robots and gun ports

Taurus

i am building a robot npc. this robot has laser gun ports all over its armor, like one on each shin, thigh, forearm, shoulder, stomach and two on the chest and two on the head. when he gets shot and takes BOD damage i want to simulate his different weapons being destroyed. if i'm not using hit locations how should i write up this effect?

the robot has 20 BOD and 13 guns, so if he was down to 10 BOD i would want half of his lasers to be destroyed. i guess this would be some kind of limitation on the lasers, but what value would you put on it and would the enforcement of the limitation just be a bit of handwaving? or maybe make a chart like this?

BOD GUNS DESTROYED

20 0

19 1

18 1

17 2

16 3

15 3

14 4

13 5

12 5

11 6

10 7

9 7

8 8

7 9

6 9

5 10

4 11

3 11

2 12

1 13

0 13

and then i guess when a new weapon is damaged cuz it took enough BOD i could then just roll on the hit location chart to see which gun wuz destroyed.

i dunno... is that too complicated? is there a better way?

Re: robots and gun ports

Personally, Id give him 26 BODY, and a Physical Limitation "Loses 1 emplaced weapon for every 2 Body taken"

But thats just me. Its an NPC, and all you -really- need is a way to remind yourself of how to have his weapons disabled consistently :)

i suppuse you are right. i just like to have stuff pretty well defined so my players don't accuse me of making stuff up as i go along.

maybe the 45 pt "takes no stun" might be the right direction to go in' date=' as you take hits, you lose attacks instead of senses, speed or str.[/quote']

hmm, i should have thought of that. that rule seems to be pretty loosley defined, tho

I think I'd go ...E-atk XD6/RKA XD6 :+1/4 Multiple emission points, Emission points degrade with damage -1/2 on the Indirect only, and just roll hit locations each time you take body to mark off the loss of some hard points....

I think I'd go ...E-atk XD6/RKA XD6 :+1/4 Multiple emission points' date=' Emission points degrade with damage -1/2 on the Indirect only, and just roll hit locations each time you take body to mark off the loss of some hard points....[/quote']

interesting... so if i made all of the guns a combined 13d6 EB then i could just remove a d6 every time gun gets destroyed. but that lessens the power of each gun. i would like each ofthem to be pretty powerfl by themselves and to be able to fire at different targets in the sme phase.

if i wrote each gun port up individually would i be able to use the 5 point doubling at get them cheaper? or is that kinda chuck e. cheesy?

if i wrote each gun port up individually would i be able to use the 5 point doubling at get them cheaper? or is that kinda chuck e. cheesy?

Not unless they were "equipment". I've come to believe that doesn't necessarily mean they must foci, so I suppose you can.

But yes, I think that would be cheesy. Looking at some of the other suggestions, something that seems like it would work for you would be to buy a single attack with Indirect (any point of origin; +1/4), and then buy levels with Rapid Fire (negating penalties for making multiple attacks), and possibly buying the Rapid Attack (Ranged) Skill. You'd still go to 1/2 DCV to make multiple attacks, but that can just be the SFX of "holding still' to accurately fire more than one gun.

Other than that, I'd still go with Real Weapon (even though it's not a focus) to explain that damage to the character in certian areas of his body will disable some of the points of origin.