Video Camera

Armitage

Re: Video Camera

Quick Opinion:

HRRP, Visual Images Only, Transmit Only

Would this work for a video camera that transmits everything the user sees to anyone within range who has HRRP to access the signal?

Or maybe Sight Transmit, Affected as Radio Group?

HFRP should be sufficient. It can transmit pictures along the radiowaves, so I don't see a problem with this method.

Some GM's might require such a writeup to be done via Clairsentience though....link it to the Radio Perception Transmit and you should be good to go.

In most, if not all, of the published stuff that I have seen video cameras are purchased as Clairsentience. HRRP or some other means is then used to transmit the data. If it is just a recorder then Editic Memory is used to simulate the memory capacity of the devise. So basically "by the book" video cameras are rather expensive. You can come up with lots of logical limitations to reduce their cost though.

Clairsentience works fine for a specific receiver linked to specific cameras, so that someone can look through the camera.

The problem is that I want the signal receivable by anyone within range who has HRRP.

Clairsentience, Usable by up to 500 others at range?

Don't really think so.

This is a plot thing that models poorly in HERO. Clairsentience is the power that lets you see other places. HRRH even with transmit does not normally send visual information. But you could use images (Sound and Vision)...effected by Sight and Radio flash (Source and Reciever) to simulate it.

Hawksmoor

HRRP includes television frequencies and the Advanced Radio Communicator in "Gadgets & Gear" is built as HRRP and has a viewscreen.

What does the view screen project?

If it is a scene the character is standing in that is great.

If he is away from the location he needs clairsentience.

It is the way the HERO granules fall.

Hawksmoor

• 2 weeks later...

HRRP, Transmit, Rapid (for sending enough information for a full live visual feed). You might also require the receivers to buy Rapid to see the feed at the full frame rate.

I think of it like this: what if it were a character on the radio, describing everything he sees? Probably given a great deal of time he could spout out enough about what he sees for someone to sketch a still frame (think forensic sketch artist if you must). With more time (and a slowly changing environment) he could describe how the scene is changing. Now if he could describe it at like 1000 times normal speed, we're getting somewhere.

HRRH is purchases as Detect broadcast transmissions, 5 pts, along with 360 degrees and transmit [as well as passive].

A video camera is broader in what it can detect. It's not detecting transmissions. It's detecting moving things. In this case I would buy it as:

Video Camera: Detect physical objects [15 pts], 360 degrees [5 pts], transmit [2pts], passive. total cost 22 pts.

For +5 points on detect and +5 points on 360 degrees you can add normal sounds to have a sound camera as well. Throw in eidetic memory, camera information only: -1, and you have the whole thing.

I just decided to add this to Midknight's sheet:

Hidden Camera: Detect physical objects [15 pts], + Detect normal sounds [+5 pts] 120 degrees [0 pts], transmit [2pts], rapid x 100 [6pts], passive plus 360 degree sound [5 pts]. IAF [planted and concealed]: -1/2, requires a receiver: -1/2. Total cost: 16 pts.

I just decided to add this to Midknight's sheet:

Hidden Camera: Detect physical objects [15 pts], + Detect normal sounds [+5 pts] 120 degrees [0 pts], transmit [2pts], rapid x 100 [6pts], passive plus 360 degree sound [5 pts]. IAF [planted and concealed]: -1/2, requires a receiver: -1/2. Total cost: 16 pts.

I'm asuming it's using the Sight Group on the first part and is not some special "see the invisible object" camera using the Unusual Group?