More use of Power Frameworks?

Gadodel

I believe that one can use Power Frameworks more frequently in DC. EC, MP, VPP can be used to 'buy' the following, without causing the Game Master to go insane:

1. Super-skills

2. 'Package' deals

3. Equipment Packages.

Superskills would work nicely in a VPP, in particular. I was thinking that a 'Pretender' type character might be more plausible/possible with the this scheme in mind.

In DC, they showed how an MP can be used to buy what essentially is a Police Officer's gear. MPs could be used to buy commando style gear as well.

EC could be used to buy 'super social skills'. Imagine the politician that has all of the necessary skills to really influence the PC or NPCs as well as an entire nation. Perks could also be a part of this sort of EC.

What do you think?

• 4 weeks later...

MP Faceman Super Skills

I used a MP to build some faceman 'super skills' for a Traveler Hero campaign.

Cost Power

4 Let Me Make Some Calls...: Multipower, 20-point reserve, (20 Active Points); all slots Activation Roll 11-, Jammed (-1 1/2), OAF Fragile (Focus, Communications Equipment; -1 1/4), Extra Time (5 Minutes, Only to Activate, -1), Requires A Seduction Roll (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4)

1u 1) I Would Like To Call A Friend, Reigis.: Detect Relevant Information, A Large Class Of Things 12- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze (20 Active Points); Activation Roll 11-, Jammed (-1 1/2), OAF Fragile (Focus, Communications Equipment; -1 1/4), Extra Time (5 Minutes, Only to Activate, -1), Requires A Seduction Roll (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4)

1u 2) I Know This Guy...: Summon 50-point Contacts, Friendly (+1/4), Expanded Class of Beings (Humans) Limited Group (+1/2) (17 Active Points); Activation Roll 11-, Jammed (-1 1/2), OAF Fragile (Focus, Communications Equipment; -1 1/4), Extra Time (5 Minutes, Only to Activate, -1), Arrives Under Own Power (-1/2), Summoned Being Must Inhabit Locale (-1/2), Requires A Seduction Roll (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4)

Re: More use of Power Frameworks?

Skills in any framework is asking for problems.

For example:

VVP- Skills: 12 points.

Control -12 points, 0 phase to change, No skill roll required. Only skills (-1/2)

For a total of 24 points, you now have every skill in the book (and all KS, PS, SS) at Char/5 + 4 at least (more for some skills).

That's way too much bang for the buck.

Characters that know *everything* should be expensive characters.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: More use of Power Frameworks?

Skills in any framework is asking for problems.

For example:

VVP- Skills: 12 points.

Control -12 points, 0 phase to change, No skill roll required. Only skills (-1/2)

For a total of 24 points, you now have every skill in the book (and all KS, PS, SS) at Char/5 + 4 at least (more for some skills).

That's way too much bang for the buck.

Characters that know *everything* should be expensive characters.

Oh, I like this!!!

Possible ways to balance it:

1. Plenty of Skill vs Skill tests. NPCs can take advantage of it too.

2. Make having Eiditic Memory a Prerequisite.

3. The Skills work in only one genre.