Star Hero Idea: Starship of the week

shadowcat1313

I had a warped idea...

I was thinking about posting a new starship design a week for a while, and opening it for discussion... or a new vehicle...

I want to see more of both, and more colorful designs

good idea?

bad idea?

silly idea?

I will start the ball rolling and keep going until somebody tells me to stop or theres no real interest

Re: Star Hero Idea: Starship of the week

thats my intention at least... I have enough design ideas from my own archives I can easily get the ball rolling on this

what kind of designs do people want to see?

its my intention to stay away from variants on published material, although I was kind of disapointed in some of the published stuff. I will stick with the standard star hero conventions unless folks want to see more Traveller Hero stuff

Hmm, that reminds me a special section in a French Fading Suns forum where a contributor regularly posts the description of spaceships he designed, with very impressive three-dimension pictures.

You'll find that here.

Obviously, there are no Hero stats for these spaceships.

for the first ship of the week heres my idea:

ITM Solaris Passenger Liner

a Luxury Passenger Liner in the grand tradition of the 20th century ocean going liners, capable of carrying 500 some passengers between the stars in style

Notes:

Size 24 or 25 unstreamlined hull, will depend on shuttles and high ports,

defensive armarment only, PD, 4 laser turrets

4 shuttles and escape pods

500 total passengers, 600 displacement[3,000 mass] tons of freight, 128 Low berths.

Backup systems and extensive security systems

Ship will be fitted with really basic sensors, Radar, IR, UV, Optical Telescopes and radio and laser commo

Thoughts on this Idea? its a ship design that I've never seen in Star Hero etc, but one would think would still exist.

Hey' date=' thanks Lord Kilsco. Thats an interesting link, even if just for the pictures as I dont read French. I'll probably end up using some of these pictures for ship designs in the SH game I am working on.[/quote']

You're welcome. I like these pictures too and I use them for my own spaceships in Star Hero.

for the first ship of the week heres my idea:

a Luxury Passenger Liner in the grand tradition of the 20th century ocean going liners, capable of carrying 500 some passengers between the stars in style

Notes:

Size 24 or 25 unstreamlined hull, will depend on shuttles and high ports,

defensive armarment only, PD, 4 laser turrets

4 shuttles and escape pods

500 total passengers, 600 displacement[3,000 mass] tons of freight, 128 Low berths.

Backup systems and extensive security systems

Ship will be fitted with really basic sensors, Radar, IR, UV, Optical Telescopes and radio and laser commo

Thoughts on this Idea? its a ship design that I've never seen in Star Hero etc, but one would think would still exist.

Hey Cat,

I haven't used my old Inspire 3d (The short-lived "Lightwave Lite") software for some time and thought I might try and do a basic model with it.

When you say 128 low births, would everyone get the same ticket, or would there be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class passengers? And would they have separate accomodations? (For example, I could definitely see the 1st class accomodations each having a survival pod, while 3rd class passengers share rooms and an evacuation shuttle.)

How many crew, BTW?

CT

Have you ever seen the old FASA Traveller supplement Action Aboard? It took place aboard a starship called the I.S.C.V. King Richard, a luxury space liner. Despite some issues with the supplement (the fluff text description does not really match the deckplans, the number of staterooms seem to be off, there's no real space for fuel tankage), the book itself was pretty good. There're a T20 stat conversion for it here,

about 3/4 of the way down the page, but I don't know how accurate it is. When I get home, I'll check with the module itself and see how closely it matches; if it's decently close it give you some ideas.