Powered Armor with AI or Remote Control

Am planning on running some sample combats for my groups that is FINALLY developing enough of an interest in the genre to try some super hero games. We've already dinked with M&M somewhat - my idea was to do a quick convert on their M&M character ideas into HERO 5th - then run some mock combats in each and see what they think of each.

For the most part this is simple, except for the Powered Armor characters one ability. He want's his armor to be able to do it's own thing when he is not armored up - so he can do the Stark standing next to Iron Man type of thing.

In M&M we wrote this up as the armor just being a sidekick of the character with data link thrown in so he can communicate of short distances. Pretty cheap point wise, armor is not as effective on it's own as it is when he's inside.

Any ideas on how to pull this one off in HERO without throwing a huge amount of character points into it? Even if the concept has to be tweaked with the AI and data link ideas.

Buy a computer for the armor, let it run the armor's systems (buy Running and STR if you need to, even limit them so that they don't add to the character's stats) when the character is absent. Make it a simple computer so it can't crimefight on its own; it needs constant input over the link.

I had the same problem, what I came up with was this:

Buy the character with a MF (The multiform will be the character in the armor, depending on the remote control he might be allowed the OIF lim still)

Then buy the armor as a Dup

Originally posted by Tom McCarthy

Maybe buy him an incompetent duplicate who can only exist inside the armour ?

Maybe buy an AI who can pilot the armour, and a mind link to the AI ?

Literally buy a follower to pilot the armour ?

I'd go with option number two; and make sure that the AI had a Subject To Orders psych lim (total), and extensive knowledge of the user (or possibly the aforementioned Mind Link).