WWYCD? "Once more, with Justice"

Hermit

Re: WWYCD? "Once more, with Justice"

Sweet? My favourite Buffy character, by far! Would rep, but...

Anyway -

Truman Golightly/Zero is a big fan of American Musicals, so this would would be be a great opportunity for a song-and-dance number about how nobody (especially Mother) knows who he is, and he likes that.

Of course, he'ld be doing this out of costume, in public. Ooops.

Vitus, on the other hand... He'd be singing in Uruak, but his Comprehend Languages ear-ring would be translating it into English for the subtitles anyway. The non-Western musical structure and scale might be more problematic tho - it's more poetry than song, with frequent structure change.

The subject of the song? A mournful grieving for all the comrades he's lost over the years, and all the times he's been the only survivor as those he would never admit to considering friends have died horribly around him. The many gold earrings and studs he wears would also get a mention, given that each wound and jewel represents another casualty (not that he's ever told anyone that. )

The chorus would be repeatedly asking himself has it all been worth the price? And answering yes, but does it have to hurt so much to make the world a better place?

final verse would be about making his lost homeworld glorious, the goal of his life, and how doing so, even if Vitus was never given credit, his name forgotten... it would be worth it.

Then he'ld go find Sweet, cut off his head, and shove it up his arse. Probably alongside the head of whoever summoned him in the first place.

Version One would sing "This heart was never mine." A sad love song to the woman he loves due to having most of her husband's memories. Since he got the Vibroman's morality along with most of his memories he would never break up a marriage. Definitely minor key material. Perhaps with angry verses about his creator inflicting these feelings on him with no way to satisfy them.

If Sussana was there she's sing about this weird guy she's never met who sings about loving her.

Sweet? My favourite Buffy character, by far! Would rep, but...

Anyway -

Truman Golightly/Zero is a big fan of American Musicals, so this would would be be a great opportunity for a song-and-dance number about how nobody (especially Mother) knows who he is, and he likes that.

Of course, he'ld be doing this out of costume, in public. Ooops.

So he likes musicals, dresses in spiffy costumes and his mother doesn't know what's going on.

Why am I reminded of the conversation Buffy had when she told her mum she was a slayer?

Vitus, on the other hand... He'd be singing in Uruak, but his Comprehend Languages ear-ring would be translating it into English for the subtitles anyway. The non-Western musical structure and scale might be more problematic tho - it's more poetry than song, with frequent structure change.

The subject of the song? A mournful grieving for all the comrades he's lost over the years, and all the times he's been the only survivor as those he would never admit to considering friends have died horribly around him. The many gold earrings and studs he wears would also get a mention, given that each wound and jewel represents another casualty (not that he's ever told anyone that. )

The chorus would be repeatedly asking himself has it all been worth the price? And answering yes, but does it have to hurt so much to make the world a better place?

final verse would be about making his lost homeworld glorious, the goal of his life, and how doing so, even if Vitus was never given credit, his name forgotten... it would be worth it.

Then he'ld go find Sweet, cut off his head, and shove it up his arse. Probably alongside the head of whoever summoned him in the first place.

So he likes musicals, dresses in spiffy costumes and his mother doesn't know what's going on.

Why am I reminded of the conversation Buffy had when she told her mum she was a slayer?

Yeah. Amazingly, people just don't believe him when he insists he isn't gay. They were flabbergasted when he went on a date. With a girl. :D

I've actually been thinking about this for a while.

At first, for Doktor Archeville I thought of a fine German drinking song, like Eisgekühlter Bommerlunder. But then I thought, "what would he reveal?" That dulling his incredible mind with alcohol is the only way he can come close to identifying with the stinking mass of humanity around him? That he feels he, like good German beers, stand head and shoulders over all inferior men/beers?

As for Dead Head, the rhythm and dance moves would of course be identical to Michael Jackson's Thriller. Not sure what he'd reveal, though. Maybe that he's really in terrible pain but hides it all behind his macabre humor.