WWYCD? "Once more, with Justice"

Hermit

Re: WWYCD? "Once more, with Justice"

Adamant: Well, he was a crooner in the 1950s in Boston's 'The Two O'Clock Club', so he's got the pipes to carry it off. I'm thinking as far as a specific song is concerned...

And now, the end is near;

And so I face the final curtain.

My friend, I’ll say it clear,

I’ll state my case, of which I’m certain.

I’ve lived a life that’s full.

I’ve traveled each and ev’ry highway;

And more, much more than this,

I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;

But then again, too few to mention.

I did what I had to do

And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;

Each careful step along the byway,

But more, much more than this,

I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I’m sure you knew

When I bit off more than I could chew.

But through it all, when there was doubt,

I ate it up and spit it out.

I faced it all and I stood tall;

And did it my way.

I’ve loved, I’ve laughed and cried.

I’ve had my fill; my share of losing.

And now, as tears subside,

I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;

And may I say - not in a shy way,

No, oh no not me,

I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?

If not himself, then he has naught.

To say the things he truly feels;

And not the words of one who kneels.

The record shows I took the blows -

And did it my way!

Chemo: Would be absolutely horrified, he can't carry a tune in a bucket. Even if he turned himself into said bucket. Something in Spanish for sure.

The Analogist: His repertoire would be impressive, given his eidetic memory and eclectic tastes. He's at least a competent singer, and would rapidly deduce the source of this event from something odd - like the mating habits of central european sparrows and their impact on global climate change or something like that. Then it's off to the races to get it stopped asap. (Showtunes?! Ugh)

Astro-Knight-Caught up in the music would likely begin singing something a little bit country about how he longs to explore the stars, but being a man means staying true to your responsiblities so he's stuck in Houston. He loves home, but sometimes resents it holding him back. He'd be deeply appalled by his behavior afterwards if any heard him.

Gaze-Something akin to Sinatra perhaps? A somewhat jaunty tune, with dark lyrics as he confeses how he wiped a man's mind out of revenge for the death of the woman he loved. How it scared the #$#$ing hell out of him after.

"That blank insipid grin, those wheels no longer spin, no helping the state he's in...

It's mind craft"

And perhaps a bit on how he no longer considers himself safe to be with women period.

Max Thunder-Rock ballad with intense parts that go into Rock Opera to show his dual nature where he rattles on about how confused he is about which way he wants to go. Probably would succeed in breaking his adoptive mortal parents hearts and offending his daddy Zeus.

Recluse-combo of new age style American Indian chants, and the old 50s (I think it was 50s) song, "Please Mister Custer" as he explains to everyone how he got drafted by Grandmother Spider.

"I had a dream last night

about the coming fight

somebody yelled attack

and there I stood with an arrow in my back!

Please Mr. Custer, Please don't make me go

:D:P

(Going off my most recent character since I'm not in any current games ...)

King Kitsune: This is his actual theme song listed in the 'notes' section of his character sheet (for the record, he's a speedster):

RUN AROUND (from the Digimon: The Movie soundtrack, by Jasan Radford)

Things are starting to accelerate into something

Never stopping always trouble bubbling

Now I think I'm getting dizzy, too much spinning

Page by page the plot is thickening quickening!

It's getting too insane

I'm trying to maintain

Whoa, whoa, whoa whoa, whoa, whoa whoa!

You run around!

I run around!

We're all gonna run run run around!

You run around!

I run around!

We all do a run run run around!

It is getting closer

More intense, ever spinning

Twisting turning roller coaster!

Inch by inch the gap is closing

Pressure building

Temperature rising

Higher and higher!

It's getting too crazy

I wish I could maybe

Whoa, whoa, whoa whoa, whoa, whoa whoa!

Run run baby

Run run baby

Run run baby

Run run baby

Run run baby

Run run baby

Like a rocket!

Like a rocket!

Never stopping!

You'll never stop it!

You run around!

I run around!

You run around!

I run around!

You run around! (You run around)

I run around!

You run around! (You run around)

I run around!

Guest HeroPink!

(With thanks, apologies to Jos Whedon for the episode that inspired it)

Your character is going on his/her usual routine, when all over the city, people, either in groups, or as individuals begin to break out into song... somehow with background music provided. While the styles vary (some rock and roll, some go broadway, etc) one thing that occurs is an honest display of how the singer feels, and sometimes even their secrets.

What would your character do about the situation?

What would your character's song be like/about? (And in what style?)

and how would they deal with the fallout after coming so clean about their feelings...

and possibly embarrasing themselves to boot.

Thena: "Blip" off to somewhere else. Not come back until the problem is gone.

Glarg: Have no idea what's going on, no problem with it. Incapable of articulating his feelings (the few he has). No regrets, as he can't understand what happened.

His sound based, Explosion EB is going to hurt people, though. He's loud! Also can't sing, so those that aren't hurt will WINCE at the sound.

Panweesio: No-one will hear, no-one will know. He'll block the sight and sound of him totally. Complete control of perception and perceivables will do that.

---you'd better hope. Cause if his Secretive PsychLim (Total) kicks in before he thinks to hide what he's doing, this level of self-revealing will drive him nuts. Which means hectares & hectares of people with their minds blasted when he feeds them their deepest fears.

OK. My curent test charater I am working on, Tenchi Morasoto, would have no regrets. Instead, he will sing in Godtoung, and eveyone who is doing evil around him will stop what thay are doing and wheep. Doubly so if somehow his mother, the goddess Belldandy appears and joins in.

Adonis would have several songs ranging in style. Probably, at least one good dance number. Nothing particularly revealing would come out. The fact that he cares and worries about his DNPC. That he desperately wants to be loved, but despite all the love he recieves from his friends and adopted family, that he still feels inadequate because of the fact that his "father" never showed him any affection.

Boost, most likely, would only do chorus for other characters and one or two lines in the group piece. On the other hand, his DNPC Randy would probably do a lovely little love song about the two of them. It is also possible that there would be a cut away scene where one of Boost's Hunted's sing about Boost, or where a group of other gymnists sing about how Randy is probably getting an unfair advantage because his boyfriend is using super powers to enhance Randy's performance.

• 2 months later...
Guest daeudi_454

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but my daughter just forced me to watch this with her, lol. And I was trying to find a write-up for Sweet. But WTHeck, I'll post.. :nonp:

FireDrake: Being a Magical creature, he would avoid it longer, and being obseesed with hunting demons would hurry through without much song at all- he has no secrets.

Quantum Cat: would break out into a verse using his ghosts as back-up singers.

ION: would probably do a rendition of Linkin Park's Papercut... Possibly as a counterpoint duet with his Negative side.

This would give away his MPD to everyone.

It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back

It's like a whirlwind inside of my head

It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within

It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin

The PC: would do a Heavy rock version of Johnny Cash. His greatest secret is that he hate himself. Which everyone around him hears, but doesn't really believe because he tries so hard to be a hero.

Well, you're my friend And can you see

Many times we've been out drinking

Many times we've shared our thoughts

Did you ever, ever notice, the kind of thoughts I got

Well you know I have a love, for everyone I know

And you know I have a drive, for life I won't let go

But sometimes this opposition, comes rising up in me

This terrible imposition, comes blacking through my mind

And then I see a darkness

and then attempt to remove the spleen of the idiot who summoned Sweet. THEN pursue Sweet.

Tom Cat-- As possibly the greatest musician/singer the world has ever known could do this in any style at all and would probably make it look intentional (often uses music as rhythm for combat anyway). The deep revelation would be his about his boredom, his disgust with himself, because his triumphs are all unearned (not his victories as a superhero, but his general life) because his "powers" mean he is always triumphant and how he wishes to taste a real struggle.

Luna-- Ramones era punk. It is a song about how she is going to keep on enforcing her viewpoint on a silly world until it stops being silly and starts making sense.

Brickhouse-- Would not sing her theme song! Instead she would sing something a little bit reggae and a little bit gospel about trying to leave the filthy past and its residue behind.

The Tide-- Would 'filk' up the Alabama fight song to be about his struggle to achieve enough that people would think about the good he has done rather than what he looks like (or, alternatively, sing a variation on Steely Dan's "Deacon Blue").

Po'Boy-- A scatty, jazzy number about putting ambition aside.

Sword Dancer-- Korean folksong about her unending fear both of something happening to her and about her doing something unforgivable (might also reveal her illicit relationship with her married boss).

Luna and the Tide would be the most motivated to do something about this. Tom Cat would think it pretty hilarious. The others would be ready to help as soon as someone could tell them how.

I don't recall seeing this thread the first time around, so I'll answer it now that it's been brought up again. :)

Dr. Anomaly -- it really depends on what kind of a mood he's in. Even though his one besetting vice is his confidence that he can find the answer or figure out anything (overconfidence, really), he's also never 'adjusted' to being a superhero. What I mean by that is that he doesn't feel like he imagined superheroes feel...he doesn't feel mighty, or invincible, or glorious. He just feels like an all-too mortal man, well aware of his faults, trying to live up to some very high (self-imposed) standards. So as a 'standard default', he'd probably end up doing this piece:

Just A Boy

Who steers the ship through the stormy sea

If hope is lost then so are we

While some eyes search for one to guide us

Some are staring at me

But I'm no hero

Though I wish I could be

For I am just a boy,

Too young to be sailing

I am just a boy,

And my future is unveiling

And I'm so frightened of failing

On the other hand, all too often it seems as if he and his teammates are the only ones standing in the way of villainy, disaster, rogue gods, and everything else you can think of; and it seems like they come one after another with nary a break. It's been building up for a long time, but Dr. Anomaly's beginning to feel tired...bone-deep, soul-weary tired. If that were dominating his feelings, he'd probably end up with another song from the same album:

A World Without Heroes

A world without heroes

Is like a world without sun

You can't look up to anyone

Without heroes

And a world without heroes

Is like a never ending race

Is like a time without a place

A pointless thing devoid of grace

Where you don't know what you're after

Or if something's after you

And you don't know why you don't know

In a world without heroes

In a world without dreams

Things are no more than they seem

And a world without heroes

Is like a bird without wings

Or a bell that never rings

Just a sad and useless thing

Where you don't know what you're after

Or if something's after you

And you don't know why you don't know

In a world without heroes

There's nothing to be

It's no place for me

And lastly...well, lately he's been having some uncertain emotions about another member of the team. Not that long ago, for the first time, it was brought home to him that a relationship might be possible with this person. He's shyed away from that, though, for a number of reasons not the least of which is that he's spent most of his adult life dodging 'relationships' and isn't sure how to go about trying to start one. What he's been telling himself, though, is that it would complicate things for the team to have two members 'invovled' with one another, and (fortunately) the team has been bouncing from crisis to crisis so he has the excuse of not really having had the time...but that's all it is, an excuse.

So if the musical hit him in the guts and he coughed up these feelings, it would probably end up being some kind of song about an unachievable goal or dream, where the goal or dream is a woman. Off hand I don't know what song would fit that, but that's the sort it would be. :(

Special Agent Trent's first imulse would be to escape the area, and with an 18-mile teleport, he could probably do it. If not, he'd wind up singing a metal/classic rock/classical piece expressing his anger at the having his powers jammed into his head, dominating his life and affecting his personality, and the fear of what they might lead him to do.

If he was at home when it happened, he might even accompany himself on his electric guitar, which would lead to embarrasment afterward, as he hasn't admitted to anyone that he plays.

Zeropoint

Preacher would sing a Gregorian Chant. His song would be filled with self loathing about failing to save his congregation from a bomb and how he feels that what ever he does isn't good enough to atone for their deaths. And when he finds the person who did this well he'll have something else to atone for.

Hell Strider would sing a song in Demon Tongue, so nobody would understand it but her. It would be about her still unresolved issues stemming from her 10 years as a slave to a demon lord in the 8th plane of hell. Also about her hatred for the demnic being growing in her womb and her inability to kill it.

• 2 years later...

(With thanks, apologies to Jos Whedon for the episode that inspired it)

Your character is going on his/her usual routine, when all over the city, people, either in groups, or as individuals begin to break out into song... somehow with background music provided. While the styles vary (some rock and roll, some go broadway, etc) one thing that occurs is an honest display of how the singer feels, and sometimes even their secrets.

What would your character do about the situation?

What would your character's song be like/about? (And in what style?)

and how would they deal with the fallout after coming so clean about their feelings...

and possibly embarrassing themselves to boot.

Thread Necromancy of one's own thread? How tacky. Ah well, I gotta be me.

I've got characters I didn't have when this came up, at least I don't think so so...

Aquatic- Trapped in a disney sounding song, no doubt. Mystical help would be sought once he got done with his cheery tune "Burn it all down, and salt the earth" about Hudson CIty, his true feelings on the place in his more depressed moments revealed. :) Let Meghan deal with the PR fall out from that.

Mole -Is a musician, so no problem! Well, slight problem... if a song about how his girlfriend finally relented to have sex with him was belted out in a Power Ballad, well, she might set fire to him...literally. Hopefully their local mystics can save them.

Doc Shocker - Despite his 20-something celeb status and rather trendy appearance Doc's song would be old school punk with lyrics about how great it is to be super powered and what a blast his "unlife" is. If any secrets were to slip it would be in a pathetic emo/screamo piece about how he hates his father. He'd go after the source simply because it's the right thing to do. As for the "consequences" he really wouldn't care, after all, he's been seen in public with Lindsay, Britney, Paris... the list goes on.

Thunder: Depends on what sort of mood she was in. If she got caught up the int middle of a fight it would definitely be AC/DC's Thunderstruck. You've been Thunderstruck! If she was dealing with all the other absurdities life brought up she probably wander into something much more like Weird Al Yankovich.

Redline: If he was in his Agent Zero persona, he's be doing "Secret Agent Man" or "Twilight Zone" If he was in battle mode (As a 50 ft tall mecha-demon) ir would either be "Heavy Metal" or "Mob Rules."

Close the city and tell the people that something's coming to call. Death and Darkness are Rushing forward to take a bite from the wall.

Gwendolyn - A fluttery song, with lots of silly sweet moments.

"It's strange and different being here,

But I can smile with the new day"

Vera - A darker song, simplistic, yet full background music. Wishing to be great, but doomed to fail.

"I watch them pass by and they cannot see

The woman I am and who I wish to be"

Lauren - Strong ballad,done to a full orchestra at it's peak and just a solitary piano at it's most intense. It follows her uncertainty about the path she's chosen and how things could have been different.

"It could have been so different had she lived

He would love me like a daughter

And what if he did?

Would I be ready for this death

Someone else could take my place

Would they have more strength?"

> And normally' date=' she doesn't have to filter things out -- it's Cosmic Awareness, after all, being aware of everything around her is the shtick. I did take a Susceptibility based on Things That Man Was Not Meant To Know, however... you don't *WANT* to look at a Qlippothian horror, or the soul of Takofanes, or etc. with Cosmic Awareness... because what you See there will be making your brains run out your ears.[/quote']

Waitaminute! Takofanes has a soul? When did this happen? :eek: :eek: :nonp::jawdrop:

Brawl and Challenger from my Centurions team are stone Iron Maiden fans,

Maze is more pop/indie orientated and Maverick is an aspiring rap/hip-hop artist in the style of Kanye and Usher.

Should be interesting. :)

Waitaminute! Takofanes has a soul? When did this happen? :eek: :eek: :nonp::jawdrop:

Of course, he has a soul. Several actually, he keeps them in a small vials that he heats then inhales the vapors from while listening to the resulting screams. It relaxes him.

Volt is the best singer of my characters, but is better (and happier) singing harmony. Could be Patriotic style march(A la John Philip Sousa) More likely fifties style sounding like Sha Na Na. (doing the bass part) Would be about "bring too old for this"(he's 65 and shows it) and wonders just how he got into this and whether he should just stop doing it. Would not be too bothered about it.

Olorin is not a bad singer but not great. Style: anything except rap and real twangy country (think the original Hank Williams'n "Cheating Heart") Content would be about being alone and fear of being alone. Would probably be blues sytle; it would fit his lament. (He's afraid of outliving everyone. He's already outlived everyone he has ever loved and is unaging, so will do it again unless he gets killed first, and he is not sure he can die.) Pouring his heart out would not bother him, but being a mystic, he'd investigate and try to fix the situation (probably could too.)

Black Tiger can't carry a tune in a bucket with assistance. Would do a very bad hard rock song about distrusting authorities and wondering if he ever would get his memory back and what bad things he may have done during his memory blackout problem. He'd really hate this and if his singing didn't kill all heard it (just a joke) he'd want to kill the people who did - but would not. The being that caused it however....:bmk:

Futurian, a passable singer (barely) would sing to the tune of the "Imperial Death March" from Star Wars. (He has this play from any tech source whenever he wants to annouce his presense... which anytime he is not in stealth mode.) It would start about his frustration with the primitive tech he has to deal with and then change into frustration with the fact that he can't "fraternize" with the women here lest he leave "Genetic progeny and possibly mess up the time line."