Rough Draft PC

Lethosos

I've gone ahead and started building Queen of Spades so that I have a solid character concept for later. Feel free to make suggestions, nitpick, whatever--the idea is a semi-vertisale brick who moonlights as a auto-show model and plays with cars in her spare time. She gets her powers from figuring out the alien technology within the Forge and duplicating it into a callable armoured suit. (The Forge will be written up along with her heavily modded vehicle, The Jack of Diamonds, but for now they'll have the flat cost of 50pts and 100pts, respectively.) Point build is on 300/75, so I have about 25 left to distribute.

I don't have the full Fred on hand right now--just Sidekick and the lovely Master List of Limitations. (Someone get that imported into HeroDesigner, stat! :D )

Questions are welcome, as always.

[b]Queen of Spades - Aleina Walthiel[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
17    STR     2   17      12-       HTH Damage 3d6  END [2]
19    DEX     12   19      13-       OCV 6 DCV 6
17    CON     4   17      12-
14    BODY    8   14      12-
15    INT     5   15      12-       PER Roll 12-
14    EGO     8   14      12-       ECV: 5
12    PRE     2   12      11-       PRE Attack: 2d6
17    COM     4   17      12-
0    PD      0   0/5             0/5 PD (0/5 rPD)
2    ED      0   2/7             2/7 ED (0/5 rED)
2    SPD     0   2                 Phases:  6, 12
3    REC     2   3
25    END     1   25
20    STUN    0   20
11    RUN      0   11"                END [2]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
3    LEAP     0   3"                3" forward, 1 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 47[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
16     [b][i]The Queen's Suit[/i][/b]: Multipower, 20-point reserve,  (20 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=
1u     1)  [b][i]Energy Meshweave[/i][/b]: Armor (5 PD/5 ED) (15 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
1u     2)  [b][i]Energy Aura[/i][/b]: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
2u     3)  [b][i]Ruby Visor I[/i][/b]: Nightvision, Discriminatory, Analyze, Tracking (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
1u     4)  [b][i]Ruby Visor II[/i][/b]: Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
2u     5)  [b][i]Repulsion System[/i][/b]: Flight 10" (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=2
1u     6)  [b][i]Power Boost I[/i][/b]: Running +5" (11" total) (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=1
0u     7)  [b][i]Power Boost II[/i][/b]: +5 STR (5 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) - END=1
1u     8)  [b][i]Power Boost III[/i][/b]: +5 DEX (15 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=
1u     9)  [b][i]Power Boost IV[/i][/b]: +5 CON (10 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=
1u     10) [b][i]Dynamo Powersource[/i][/b]: Endurance Reserve  (25 END, 5 REC) (7 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
      - END=
15     [b][i]The Queen's Secpter I[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, END Reserve (+1/4), Double Knockback (+3/4) (30 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=3
7     [b][i]The Queen's Secpter II[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 5d6 (25 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x5 END; -2), Beam (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4) - END=10
8     [b][i]Taser Fists[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +1d6, END Reserve (+1/4), Armor Piercing (x4; +2) (16 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4) - END=2
15     [b][i]Crowned Into Royalty[/i][/b]: Shape Shift  (Sight Group), Instant Change - END=1
      - END=
33     [b][i]The Queen's Vault[/i][/b]: Multipower, 50-point reserve,  (50 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), 6 Recoverable Charges (-1/4) - END=
3u     1)  [b][i]Extra Armor Gear[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (37 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
2u     2)  [b][i]The Jack of Diamonds[/i][/b]: Summon 100-point Vehicle (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
1u     3)  [b][i]The Forge[/i][/b]: Summon 50-point Automaton (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 111[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
12      +3 HTH Damage Class(es)
1      Weapon Element:  Axes, Maces, Hammers, and Picks

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 13[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
9      Combat Driving 16-
2      +2 with any single attack with one specific weapon
5      Cramming 
9      Electronics 15-
9      High Society 14-
5      CK: Vibora Bay 14-
9      Mechanics 15-
7      Navigation (Land, Marine) 14-
9      Seduction 14-
9      Streetwise 14-
2      TF:  Common Motorized Ground Vehicles

[b]SKILLS Cost: 75[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
5      Contact (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact limited by identity) 14-
1      Reputation:  Auto Model (A medium-sized group) 11-, +1/+1d6; Only Not In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

[b]PERKS Cost: 6[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
15      Combat Sense 12-
6      Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)

[b]TALENTS Cost: 21[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
20     Normal Characteristic Maxima
15     Social Limitation:  Secret ID (Frequently, Major)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Compulsive Carouser (Common, Moderate)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Code Vs. Killing (Common, Total)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 65[/b]

Base Pts: 300
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 273

Re: Rough Draft PC

She needs a bit more PRE. Auto models, especially if we're talking auto shows, not car magazines, tend to be above average models. A PS: Modeling would be good too.

Otherwise, give her some defenses. 5/7 PD ED? I'll splatter you with one decent attack. One 12D6 attack and you're down for the fight with a gaping chest wound(down 5-7 BODY and a STUN total of about -16) DON'T assume you can use a vehicle as your defenses because 1) Most GMs won't allow it. 2) You really don't want to see what happens when a guy with desolid or a first rate teleporter with the appropriate adder suddenly is sitting next to you in the car. And believe me, it WILL happen if your GM is any good.

For that matter, you only do about 9D6 damage with your best attack. What kind of campaign is this because you're underpower for even street level supers.? Or at least underarmored.

You know, I didn't notice the bas 0PD ... very bad idea. I don't even think it's a realistic idea, not sure what it's supposed to model.

You have only 5rPD in the suit, is that high enough for the game? my low end defenses on characters are still around 7-10.

And at closer look, perhaps another point of SPD, 2 is just way to slow. 3 is at least workable.

I would build the character a little different.

I would make the characteristic boost a permanent boost through the armor. So give the character additional characteristics, but with the lim OIHI (IE The armor can never really be taken away) or OIF (It can be removed but under certain circumstances). This might be a little more expensive, but you also no longer have to spend points on the Multipower

Besides, it looks like you can only activate one of the powers in the first multipower - not good. I can just picture it... I activate my Armor... it is kind of dark, I activate Nightvision... oh there is that bad guy, he's shooting at me. Darn, my defenses dropped!

Not to mention, you have your weapons outside of the Multipower! This is not a 'bad' thing, but how often will you be able to smack someone up the head with the sceptor and shoot someone else with the energy blast at the same time?

I also have a problem with the Strength... seems a little high. Comliness a little low (would rather see an 18 or 19) and a Presence a little low... That is for a supermodel car show girl

As for SPD - isn't the cost wrong? Don't you need to spend at least a point to bring it up to 2?

Me, I don't like her. She just isn't built 'right'

The character's base stats are all over the place and none of them really hit the efficiency points. 17 STR? ummm why? 15 or 18 is the number you want. 19 DEX again why? 20 is a good number and 18 is better. Likewise down the stat tree. SPEED of 2??? Two? Are you kidding? Any super in HERO should at least have a 4, most of them are going to be 5s.

Powers: Summons for the car and robot? or is it a base? With a name like the Forge I can't tell. While summon is a good way to build it especially if the character has a radio call for the car most GMs would hesitate to allow it in a MP.

Armor Powers in a MP: Again a very bad idea. Use either a straight list in Hero Designer (no cost break but it groups the powers quite nicely) or a set of small ECs, Multipowers, and Compound Powers for the enhanced Characteristics.

Scepter powers: Build these as an EC a 50-60 pt reserve with HtH and Energy Blast slots plus a small 1" Stretch 0END Always Direct Only to Cause Damage is a good build.

Hawksmoor

You don't necessarily have to build everything "on the break". You do get stuff for it too. Especially DEX, if everyone is buying "on the break" and I pay an extra point like that, I no longer have to roll off for actions against 18 DEX people. I automatically go ahead of them now. That's worth something.

I also like the idea that was developed on these boards a while back that in case of a tie on opposed Skill Rolls, that the character with the higher characteristic wins. So if Blue Boy has 16 INT and Green Guy has 15 INT and they both make their roll by the same amount, Blue Boy wins the tiebreaker.

I think the larger question again...and if it has been answered can someone please tell me where...What kind of campaign is this character for?

General Champions starting-level shuperheroic game. Could be Silver to Iron age--the point is to have this character statted up to a default point, then make changes later to suit the needs of a starting campaign.

I may actually up the total by 350/75, though--but I wanted to see if it's doable at 300/75 first.

I think you have a good concept. It just needs refinement. I don't mind spending more on characteristics, that is if there is a reason. I do disagree about the SPD needing to be a 4 or 5. I currently have a character with a SPD 3 (minimum I would say), and that is perfectly acceptable.

One of the keys, I would look at is the chart on what the averages are for a certain point campaign. Try to keep the OCV/DCV SPD and stats inline and this should be gravy.

I admit that I have an odd habit of making sure certain stats 'line up', especially the END/STUN and PD/ED figures. :D

Took another look at Queen, in line with suggestions and what not... had to take it up to 350/75 anyways. I'm still leery at the thought of dismantling the MP that is the Armor--it makes sense in the long run to be able to 'suppress' it in its entireity. Doing it this way, however, is evil against the GM. The only way it'll still work is to supress the "concept". (There is also suppressing the END reserve, but it's difficult to link it all together that way.) I also need to think about how to bundle the inherent stat boosts together, as well. (Purely for my own peace of mind--less clutter to concentrate on.) I also changed Taser Fists into a Drain that is more appropriate for the SFX.

Hrmm... might be possible to clean it up even further, squeeze a few more points back into skills/stats.

[b]Queen of Spades - Alena Walthiel[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
22    STR     2   22      13-       HTH Damage 4d6  END [0]
19    DEX     12   19      13-       OCV 6 DCV 6
17    CON     4   17      12-
14    BODY    8   14      12-
15    INT     5   15      12-       PER Roll 12-
14    EGO     8   14      12-       ECV: 5
20    PRE     10   20      13-       PRE Attack: 4d6
18    COM     4   18      13-
4     PD      0   4/14             4/14 PD (0/10 rPD)
4     ED      1   4/14             4/14 ED (0/10 rED)
3     SPD     1   3                 Phases:  4, 8, 12
8     REC     2   8
35    END     1   35
35    STUN    1   35
10    RUN      0   10"                END [2]
3     SWIM     1   3"                END [1]
4     LEAP     0   4"                4" forward, 2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 60[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
15     [b][i]Crowned Into Royalty[/i][/b]: Shape Shift  (Sight Group), Instant Change - END=1
24     [b][i]Energy Meshweave[/i][/b]: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
24     [b][i]Energy Aura[/i][/b]: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
16     [b][i]Ruby Visor I[/i][/b]: Nightvision, Discriminatory, Analyze, Tracking (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
8      [b][i]Ruby Visor II[/i][/b]: Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
16     [b][i]Repulsion System[/i][/b]: Flight 10" (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=2
4      [b][i]Power Boost I[/i][/b]: Running +4" (10" total) (8 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=1
15     [b][i]Power Boost II[/i][/b]: +10 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (21 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) - END=
4      [b][i]Power Boost III[/i][/b]: +5 DEX (15 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) - END=
3      [b][i]Power Boost IV[/i][/b]: +5 CON (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) - END=
7      [b][i]Dynamo Powersource[/i][/b]: Endurance Reserve  (30 END, 5 REC) Reserve:  (8 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
33     [b][i]Taser Fists[/i][/b]: Drain STUN 4d6, Semi-Armor Piercing (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=5

10     [b][i]The Queen's Secpter[/i][/b]: Elemental Control, 40-point powers,  (20 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4) - END=
16     1)  [b][i]Mace Smash[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6, END Reserve (+1/4), Double Knockback (+3/4) (60 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4) - END=6
6      2)  [b][i]Mace Energy Beam[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1), OIF (-1/2), Beam (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=12

27     [b][i]The Queen's Vault[/i][/b]: Multipower, 40-point reserve,  (40 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), 6 Recoverable Charges (-1/4)
[Notes: The multi-power simulates a series of dimensional pockets where QofS can store a 'keyed' unique item as she chooses. In theory, the Queen's Secpter/Armor also each takes up a pocket slot, bringing it up to a total 8 slots. They are not included for the fact that one is a personal weapon and the other is required to access the rest of the slots.] - END=
3u     1)  [b][i]Extra Armor Gear[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (37 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
2u     2)  [b][i]The Jack of Diamonds[/i][/b]: Summon 100-point Vehicle (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
1u     3)  [b][i]The Forge[/i][/b]: Summon 50-point Automaton (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 234[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
8      +2 HTH Damage Class(es)
1      Weapon Element:  Axes, Maces, Hammers, and Picks

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 9[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
9      Combat Driving 16-
2      +2 with any single attack with one specific weapon
5      Cramming 
9      Electronics 15-
9      High Society 16-
5      CK: Vibora Bay 14-
7      Mechanics 14-
7      Navigation (Land, Marine) 14-
6      PS: Auto Mechanic 15-
6      PS: Model 15-
9      Seduction 16-
9      Streetwise 16-
2      TF:  Common Motorized Ground Vehicles

[b]SKILLS Cost: 85[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
5      Contact (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact limited by identity) 14-
1      Reputation:  Auto Model (A medium-sized group) 11-, +1/+1d6; Only Not In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

[b]PERKS Cost: 6[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
15     Combat Sense 12-
6      Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)

[b]TALENTS Cost: 21[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
20     Normal Characteristic Maxima
15     Social Limitation:  Secret ID (Frequently, Major)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Compulsive Carouser (Common, Moderate)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Code Vs. Killing (Common, Total)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 65[/b]

Base Pts: 350
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 415

Starting from the top:

Stat Problems: Not too bad, depending on what kind of campagn you’re looking at.

A easy way to help with the non-figured stats is to think of five points as a ‘full point’ and 3 points as a ‘half point.’

The figured characteristics aren’t done correctly. The base PD and ED should be 3, the base Spd 2.9, Rec 6, End 34, and Stun 32.

You’re going to want a higher speed, by the way. And higher defenses. If this is for a champs game, I’d put the base PD and ED around 10-12 or so, maybe more.

And I’d suggest buying both Dex and Con up a bit, outside of the OIHID suit. When you get cornered by a couple of thugs and you don’t have your armor with you, they’ll keep you standing up long enough to take them out. 20 or 23, and a five or six Spd. A bit lower if you want to invest in a lot of skill levels.

And a professional model (and a bad@ss power-armor anime chick) should have a higher Presence. At least 15, and possibly more.

Power Problems: (A lot I’m afraid)

Bad News: You really, really don’t want to put everything in the multipower. Aside from the fact you’re going to be filled with holes as soon as you turn your nightvision on, the special effect don’t make any sense. Why does your armor disappear when you look through the visor?

Bad News: The end reserve in the multipower doesn’t make any sense, either. You’d only be able to use it when that slot was ‘turned on’ . . . At which point you’re weak, vulnerable, really don’t want to be in smashing range.

Bad News: You can’t usually put senses in a power framework.

Good News: You don’t need Discriminatory and Targeting and the rest for Nightvision. Nightvision is in the sight sense group, so you get those for free.

Good News: You don’t have to take the +1/4 ‘End Reserve’ limitation on the powers that use the reserve. That’s only if they can use either the characters end or the reserve end. As long as they can only use one, the cost is the same.

Bad News: You can’t put Life Support in a power framework, either.

Bad News: Nor vehicles, nor automatons. And Summons are iffy.

In short, you’re going to want/have to take the Armor, senses, End Reserve, and probably the stats out of the multipower. Which is pretty much everything.

Oh, and you don’t need or want x4 AP on anything. :) Actually, because of the way HA’s work with STR, this would give you a tiny 2d6 attack, that would pierce armor very well, then do 1 or 2 stun, if you were very lucky. It looks like what you want is a NND attack there.

What might be closer to what you’d want for the core suit is: (I’m assuming you’re trying to build a slim ‘hard suit,’ rather than the Iorn Man-esque ‘power armor,’)

12 (15) Mesh Armor 5 PD, 5 ED Armor, OIHID (-1/4)

7 (13) Dynamo Power! +13 STR, No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4)

2 (3) Ruby Visor Nightvision, OIHID (-1/4)

4 (5) Ruby Visor 5 points Sight Group Flash Defense, OIHID (-1/4)

8 (10) Dynamo Battery 50 Point End Reserve, 5 REC, OIHID (-1/4)

16 (20) Dynamo Power! 20 Point Multipower, OIHID (-1/4)

4m (20) Power Mesh! 10/10 Force Field, OIHID (-1/4) 2 End

4m (20) Speed Boost! 10†Running, OIHID (-1/4) 2 End

2m (20) Dynamo Punch! +4d6 HA, OIHID (-1/4), HA Limitation (-1/2) 2 End

2m (20) Tazer Punch! 4d6 EB, NND (+1), No Range (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4). 2 End

2m (20) Strength Boost! +20 STR, OIHID (-1/4) only for Grabs, Escapes, or Lifting (-3/4) 2 End

12 (30) The Queens Scepter (basic) +4d6 Hand Attack, No End (+1/2), HA Limitation (-1/2) OAF (-1)

14 (38) The Queens Scepter (Dynamo!) Double Knockback on up to 10d6, x3 End (-3/4), OAF (-1)

All together, that’s only 89 points, and you can trim off a few buy making the multipower slots Ultras, and adding a few disadvantages here and there. You should still have some left to buy Life Support, (the only disad you can really justify for it is OIHID, I’m afraid) and the vehicle/automaton. The latter’s going to be a bit complicated, I’m afraid. The easiest way is probably to buy two followers, one vehicle-like and one automaton. That will cost 55 points, though, (no limitations or power frameworks).

Skill Problems

Bad: You have 3 Extra DCs with martial arts, but no martial arts!! Replace them with 3 Manuvers, and ‘Use Art with Clubs (Scepter!)’

I’d suggest: Martial Strike, (This will give you a suited base attack, if you use your Dynamo Punch or Scepter, of 12d6, about average for a standard supers game)

Martial Block, and either Disarm, Grab, Escape, or Dodge.

Bad News: Two point skill levels with a –1 ‘single weapon’ limitation are a horrible, horrible idea. Not for this character, they shouldn’t exist at all. Replace with a 5 pt HTH level, or a 3 point ‘martial manuvers’ level, or a 3 pt Scepter skill level. Or more, depending on where your Dex ends up. (Or one overall skill level. See Below)

Good News: Otherwise, not bad at all. But you can save a lot of points. Instead of buying up each skill +2 or +3, (for a cost of four to six points each), you can buy skill levels, or stats, for much less.

You’ve spent 42 points buying up skills, you could buy 5 All Skills 8 point levels, or four Overall levels for the same price!!

If you kick the Dex and the PRE up to 18+, that will give you a base 13- for both Dex and Pre skills. A single Overall skill level (10 pts) will give you 14- in all your skills. (and a nice boost to your OCV, DCV, or ECV, as needed!) Two more 3 point skill levels, in Combat Driving, Mechanics, and Navigation (or Electronics) will ensure your place as the preeminent gearhead of your campaign.

Perks/ Talents Problems

None, really. You probably don’t need to pay for rep as an Auto Model, though. An International Driver’s License might be nice, if you have the spare points, but not necessary.

And you might want to buy up the roll for ‘Combat Sense.’ If you’re going to dump that many points into it, you might as well add a couple more to make sure it works most of the time.

Disad Problems

NCM shouldn’t exist. Not your fault, but there it is. And you DON’T want to be stuck at Spd 4 without a LOT of defenses. Trust me on this.

I hope that came across as constructive criticism.

---

“It’s a Cobra! A SHELBY Cobra!!â€

Are you making this character in HD? If so, you might want it to show both your characters Normal Characteristics and the souped up one from her Power Armor.

Also if you can, please describe how she changes from Costumed Hero(?) to Hot Trottin' Supermodel Mama. This might show why OIHI might not be the right disadvantage.

Even though there is really no wrong way to build a character, there are some ways to make it expandable(?) possibly even more efficient.

Like the Sceptor - To me it is an OAF device with two gimmicks a smack upside the head and an energy blast. I would make that a Multipower plain and simple.

So now my math may be wrong because I don't have the books or HD to help me. But say you have a 60pt MP OAF

Sceptor of Doom (60pt MP) OAF (-1) real cost 30pts

3u Smack of Doom +6d6 HA + Double Knockback (60 Active Points)

2u Blast of Doom 8d8 EB

This costs me 35 points. I could probably add in a few disadvantages more, but it does the job and its elegant. Now I can up my Energy Blast to be 60AP maybe even add in an adder. It doesn't cost more endurance, and overall it is a good design. Plus I can toss in a couple of other powers at 60 active point cost... how about having that Mace be used as a Shield with an Activation Roll (you do have to get it inbetween you and the attack...)

Also on your Sceptor you have OIF, OIHI along with Gestures - I don't see that as legal. OIF means it can't really be gotten rid of easily. OIHI means you really are never without it - ie can't be taken away. And gestures seem rather silly, it kind of reminds me of Sailor Moon doing the little dance before you smack the enemy. If that is what you want... more power to you. I just don't recommend it. Especially with OAF basically screams Mace to me.

I was looking at the first writup (The second wasn’t up yet when I started) Better, but still needs a bit of work.

Gestures isn’t appropriate for the Tazer Fists. They don’t use gestures any more than punching does. Generally, Gestures is inappropriate for supers games. And if it wasn’t, ‘Hitting Someone’ isn’t enough to justify it. (Actually, I think it’s inappropriate for all games, but that’s not germane)

On the good side, though, Drains are stopped only by Power Defense, so you don’t need AP. It probably should be a NND, though.

Scepter: A OAF multipower would be better. Aside from being more efficient, most GMs are very wary about allowing ‘gadget’ ECs. Again, gestures isn’t appropriate, nor is both OIHID and an OIF, generally you get one or the other.

Oh, and I’d suggest getting STR to a multiple of 5 after the armors on, just because I hate dealing with half dice.

Defenses as a whole are still low, as is speed. You’re not fast enough to block and dodge, nor can you take even one average (physical) hit. Combat is going to go:

Phase 12: Hit and stunned

Phase 3: Hit and knocked out.

If you block on phase 12, you might delay being knocked out until phase 5. Or phase 4 if the bad guy has a speed of 6.

Even if they miss with the first attack, they’ll get a second (and possibly a third) more than a phase before you do. This will result in you using your phase 4 action to unstun, and then getting knocked out on phase 5 or 6.

Most of the other stuff still applies, I’m afraid. :)

---

“I’m not Strikeman! I’m the White Hawk! You’ve gotta believe me!â€

Thank you. I'll go back and edit the other two after I go through the HDesigner file. (Coincidently, I haven't found anything that would help me list her non-power Charateristics as well. But I'll look again.) I think I got rid of the Gestures on Taser Fists, though.

I'll up the defenses/speed even further, and consider the other ideas. Oh, and OIHID is basically a workaround for me to justify not having to do two independent writeups. It's purely flavor--I admit to a "Magical Girl Transformation," but at least it doesn't do all the nutty cutscene things like they ususally do.