Names needed

CrosshairCollie

Two characters for the Champions game I plan on running; one villain, one patron/ex-hero.

The villain has the ability to animate images and make them real. He could, for instance, touch a movie poster and the character he touched would step out of it, or a video game character could step out of the screen. They get all the powers and abilities appropriate for their form. As far as his personality goes, he's a colossal game geek (akin to Control Freak from Teen Titans Go, if you watch that). Lots of KS's for games, computers, card games, RPG games, anime, all that jazz.

The patron/ex-hero is a genius/businessman/Tony Stark sort, who created a teleporting battlesuit, with some light weaponry (mostly nonlethal) in it. He was at the Battle of Detroit, along with the other supers trying to defeat Dr. Destroyer. When the Big Blast was about to go off, he might have been able to save most, if not all, of the heroes, or he could definitely save himself. In his panicked state, he escaped alone and, consumed by guilt, retired; he was assumed killed in the blast, and hasn't done anything to discourage that idea. He's gotten some Defense Department contracts and the like, but hasn't shared his teleportation technology with anybody ... so he's well-connected and obscenely wealthy. The only name I can come up with is 'Gateway', but I didn't want to get that confused with the UNTIL space station.

Help? :)

Re: Names needed

I'd make him a movie junkie personally. Then call the villain Free Cell, in reference to his ability to "free" the imagas captured on film. Then give him an Enraged by references to card games ;)

As for the battle armor guy, why not something simple like Lightspeed. Or, depending on how the teleportaton works, something like Uplink, Node or Portal might work.

Your ex-hero is trickier, since apart from the teleporting it's a fairly generic concept - and if it was me I wouldn't want to base the character's public persona just on teleportation. It gives too much information to the enemy: better to leave them in doubt as to exactly what's happening when he appears and disappears like that (Is he becoming invisible? returning to his home dimension? etc.). A misleading name would help with that - something like RIOT GHOST or CONSTABLE OTHER; or even STEALTH MAN, implying (whether true or not) that his battlesuit and vanishing power is somehow connected to or derived from the next generation in the Stealth aircraft programme.

For the villain, how about "General Fiction" or "The Convocator"?

For the ex-hero, how about:

"Rangepanner" <== no Google matches, totally original name

"Shiftranger" <== five Google matches, kind of original

"Spanranger" <== no Google matches, totally original name

"Spanshifter" (no relation to the Canadian jazz band)

"Shiftknight" (apologies to Edsel, but no Google matches)

"Knightspanner" or "Nightspanner" or "Nitespanner"

If I come up with any more, I'll post again.