House rules ideas

I call to your wisdom, my fellow hero-system worshippers.

I try to use 2-3 house rules on some powers and i would like to get some opinion/advice.

1) Clairsentience

I'm thinking about extending the concept of fixed locations from Teleportation to apply them to claisentienc as an easier way to define close circuit TV cameras, or bugs.

(i don't really like the way these concepts are done in the book)

1 fixed location (clairsentience)

5 floating location (clairsentience)

The thing i wonder about is : if a PC has both clairsentience and T-port. will the locations be common or limited to one power?

I mean : shall I use a "only for t-port/clairsentience" limitations on the locations or are they limited to one power basically ?

2) Leaping - Bouncing

I know that even dare to build a bouncing character in Hero System is a call to death stoning but i wonder if it would be possible to add a "bouncing" adder to "Leaping" but i'm unsure about the cost.

Note : the maximum distance is still limited by the amount of hexes in the power.

5 Pts : bouncing and you can bounce as many times as you want during the leap

(the "bounce hexes" have to be defined before the leap). Each bounce needs a attack roll on the targeted hex(DCV 3). each bounce attack roll after the first get a cumulative -2 (thus the range modifier is subject to the distance between the bounce points not the total leap distance)

Problem : the "Accurate" adder makes this really powerful.

5 Pts : to double the number of bounces during the leap (first gives 1 bounce then 2, 4, etc..).

There's still only one attack roll for all the leap.

2-3(?) Pts by bounce. each bounce needs a attack roll at cumulative -2.

any other ideas ?

what should be the best to keep the balance ?

Originally posted by JohnTaber

Re: Bouncing. I THINK this is detailed in the Champions book isn't it? I vaguely remember reading something like this...maybe I'm wrong...

I've checked and i've just found the "Boucing ball set" in the pregenerated powers section. There's no "bouncing concept inside.

Can someone help me for the page ?

Re: House rules ideas

Originally posted by altamaros

The thing i wonder about is : if a PC has both clairsentience and T-port. will the locations be common or limited to one power?

There are actually some new official adders in the UNTIL Superpowers Database for Clairsentience that I think will make you somewhat happy.