Guest Major Tom

Guest Major Tom

I see in the section about creating Empryean characters in Hidden Lands

that Empyrean/human hybrids are possible. What I'd like to know is, what

about an Atlantean/Empyrean hybrid? Is there any reason why such a

character couldn't be created?

I'm asking because it occurred to me that, as old as both offshoots of human-

ity are in the CU background history, that at some point in time represent-

atives of both cultures would have met one another at least once or twice.

Assuming that said meeting wasn't a major disaster, sooner or later a man

from one culture and a woman from the other would meet, find themselves

attracted to one another, and human nature being what it is, well... you

get the idea.

Major Tom :D

Re: Question about character creation for Hidden Lands

Just thought of this' date=' with the 'ancients' out in space, there could be Half Perseid (or other alien race)/Half Empyean characters.[/quote']

In my version of the CU, the Progenitors experimented on many primitive sentient races on many worlds, and several of those experiments resulted in "Empyreans" from those races. On some worlds they remain in hidden enclaves as on Earth. In a few cases the Empyreans came to dominate their worlds, as tyrants or benefactors - the "psionic" Mandaarians are one example of this. Elsewhere the Empyrean races died out or were killed by their less powerful but more numerous kin (Malvan Empyreans perished fighting the Elder Worms many millennia ago).

In most cases the first generation Empyreans left their worlds to seek out their creators. Meeting each other over time, these diverse immortals have gradually gathered on their own world, "Amaranth," which they have hidden from the rest of the galaxy. New generations have been born, and given the technology that these Empyreans have access to, cross-species breeding has not been an insurmountable challenge.

Just thought of this' date=' with the 'ancients' out in space, there could be Half Perseid (or other alien race)/Half Empyean characters.[/quote']

Aw now that's just crazy talk!

I kid. I'm a kidder. Margo's my sister.

In my version of the CU, the Progenitors experimented on many primitive sentient races on many worlds, and several of those experiments resulted in "Empyreans" from those races. On some worlds they remain in hidden enclaves as on Earth. In a few cases the Empyreans came to dominate their worlds, as tyrants or benefactors - the "psionic" Mandaarians are one example of this. Elsewhere the Empyrean races died out or were killed by their less powerful but more numerous kin (Malvan Empyreans perished fighting the Elder Worms many millennia ago).

In most cases the first generation Empyreans left their worlds to seek out their creators. Meeting each other over time, these diverse immortals have gradually gathered on their own world, "Amaranth," which they have hidden from the rest of the galaxy. New generations have been born, and given the technology that these Empyreans have access to, cross-species breeding has not been an insurmountable challenge.

I like it. *swipe*

Where did it go?

:eg:

So if you were to have a half-Atlantean / half-Empyrean, would you just give it both packages from HL, or water both down a bit and make a new hybrid package?

It seems that the common comic answer is to take both. Most half-breeds in comics have the best of both, rather than half of each.