The Munchkin Build Contest

Furry Fox

Re: The Munchkin Build Contest

Being mean:

0 Def 1d6 Entangle, AoE 1 Hex +1/2, Auto Fire 10x +1, 0 END +1, BOECV +1, Ego not Str +1/4, Transparent +1/4 (Active Cost 50) Limitations to taste, hits against ECV 3, all entangles stack, yield 0 Def, 9-11 Bdy Entangle. (Active Cost 50) Add in No Def -1 1/2, no barriers -1/4, (Real cost 18)

Advantages over the Mind Control variant

1) No breakout roll

2) Mental Defense doesn't effect it

Disadvantages:

1) a friendly Egoist could break it from the outside.

General Point: Autofire + Cumulative Effect, usually broken

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An effective one that I actually like for certain "Dark" characters

1" Radius Darkness to Sight, Personal Immunity +1/4, 0 End +1/2, no range -1/2. (Active 35, Real 23)

Combined with 360 sight 5

Essentially puts most folks at 1/2 DCV against your attacks, and halves their OCV or worse against you.

Being mean:

0 Def 1d6 Entangle, AoE 1 Hex +1/2, Auto Fire 10x +1, 0 END +1, BOECV +1, Ego not Str +1/4, Transparent +1/4 (Active Cost 50) Limitations to taste, hits against ECV 3, all entangles stack, yield 0 Def, 9-11 Bdy Entangle. (Active Cost 50) Add in No Def -1 1/2, no barriers -1/4, (Real cost 18)

Advantages over the Mind Control variant

1) No breakout roll

2) Mental Defense doesn't effect it

Disadvantages:

1) a friendly Egoist could break it from the outside.

General Point: Autofire + Cumulative Effect, usually broken

Ok I have to admit it. That is a wonderful Idea. I do like it.

Another idea for trapping someone Cartoon Style.

1'' Teleportation

With Area of affect: One Hex (+1/2)

Continuous (+1)

Usable as an attack (+1)

No end Cost (+1/2)

Ranged (+1/2)

Limitations:

Gate (-1/2)

This is 9 Real points and 6 Active.

The Special FX of this is that you open a teleportation gate-way below the enemy and above the enemy. Causing the enemy to fall though the gate and then fall out of it essentially where he was but now with velocity, and continues to fall and be teleported though the gate until he hits terminal speed. If you are worried about the character catching himself on the edges of the ring then just buy it as "area of effect Radius making it a 3'' Diameter ring.

Advantage over entangle:

1.) Works on mentalist and bricks equally well.

2.) Later on you can stop the power and the guy hits the ground at terminal speeds.(adds a nice damage value)

3.) cost

4.)This will also let you(if GM allows) let you/your teem walk though walls. But it fringes on Tunneling and may not be allowed.

5.) There are a million and one little trix that this can do that I would be willing to list if anyone wants to know. :D

Dis-ads compared to entangle

1.) Doesn't work on fliers, at least as a means to tie them up.(neither options work on Teleporters)

La Rose.

The Special FX of this is that you open a teleportation gate way below the enemy and above the enemy. Causing the enemy to fall though the gate and then fall out of it essentially where he was but now with velocity' date=' and continues to fall and be teleported though the gate until he hits terminal speed.[/quote']

This idea has been discussed before, if you want to search the forums for it ;)

h

It's also for Damage Reduction (limited SFX)' date=' Images (-1 for the single), and - wait for it - Mind Control (only allows a single command) ;)[/quote']

ahh, I just went to the index to look up set effect and it listed it in the entangles so I didn't bother looking it up anywhere else since it wasn't what I was looking for. But that is what I am referring to then.

La Rose

I stand in awe of the Big-Foot Bunny,

My own humble contribution:

Gribblies:

The same "Dark" character calls forth from the Netherworld a horde of imps to impede his foes. They are too small to really damage anything, but by sheer weight of numbers they help the Dark One overcome his foes.

Piling on the Hordes of Darkness:

1 Def, 1 d6 Entangle, AoE 4" Can't be escaped by TP +1/4, Affects Desolid +1/2, Personal Immunity + 1/4, Radius +1, Constant +1, 0 End + 1, Auto Fire x10 +1, No Range -1/2, No Defense -1 1/2, no barriers -1/4; [Active Cost 60 Real Cost 18]

Everyone in a 4" Radius is stuck in a 0 Def, 9-11 Body Entangle, that increases by 10 Body every attacker's Phase.

Combined with:

Telekensis 26 Str (Active cost 39), affects whole object -1/4, only to bring objects closer to character -1/2, Limited Range 12" -1/4. (Real Cost 20).

Combine with High Speed, Flight and a transparent attack like Ego Blast, Drain, NND, etc. [or really go for broke and add it to the entangle, but I'm assuming an Active Point Cap of 60].

This is one I am stealing from the good Dr.

Fine Red Mist:

RKA 1 point, MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), 125 Charges (+3/4), Autofire (160 shots; +4), Penetrating (x9; +4 1/2) (57 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)

also buy one point of Damage Resistance with Hardened 9times.

Using a variant rule about how missed shots spread out over the area of possible effect based on the range of the attack, but lacking range, even if you miss using this attack all your shots will still hit the area because of the lack of range even the missed shots hit the area.

so unless something has 9levels of hardened defenses withing a one kilometer area of you. It will take 125 points of body damage.

La Rose

Planet Buster:

RKA 1 point, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), 2000 Charges (+1), MegaScale (1" = 10,000 km; +1 1/4), Penetrating (x9; +4 1/2), Autofire (2560 shots; +6) (74 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)

Take 2000 body damage planet Earth. All in less than 75 active points.

Psychic Scream

1d6 Ego Blast, AoE 6" Cone +1, 0 End +1, Auto Fire x10 +2, Armor Piercing + 1/2, Penetrating + 1/2, Visible -1/4, no range - 1/2, No effect on the deaf -1/4, incantations -1/4, delayed phase -1/4, full phase -1/2 (Active Cost 60, Real Cost 20)

The Army of Me

Duplication of 250 base character 32x duplicates (Active Cost 75); full phase -1/2, costs end -1/2. Real Cost 38.

It takes 31 phases (considerably less than that if your duplicates are allowed to duplicate) but 212 pt. characters can be quite effective in a 250 pt. cap game.

breath of decay

RKA 1 point, NND ([Flash D for Smell/Taste]; +1), Does BODY (+1), Area Of Effect (7" Cone; +1 1/4) (21 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)

"Phew, That is some Rancid breath!"

La Rose

better apply personnal Immunity, or you'll kill yourself

• 2 weeks later...

Start with a Variable Power Pool, and let it be Cosmic.

Limit it with everything you can think of. Drive down the cost with all those Limitations.

After the GM lets it through, take a Transform power and use it to remove those Limitations.

Actually' date='I didn't think itwas possible to use Transform on yourself so here's a workaround:Purchase either an A.I.,Base,Follower or Vehicle[/quote']

I thought the prohibition against using Transform on yourself was specifically for, well, yourself. That's why using Shapeshift or Multiform, instead, is recommended. But if you're only using it on a single one of your own powers (albeit, perhaps, your only power :D), and leaving the rest of yourself intact, neither of those powers seem most appropriate. You're not changing how your body is perceived by senses, and a Transform (like a VPP) would be the most flexible means of accomplishing the effect.

Ideally, you didn't take "Self Only" on the power, thus leaving room for the GM to assume that you planned to use it on others. It's all about being sneaky ;)

Instead of making it an AI or Base or Vehicle, couldn't you achieve roughly the same "distancing" by making it a Focus?

Although . . . the 1:5 ratio on points there would probably be more cost-effective than a Focus, especially after all the other Limitations were added :)