mental Invisibility

Grond

I would like to create a Mental Invisibility that makes me invisible to a single target. Apart from the +20 effct (major change, thinks change as real after effect fades), and Self Only lim., can I buy some extra limitation, if I don't want to use Mental Illusions for other effects? I would like MI to only make me invisible, would that make a -1 limitation becouse it's for a single-purpose only?...

Also I have a problem with another Stealth power: I would like it to make me invisible to both sight and hearning, but using different limitations for each Invisibility, should it pay them 20 (for sight) and 10 (for hearing) as described below

18 Psionic Stealth: Invisibility to Sight Group; Requires a Stealth Roll (-½), Only Works in Shadows Or Darkness (-½), Psionic (- ½) and Invisibility to Hearing Group; Requires a Stealth Roll (-½), Psionic (-½) [2+2]

Or should I but the Invisibility to Hearing Group for 5 points? I cannot apply the Only Works in Shadows Or Darkness limitation to the hearing invisibility, but it will costs me much more if I buy it separately...?

Re: mental Invisibility

Mental illusions: level of effect may vary. If you are just walking by and don't get noticed then you might just need EGO (although I agree you need EGO+20 to 'actually' disappear), if you are attacking and damaging you WILL need Ego+30, but at that level they won't even realise they are taking damage from you.

:) 'self only' (invisibility to self - an exestential crisis power) is -1. Single target at any one time probably worth -1/2, set effect -1/2.

I would be a little wary of this construct as it is trespassing on 'invisibility' and, if you are buying invisibilty as well i would be concerned that this is to simply overcome the enhanced senses opponent as acheaper way that buying invisibilty for all senses. Still that is up to you, your GM and your conscience :)

As tot he actual invisibilty question I'd buy it as a single pwer with different limits on different bits. Not sure why you need to be in shadows for psionic invisibilty but that is a matter for you :D

For the first part why not buy Invisible:Mental Group; 1 Target At A Time.

As for the second power, Sean has it - Partially Limited Power. Different parts are limited differently. I don't think Hero Designer handles partially limited powers though, haven't tried myself.

Mental Group? Eh? He wants to be actually invisible to a single target' date=' not untargettable by Mind Scan/invisible to Mental Awareness or whatever. Those are two completely different things. [i']Completely![/i] :foams at the mouth: :D

Ah, my bad - misread the request. See what I get for posting when sick... :o

Why is it that the limitation which keeps popping to mind is OAF - Towel?

As Sean mentioned, you're trespassing on the realm of Invisibility really hard here and were this being done in my campaign I'd be ruling that you should be using Invisibility and just defining your sfx. That said, if your psionics require a skill roll, then you could certainly make it require the same skill roll.

As for the Psionic Stealth power, is there a reason you're not just building this as linked powers? I find that much more appropriate, particularly when you're talking different limitations on different powers.

I would like to create a Mental Invisibility that makes me invisible to a single target. Apart from the +20 effct (major change' date=' thinks change as real after effect fades), and Self Only lim., can I buy some extra limitation, if I don't want to use Mental Illusions for other effects? I would like MI to only make me invisible, would that make a -1 limitation becouse it's for a single-purpose only?...[/quote']

Do you want to make this invisibility power a 'screw you, you can't see me' power that makes you dissappear to all senses, including those you (or your character) don't know exist? Or is it a more standard 'I erase myself from his sensory perceptions using my telepathic powers' type of invis?

For the former, you will need mental illusions as you described, and you will need to get +40 most of the time (+20 from major changes, and another +20 to make them think it was real after they breakout). You said as much, but I wanted to restate it because I'm not sure from your post if you are aware that the +20 modifiers are cumulative.

If it is the latter type of invisibility, I would suggest buying the Invisibility power to Sight, Hearing, Smell/Taste, and possibly Touch and/or Mental groups - and slap a limitation on their to represent that it is psionic. Like requires a skill roll Ego vs. Ego, Psionics vs. Ego, or even Doesn't work against targets with Mental Defense. Also being invisible to only one person at a time is a limitation, especially if you have to spend a 1/2 phase and/or make an ECV roll to 'target' them.

Also I have a problem with another Stealth power: I would like it to make me invisible to both sight and hearning, but using different limitations for each Invisibility, should it pay them 20 (for sight) and 10 (for hearing) as described below

18 Psionic Stealth: Invisibility to Sight Group; Requires a Stealth Roll (-½), Only Works in Shadows Or Darkness (-½), Psionic (- ½) and Invisibility to Hearing Group; Requires a Stealth Roll (-½), Psionic (-½) [2+2]

Or should I but the Invisibility to Hearing Group for 5 points? I cannot apply the Only Works in Shadows Or Darkness limitation to the hearing invisibility, but it will costs me much more if I buy it separately...?

I think this power looks fine the way it is, especially if you want to be able to be Invis to hearing outside of darkness and shadows and/or invis to sight when you fail your stealth roll. There is no reason you cannot apply the Only in Shadows/Darkness limitation to the Invis to hearing, if you bought it as one power.

you could modify this power:

Too Common To Notice (Psychic Invisibility): Invisibility to Sight, Hearing and Mental Groups, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) ; May Be Noticed With An Ego Roll (PER mods apply) (-1/2), Only Works Against Sentient Persons Character Is Aware Of (-1/2)

Change Only Works Against Sentient Persons Character Is Aware Of (-1/2) to Only Works Against Single Sentient Persons Character Is Aware Of (-1 1/2), and you would probably have a good start?