VIPER's Draysha boosted stats...

SirViss

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I posted last, but my Millenium City is picking up again and I need some help.

I'm planning to have some Draysha Agents from VIPER: Coils of the Serpent ambush the team. I'm just confused as to how their powers work.

This is what I posted to Steve:

I just want something clarified: The Draysha package deal (VIPER:CotS, p.62) has an Aid to "all Characteristics except COM simultaneously". The descriptive text on p.63 says "This transformation lasts as long as the Aid to their Primary Characteristics remains in effect;..."

Is the Aid only supposed to apply to the Primary Charactersitics?

Even then, you have to say that (a max of) +24 to INT and PRE... wow! :ugly:

I didn't go into the fact that if it is ALL Characteritics (except COM), a max of +24 PD/ED is rather scary, concidering they would also get +12 to their CON. Add +2 SPD, and VIPER would not even need a Dragon Branch anymore!

I was wondering if anyone else has used any Draysha VIPER Agents in their campaign, and did you modified them? If so, how? If you haven't used them, how would you change them?

(Of course, this assumes that you have access to the VIPER book. If you don't, go get it!) :D

Re: VIPER's Draysha boosted stats...

I have access to the VIPER book - looking at it now, in fact. I haven't run the Draysha, but I'll offer what observations I can.

I don't know which of the Characteristic boosting descriptions is accurate, and there's no official errata for VIPER. I will point out, though, that Adjustment Powers have only half effect vs Defenses, so if the Drayshas' PD and ED are in fact being boosted, they would only gain a maximum +12 bonus, not +24.

Presuming there's no Lim that prevents the Primaries from having Figureds (and' date=' of course, that it wasn't only feeding into the Primaries) you could get the boost from STR and CON as well as from PD and ED.[/quote']

Adjusting a Primary Characteristic doesn't affect any Figured Characteristics derived from it.

Adjusting a Primary Characteristic doesn't affect any Figured Characteristics derived from it.

-pouts- But it ought, in certain situations. I mean, I see that making me stronger (able to lift more) shouldn't have any effect on my durability or ability to recover from a hit. OTOH, it really shouldn't affect my ability to hit. But if you increase my overall Strength, I think everything else should come along for the ride.

Hmm, maybe an Adder or Advantage that would give you the Figured bits. Heck, does that mean if you Aid/Succor DEX, you don't get OCV and DCV?

-pouts- But it ought, in certain situations. I mean, I see that making me stronger (able to lift more) shouldn't have any effect on my durability or ability to recover from a hit. OTOH, it really shouldn't affect my ability to hit. But if you increase my overall Strength, I think everything else should come along for the ride.

Hmm, maybe an Adder or Advantage that would give you the Figured bits. Heck, does that mean if you Aid/Succor DEX, you don't get OCV and DCV?

If you take a massive injection of adrenaline you'll get strong but certainly not more durable, so from that standpoint I'd just think of the aid as if it were like super-adrenalin. If you want the benefit of both primary and figured characteristics don't buy the power as an aid, but it as characteristics.

As for DEX and OCV/DCV, those things aren't characteristics.

Guest WhammeWhamme

DEX grants OCV and DCV. Figured Characteristics are 6 very specific things.

And if you want to add figureds with aid: Take the +2 advantage, eh?