Dr. Destroyer monologue

hawkfu

Hello,

I seem to remember a monologue by Dr. Destroyer broadcast in the beginning of one of the early adventures where he spoke to the world before unleashing some kind of global threat. I remember it being a great monologue, but I can't remember what supplement it was in. I thought it was Island of Destroyer, but I dug that out and it wasn't. I'm introducing Destroyer into my campaign and really want a great introduction monologue to kick it off. Super intelligent megalomaniacs are smarter than me and I'm not sure what he should say. Anyone remember the monologue I'm referring to?

Thanks,

Hawkfu

Re: Dr. Destroyer monologue

Could it be the Big Broadcast from the adventure Day of the Destroyer?

Yes! That was the book. I used to have that, like, 100 years ago. Anyone still have that book willing to send me (or post) that monologue? (assuming it's not too long)

Hawkfu

Somehow, the first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this one was the image of Dr Destroyer doing observational humor like at the beginning of Seinfeld.

Hmm. 'Zerstoiten', a show about nothing. Imagine, Dr D & a few of his lackies hanging around his New York apartment among other places making bizarre pronouncements, avoiding anything productive and fueding with his neighbor, Takophanes in the role of Neuman.

Well, I'd watch it anyway.

Yes! That was the book. I used to have that, like, 100 years ago. Anyone still have that book willing to send me (or post) that monologue? (assuming it's not too long)

Hawkfu

Eh. I looked on the booksheld but didn't see it immediately. I know its in there someplace, I mean I've got every pre-FREd everything except Wings of the Valkyrie.

Has anyone created their own Dr.Destroyer monologue they're willing to post here? They need that in Villainy Amok 2, example dialogues for egotisitcal villains. I guess Googling the speaches of some of history's tyrrants would help, but who wants to get into trouble with the NSA?