UNOFFICIAL: Spacer's Toolkit 2

BobGreenwade

Re: UNOFFICIAL: Spacer's Toolkit 2

Actually' date=' my favorite idea would be a Terran Empire/Galactic Federation ship recognition guide, and would include practical rules for one on one and fleet combat.:thumbup:[/quote']

Ship-to-ship and fleet combat are something I've always looked for in a SF game. Still looking. :)

Bob, I like what you have posted on the on-line Spacers Toolkit, its a great idea to expand beyond just weapons and defenses and also go into personal tech and forensic tech as well as non-lethal weapons. I think those are great ideas and help expand the universe. Also I like your ideas for the alien unique weapons and having a published book would be great for getting them illustrated.

Ship-to-ship and fleet combat are something I've always looked for in a SF game. Still looking. :)
What' date=' the stuff in SH and TUV isn't adequate? :confused:
Bob, I like what you have posted on the on-line Spacers Toolkit, its a great idea to expand beyond just weapons and defenses and also go into personal tech and forensic tech as well as non-lethal weapons. I think those are great ideas and help expand the universe. Also I like your ideas for the alien unique weapons and having a published book would be great for getting them illustrated.
All of the stuff I've sent Ben for STKO (including some that he hasn't posted yet) is in my manuscript, and most of the rest is just more of the same. (And, like I say, lots and lots of cyber stuff.)

Marvelous! Wonderrful news.

Now, get writing. ;)

Oh, there's plenty of writing already done. And I'm constantly adding stuff.

What needs to be done is for people to convince Steve that you really want to see this manuscript in print. It'll be an uphill battle, though I don't imagine it'll be completely impossible....

whats the best way of convincing steve about this?, I already own everything for Star Hero so I cant really vote with my wallet, I really really want Worlds of Empire when it comes out, I've been pushing folks to at least try Star Hero, and i know Traveller Hero itself has sparked some cross system interest from the Traveller crowd, what else can we do to spark interest in Star Hero products in general?

whats the best way of convincing steve about this?' date=' I already own everything for Star Hero so I cant really vote with my wallet, I really really want Worlds of Empire when it comes out, I've been pushing folks to at least try Star Hero, and i know Traveller Hero itself has sparked some cross system interest from the Traveller crowd, what else can we do to spark interest in Star Hero products in general?[/quote']

I'm not sure what can be done. Besides the relatively low sales for SH supplements other than the genre book itself, Steve's also made statements about the troubles in working with freelancers (and without going into too much detail I'm probably the worst offender to date). Maybe if someone were to offer to underwrite the costs, that might work, but I really don't expect that Steve will be announcing it this weekend for next year's schedule.