Suggestions on 'Cosmic-type' build

Starlord

I want to do a write-up for 'Cosmic-type' character Northstar. Northstar is sort of a combination between Superman/Ultra Boy/Silver Surfer. His normal stats will basically make him Superman 'lite' but he also has partial control over the vast Cosmic Energy contained in his body.

I want him to be able buff his STR, DEX, CON, & SPD, create a force field, fire cosmic blasts from his eyes, fly, heal himself, and heal others (all at once if necessary). Should I try this as a multipower or as a limited VPP? If the VPP, what type of limitation should it be? Suggestions (or even full writeups) are appreciated. :)

Re: Suggestions on 'Cosmic-type' build

Everything will be your friend...

Multipower Pools for Offensive Powers, unless he can use multiple attacks at once.

Elemental Controls for continuing effects like Flight, Force Fields, etc...

VPPs if you want a suite of alterable Powers depending on the situation

And just plain buying stuff strait out.

High base stats.

EC for Flight, Force Field, Regeneration, and Density Increase (serves as first stat boost).

Multipower for Eye Blasts, Stat Boosts, Healing others.

Dmage Reduction, Life Support and other powers outside of the EC, though possibly linked to the FF if it fits your concept.

350 point version will be tight but possible, 700+ point version is an easy build.

Everything will be your friend...

Multipower Pools for Offensive Powers, unless he can use multiple attacks at once.

Elemental Controls for continuing effects like Flight, Force Fields, etc...

VPPs if you want a suite of alterable Powers depending on the situation

And just plain buying stuff strait out.

That had occurred to me. I'm having a particularly difficult time figuring out how to work the characteristic-buffing as sometimes he'll use a partial STR buff, partial DEX buff, etc. at the same time and all these powers need to come from the same 'pool' of energy.

I've been writing and using HERO books as reference and idea factories more than in-depth playing in the last few years (only play very simple Champions games because the wife and youngest son aren't very knowledgeable nor do they want to be) so I'm admittedly out-of-touch ruleswise. Heck, I'm just doing character builds as an exercise to flesh-out powers for the writing I'm doing.

High base stats.

EC for Flight, Force Field, Regeneration, and Density Increase (serves as first stat boost).

Multipower for Eye Blasts, Stat Boosts, Healing others.

Dmage Reduction, Life Support and other powers outside of the EC, though possibly linked to the FF if it fits your concept.

350 point version will be tight but possible, 700+ point version is an easy build.

I don't have to fit the character into a point limit and he is meant to be a high-powered yet inexperienced character. Raw power-wise he'll be the most dangerous member of my world's JLA/Avengers team the Vanguard. I had assumed he'd be 500+ points, but I'd at least like to build him somewhat efficiently.

I don't have to fit the character into a point limit and he is meant to be a high-powered yet inexperienced character. Raw power-wise he'll be the most dangerous member of my world's JLA/Avengers team the Vanguard. I had assumed he'd be 500+ points' date=' but I'd at least like to build him somewhat efficiently.[/quote']

Everyplace where you see "Magic", just replace with the word "Cosmic". You might want to go with 3/4 Damage reduction and drop some of the MP Slots and increased END. Other changes to taste. :)

LEGEND

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

60/100 STR 50 21- / 29- Lift 102.4tons/26.2ktons; 12d6/20d6 [6/10]

29 DEX 57 15- OCV: 10/DCV: 10

43 CON 66 18-

20 BODY 20 13-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 13-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

25 PRE 15 14- PRE Attack: 5d6

20 COM 5 13-

12/35 PD 0 Total: 12/35 PD (0/15 rPD)

9/32 ED 0 Total: 9/32 ED (0/15 rED)

6 SPD 21 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

21 REC 0

86 END 0

72 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 250

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 20"/40"

Leaping: 12"/24"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

60 Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: Multipower, 120-point reserve, (120 Active Points); all slots Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1)

6u 1) Blazing Eyes of Divine Fire: Energy Blast 24d6 (120 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1) 36

5u 2) There is Power In His Hands: Hand-To-Hand Attack +8d6, Variable Advantage (+1 Advantages; +2) (120 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 36

Notes: The legend can achieve truly remarkable things by directing his magic into his hands.

6u 3) To Stand Unharmed at the Heart of a Star: Desolidification (affected by Magic), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +2) (120 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1) 36

Notes: The Legend assumes a form of pure magic, untouchable by most forms of matter and energy. This change is entirely invisible.

6u 4) Breath of Truth: Dispel 20d6, any Magic power one at a time (+1/4), Cumulative (240 points; +3/4) (120 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1) 36

1u 5) Touch of The Earth: Major Transform 1d6 (Sick Person into Well Person, "healed" by re-infection) (15 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1) 3

4u 6) Touch of The Earth II: Healing Any Characteristic 6d6, any Characteristic one at a time (+1/4) (75 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1) 21

6u 7) We Can Be More: Succor 19d6 (standard effect: 57 points), any Characteristic one at a time (+1/4) (119 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1) 36

Notes: The legend may draw upon his will and magic to greatly exceed himself in any task, though only briefly, and may extend this gift to others.

26 I Have Within Me Blood of Kings: Life Support (Eating Character only has to eat once per week; Longevity Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

17 Will of Iron: Mental Defense (20 points total)

19 Will of Iron II: Power Defense (15 points), Hardened (+1/4) (19 Active Points)

10 Will of Iron III: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only to Defend against PRE attacks; -1)

5 Will of Iron IV: Damage Resistance (10 Mental Def.)

75 Eyes of Perfect Clarity: (Total: 75 Active Cost, 75 Real Cost) N-Ray Perception (Sight Group) (Real Cost: 10) plus Nightvision (Real Cost: 5) plus Detect A Large Class Of Things (Magic, Auras, The Supernatural) 13- (Sight Group), Discriminatory, Analyze (Real Cost: 20) plus +10 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group (Real Cost: 15) plus Rapid (x100) ( x100) with Sight Group (Real Cost: 10) plus Sight Group Flash Defense (12 points), Hardened (+1/4) (15 Active Points) (Real Cost: 15)

Notes: The Legend's Eyes wil change most profoundly as he develops, gainng the power to see vast distances, assess information with incredible speed, and achieving near immunity from blinding effects, all without effort on his part.

30 Legendary Aura: Elemental Control, 60-point powers

30 1) Steel Hard Skin Forged in the Fires of Creation Itself: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (60 Active Points)

Notes: In many ways this is the heart of Legend's physical power; it is Legend's Force Field that permits him to fly, to lift incredible weights, and to stabilize himself by drawing upon the power of the Earth.

30 2) The Might of the Titans of Old: Density Increase (25,600 kg mass, +40 STR, +8 PD/ED, -8" KB), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points)

30 3) Speed of The Messenger: Flight 20", Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages; Used for Reduced End, Megascale, and other Flight Options; +1/2) (60 Active Points) 6

14 4) To Draw Upon The Very Power Of The Earth Itself!: Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

Notes: Even apparent death will not end a Legend; his force field will draw him back into the world.

Legendary Aura II, all slots Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Part of FF, Drained as part of FF EC; -1/2)

20 1) Through Fire and Storm: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Part of FF, Drained as part of FF EC; -1/2)

20 2) Through Blood And Blades: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Part of FF, Drained as part of FF EC; -1/2)

20 3) I Shall Not Yield: Mental Damage Reduction, 50% (30 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Part of FF, Drained as part of FF EC; -1/2)

Perks

9 Reputation: The Legend (A large group) 14-, +3/+3d6

18 Contact: Friends and Allies throughout the Mystic World (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (18 Active Points) 11-

Talents

3 Bump Of Direction

Skills

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Arcane And Occult Lore (3 Active Points) 13-

2 2) KS: Demon Lore (3 Active Points) 13-

2 3) KS: Legends And Lore (3 Active Points) 13-

1 4) KS: Occult History (2 Active Points) 11-

2 5) KS: Places of Mystery (3 Active Points) 13-

2 6) KS: The Mystic World (3 Active Points) 13-

2 7) KS: The Superhuman World (3 Active Points) 13-

2 8) KS: Undead Lore (3 Active Points) 13-

3 Deduction 13-

3 Persuasion 14-

3 Oratory 14-

3 Power: Magic Skill 13-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 500

Total Cost: 750

200+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Mystical Aura, Divine Magic (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

15 Social Limitation: Public Identity Frequently (11-), Major

10 Reputation: Magical Metahuman Demon Fighter, 11-

15 Psychological Limitation: Protect the Weak Against the Evil Strong (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Speak The Truth and Act With Honor, Deception Is For Lesser Men (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Turn Not Away From Evil, Nor From A Worthy Cause (Common, Strong)

20 Hunted: Demon 8- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: The Crowns 8- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: The Council 11- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

15 Hunted: His Father 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

400 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 750

Background/History: Gwen Westlake rocked, and wept, the infant cradled to her breast. Arthur spoke to her, desperate, angry, half-mad.

“Gwen, please, give me the baby.”

“He wants his mommy Arthur! He wants his mommy!” The pain in Gwen’s voice cut into her husband. He held out his arms, trying, gently, to take the body of his dead child from her.

Time seemed to stop.

In a place on no map drawn by human hand, a being out of legend looked down upon his half-mortal son. The child’s mother had not survived, and no child of mortal woman born could hope to thrive in this place. The being reached out, and found a single teardrop moment of time. He placed his son within the tear, and let him fall away.

Time rushed forward, and in Arthur’s arms the child opened wide sapphire eyes and began to wail.

Five years later, in Central Park, NY, an old Japanese man gently held the shoulders of a perfect young boy, and looked into strange sapphire eyes. The old man spoke to the boy’s father.

“Who told you of us?”

“We … we didn’t know what to do. Jack is a wonderful child, but we can’t control him! He’s so strong, and he can do things that no one should be able to do. I read about you, and I begged until I got a meeting with the Sentinels. They told me how to find you. Please, can you help?”

The old man smiled. “I will teach your son.”

Twenty years later, in an alleyway in Haven, Ohio, a woman screamed. The Demon-Bound smiled wide. It loved to hear them scream. It moved forward, treasuring the terror in the woman’s eyes. It was surprised when hands, iron hard, grabbed its bat-like wings, and more surprised when they were torn away. The Demon-Bound’s last sight was a pair of sapphire eyes and a flash of white-hot fire.

Two years ago a young mother sat with her daughter, smiling, as the news showed a glowing man fighting a monster. Her daughter could not take her eyes from the screen.

“Is that him? Is that the Legend?”

“Yes honey, yes it is.”

“Tell me again. Tell me how he saved you.”

Since his debut as a Hero, Legend has served as an agent of both The Circle and the Council, as well as seeking out and opposing Supernatural Evil on his own. Both Demon and The Crowns of Krym have become regular opponents.

Personality/Motivation: Jack Westlake is surprisingly cheerful, friendly, reverent, kind, and not nearly as mad as people might expect. His childhood was not easy, and his apprenticeship under The Master was often painful. Still, growing up within the Circle taught Jack more of the world of magic than most men would ever know, and gave him hints as to the truth behind his own powers. He lives by a heroic code that seems to be part of him at almost a genetic level. He does not lie, steal, break his freely given word, or turn his back on those in need. Jack earns a reasonable living from rewards for those criminals he is able to capture and from using his powers to perform contract services. Jack does not maintain a secret identity, as his almost compulsive honesty would make such a thing impossible. Rather than attempt to lie, Jack will simply remain silent when pressed on issues about which he does not wish to speak.

Quote: “You’re welcome. I’m glad I could help.”

Powers/Tactics: The Magic of the Land of Legends burns in Jack Westlake’s body, and may be released for a wide variety of effects. He has mastered the secrets of Flight (both fairly slow and highly maneuverable air-walking and supersonic straight line bursts that can take him anywhere in the world in minutes), bolstering the power of his own body, healing himself and others, seeing that which others never see, releasing blasts of powerful Divine Magic, and assuming a near-indestructible ghost-like form. He has even demonstrated the ability to “blow out” the magic of others like a man blowing out a candle. Against most foes he will fight much like a standard brick, moving in and pounding away; against magically powerful but physically weak foes he will use the Power of Hope to bolster his mental and spiritual defenses and then move in. If a powerful magical foe is occupied, he might spend a few phases attempting to dispel their most obvious powers. Jack may also attempt Power Tricks using his limited magic skill. Jack is a Hero, but he lacks a code versus killing; he would never kill a foe whom he believed could be reformed or contained, but some forms of madness are too deep to heal.

Campaign Use: Superman, in a watered down form and with the serial numbers filed off. This is a Galactic Class version of The Legend, far more powerful than the 350 point version but still not as powerful as the Silver Age Superman. This version of Legend has added the ability to inspire others to feats of greatness, and to perform such feats himself. He is also much, much harder to hurt, and can fight for far longer. Overall, a very powerful foe of Evil.

Character by Robert Dorf

Everyplace where you see "Magic", just replace with the word "Cosmic". You might want to go with 3/4 Damage reduction and drop some of the MP Slots and increased END. Other changes to taste. :)

The Legend *snip*

Thanks, dude. :thumbup: Rep for you when I'm able (Rep reserve currently depleted).

This is meant to be a rather powerful, yet inexperienced cosmic-level character. The core power concept is that he is a powerful psionic who summons a superhuman form psychokinetic construct to wrap himself in (similar to Ultraverse's Prime). Outside of his OIHID, he still is somehow at the peak of human potential. As such, powers have a psionic slant, but you can easily rework it to a more "cosmic" feeling (e.g. drop the Will and Knock Out preconditions on the OIHID, and substitute it with a "Only Works in the presence of solar/stellar emissions", or drop the OIHID entirely, which should raise the cost of another 100-120 pts or so, maybe add a Cosmic Awareness Sense type).

EDIT: I've slightly rewritten the powerset, adding some healing ability for the non-superhuman form, a budding Cosmic-Awareness-type sense, and a Cosmic-slanted Vulnerability, as well as a "solar battery" lim for the OIHID. This version is written for a character working for the government in an Avengers/Ultimates government-sanctioned supergroup, but can be easily rewritten to make it non-sanctioned by varying the Disadvantages and dropping the Perks. I think you can easily rework the build to fit the Superman/Silver Surfer niche in a cosmic-level group. I've not yet come to writing down the background (owning to my modest English skills), but I envision the character as some kind of nerdish college-age youth who has recently erupted into an overconfident easygoing edonist, thanks to superpowers. Origin may equally be either natural mutation, or genetic engineering purposeful experimentation (maybe even cloning a deceased superhero, a la Superboy*), which make him able to harness the power of the mind (and the energy of the cosmos) to reach cosmic-level heights of power in the brick/energy control/telekinetic areas (with a slight whiff of speedster and metamoroh). Inspiration are the classic DC/Marvel cosmic hybrid archetypes: Superman, Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thanos, Warlock, revisited in an Iron Age sensibility: e.g. Supreme Power's Hyperion, Invincible, or modern Superboy.

*In such a case, the build should include these optional powers and "Manciurian Candidate" Disadvantages:

They Can Clone Me: Duplication (creates 837-point form), Cannot Recombine (+0) (168 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Month, -5), OAF Immobile Fragile (-2 1/4), No Conscious Control (Only Activation cannot be controlled; -1)

Psychological Limitation: Will Not Harm Creator (Uncommon, Total)

Psychological Limitation: Must Obey and Protect Creator (Uncommon, Strong)

Separate post because of length

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20/80 STR 10 13- / 25- Lift 400.0kg/1.6ktons; 4d6/16d6 [2/5]

20/30 DEX 30 13- / 15- OCV: 7/10/DCV: 7/10

20/35 CON 20 13- / 16-

15/23 BODY 10 12- / 14-

20 INT 10 13- PER Roll 17-

20/30 EGO 0 13- / 15- ECV: 7/10

20/30 PRE 0 13- / 15- PRE Attack: 4d6/6d6

20 COM 5 13-

7/40 PD 7 Total: 7/40 PD (0/30 rPD)

7/40 ED 3 Total: 7/40 ED (0/30 rED)

4/6 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12/2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

10/20 REC 12

40/70 END 0

35/70 STUN 10 Total Characteristic Cost: 127

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 20"/40"

Leaping: 4"/8"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

27 Telekinetic Powers: Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), OIHID (-1/4)

2u 1) Telekinetic Super-Strength: +60 STR, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points); Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4) 3

1u 2) Telekinetic Super-Strength Tricks: +34 STR, Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; Limited Group of Advantages (Area of Effect [One Hex], Armor Piercing, Autofire [5 shots], Penetrating); +3/4) (74 Active Points); Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) 7

3u 3) Crushing and Rending: HKA 5d6 (6d6+1 / 10d6 w/STR) (75 Active Points); Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), OIHID (-1/4) 7

3u 4) Telekinesis: Telekinesis (50 STR) (75 Active Points); Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), OIHID (-1/4) 7

3u 5) Expanded Telekinesis: Telekinesis (26 STR), Affects Porous, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (73 Active Points); Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), OIHID (-1/4) 7

3u 6) Telekinetic Blast: EB 15d6 (75 Active Points); Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), OIHID (-1/4) 7

3u 7) Telekinetic Spear: RKA 5d6 (75 Active Points); Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), OIHID (-1/4) 7

34 Energy Control Powers: Multipower, 94-point reserve, (94 Active Points); all slots Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), OIHID (-1/4)

3u 1) Energy Punch: HA +15d6, Variable Special Effects (Electricity, Heat/Plasma, and Electromagentic Radiation) (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4) 9

3u 2) Energy Blast: EB 15d6, Variable Special Effects (Electricity, Heat/Plasma, and Light) (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), OIHID (-1/4) 9

3u 3) Energy Blast Tricks: EB 9d6+1, Variable Special Effects (Electricity, Heat/Plasma, and Light) (+1/4), Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; Limited Group of Advantages (Armor Piercing, Autofire [5 shots], Explosion, Penetrating) ; +3/4) (94 Active Points); Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), OIHID (-1/4) 9

3u 4) Energy Bolt: RKA 5d6, Variable Special Effects (Electricity, Heat/Plasma, and Light) (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), OIHID (-1/4) 9

3u 5) Energy Wall: FW (11 PD/11 ED; 3" long and 3" tall), Backlash (+1/2) (94 Active Points); Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), OIHID (-1/4) 9

3u 6) Energy Aura: RKA 2d6, Variable Special Effects (Electricity, Heat/Plasma, and Electromagnetic Radiation) (+1/4), Damage Shield (+1/2), Trigger (character Grabs or touches, or is Grabbed or touched by, another character) (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates, Two activation conditions apply simultaneously; +1 1/4) (90 Active Points); Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), No Range (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4) 9

3u 7) Energy Dissipation: Dispel Electricity, Electrical Device, Fire/Heat, and Radiation Powers 6d6, Multiple Special Effect (any Electricity, Electrical Device, Fire/Heat, and Radiation special effect one at a time; +1/4), Cumulative (144 points; +1), Continuous (+1), all Electricity, Electrical Device, Fire/Heat, or Radiation powers simultaneously (+2) (94 Active Points); Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), OIHID (-1/4) 9

24 Psychokinetic Powers: Elemental Control, 60-point powers, (30 Active Points); all slots OIHID (-1/4)

16 1) Psychokinetic Flight: Flight 20", Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; Limited Group of Advantages (Reduced Endurance, Combat Acceleration/Deceleration plus No Turn Mode, Megascale, Usable As Swimming); +3/4) (70 Active Points); Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), Requires A DEX Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/2), OIHID (-1/4) 7

24 2) Psychokinetic Shield: FF (10 PD/10 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Invisible Power Effects, SFX Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2), Hardened (x2; +1/2) (60 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

10 3) Psychokinetic Point Defense: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection, Reflect At Any Target, Adjacent Hex (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Side Effects (only affects the environment near the character; -3/4), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Requires A DEX Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/2), OIHID (-1/4) 6

23 4) Weapons of Puny Humans Cannot Touch Me: Desolidification (affected by Superpowers), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Invisible Power Effects, SFX Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2) (100 Active Points); Only To Protect Against Non-Nuclear Real Weapons (-1), Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), OIHID (-1/4)

7 5) Psychokinetic Healing: Healing Any Characteristic 5d6, Can Heal Limbs, one Characteristic at a time (+1/4), Decreased Re-use Duration (6 Hours; +1/4) (82 Active Points); Side Effects (Side Effect only affects the recipient of the benefits of the Power; -3 1/2), Extra Time (Extra Phase, -3/4), Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), OIHID (-1/4) 16

14 6) Psychokinetic Body Control: Shape Shift (Sight, Hearing and Touch Groups, any humanoid shape), Imitation, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (72 Active Points); Extra Time (Extra Phase, -3/4), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Requires An EGO Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/2), OIHID (-1/4)

60 Body Control: Armor (20 PD/20 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (75 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

24 Kinetic Damage Control: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

24 Energy Damage Control: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

10 Control of Form: Power Defense (13 points) (13 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

4 Optimized Defenses: Lack Of Weakness (-5) for Resistant Defenses (5 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

6 Mental Shielding: Mental Defense (14/16 points total) (10 Active Points); Cannot Be Used To Resist Mental Attacks That Take Advantage of Psychological Limitations (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4)

23 Metabolism Control: Healing 3 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4)

48 Optimized Physiology: LS (Eating: Character does not eat; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

24 Heightened Dexterity: +10 DEX (30 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

24 Heightened Constitution: +15 CON (30 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

13 Heightened Body: +8 BODY (16 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

11 Heightened Recovery: +7 REC (14 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

15 Heightened Resilience: +19 STUN (19 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

11 Heightened Will: +10 EGO (20 Active Points); Cannot Be Used To Overcome Psychological Limitations, or Resist Mental Attacks That Take Advantage of Psychological Limitations (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4)

8 Heightened Reactions: +1 SPD (10 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

6 Heightened Charisma: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Cannot Be Used To Resist Presence Attacks That Take Advantage of Psychological Limitations (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4)

2 +3 PD (3 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

13 Strong Will: +10 EGO (20 Active Points); Cannot Be Used To Overcome Psychological Limitations, or Resist Mental Attacks That Take Advantage of Psychological Limitations (-1/2)

7 Heroic Resolve: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Cannot Be Used To Resist Presence Attacks That Take Advantage of Psychological Limitations (-1/2)

10 Heightened Senses: +4 PER with all Sense Groups (12 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

8 Heightened Hearing I: Targeting with Normal Hearing (10 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

2 Heightened Hearing II: Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group) (3 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

4 Heightened Sight I: IR Perception (Sight Group) (5 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

4 Heightened Sight II: UV Perception (Sight Group) (5 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

8 Heightened Sight III: Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) with Sight Group (10 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

15 Quantum Sense: Detect Physical Objects and Energy 13- (Radio Group), Discriminatory, Targeting (30 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense (Mental Sense Group) (-1/4) 3

8 Combat Awareness: Defense Maneuver I-IV (10 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)

13 Superhuman Form Hypercharging: Succor STR, DEX, CON, SPD 7d6 (standard effect: 21 points), four characteristics simultaneously (+1) (70 Active Points); Side Effects (gives the character the Disadvantage Enraged in combat, go 14-, recover 8-, and activates it), (-1), Extra Time (Extra Phase, -3/4), Self Only (-1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Power Cannot Be Pushed Or Applied Multiple Times (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4), Visible (-1/4), 4 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Minute each (-1/4) 7

0 Heroic Form Activation: Multiform (0 Character Points in the most expensive form); Extra Time (Extra Phase, -3/4), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Stops Working If Character Is Knocked Out (-1/4), Does Not Work If Character is Significantly (EGO/PRE +10) Affected by Despair-, Doubt-, or Fear-inducing Mental Powers or PRE Attacks. (-1/4), Does Not Work In The Absence of Solar/Stellar Emissions (-1/4)

5 Rapid Healing: Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Hour (-2 1/4), Character Must Rest For The Entire Hour To Regain 1 BODY (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2)

12 Reanimation: Healing 1 BODY, Resurrection (stopped by bringing both INT and EGO to -30), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Week (-3), Self Only (-1/2), Resurrection Only (-1/2)

Perks

3 Fringe Benefit: FBI Special Agent

3 Fringe Benefit: Federal/National Police Powers

3 Fringe Benefit: Security Clearance

3 Money: Well Off

Skills

3 Acrobatics 13- (15-)

3 Breakfall 13- (15-)

3 Computer Programming 13-

3 Criminology 13-

3 Deduction 13-

3 Electronics 13-

2 Gambling (Card Games) 13-

2 KS: Federal Criminal Law And Procedure 11-

2 KS: Movies 11-

2 KS: Music 11-

2 KS: History 11-

2 KS: Literature 11-

2 KS: The Superhuman World 11-

2 KS: World Politics 11-

3 Mechanics 13-

3 Oratory 13- (15-)

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Persuasion 13- (15-)

2 SS: Biology 11-

2 SS: Chemistry 11-

2 SS: Physics 11-

3 Seduction 13- (15-)

3 Stealth 13- (15-)

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 710

Total Cost: 837

800+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

15 Enraged: by Treachery, Betrayal, Friends Seriously Threatened or Harmed, Being Stunned or Taking BODY Damage in Combat (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 11-

20 Hunted: Recurring Master Villain and Villainous Agency Enemies (DEMON, Mechanon, VIPER) 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Human Supremacist Agency (Institute for Human Advancement) 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Honorable (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Lecherous (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Loves Combat (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Innocents (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Vengeful (Uncommon, Strong)

5 Rivalry: Professional (with other powerful superhuman fighters)

20 Social Limitation: Subject to Orders (Very Frequently, Major)

10 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x Effect Flash Attacks, Sight and Hearing Sense Groups (Common)

5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN Cold Attacks + Darkness Attacks (Uncommon)

10 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN Magic Powers (Common)

10 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN Mental/Psionic Powers (Common)

Total Disadvantage Points: 200

Thanks to Oddhat and Wanderer for the full write-ups' date=' they were a big help. :thumbup:[/quote']

It was quite a pleasure. Feel free to ask if you need some other suggestion (I'm a big lover of the cosmic subgenre, so there are several other power or disadvantage ideas for this kind of character that I brainstormed over time but really did not fit the present character writeup, so I dump in archived HD files just in case), and please remember to share your own write-up when you have given it a decent shape. A fresh approach can always give one new ideas.

Rep will come when I'm able.

Please do. I might have some use for it ;)