Help Creating power!

yuuko

I wanna be able to Have a character that can become a puddle of water, seep through cracks and even enter larger bodies and not be seen. it can used to put out normal fires and such... I have some basic ideals but need further input.

Thanks

Re: Help Creating power!

I wanna be able to Have a character that can become a puddle of water, seep through cracks and even enter larger bodies and not be seen. it can used to put out normal fires and such... I have some basic ideals but need further input.

Thanks

Off-hand, I would say give the character Desolidification (with a limitation of not being able to pass through solid objects), possibly linked to Shrinking and/or Damage Reduction. To put out normal fires, a dispel would work, possibly adding a small Area of Effect to it.

What do you mean by "enter larger bodies"? Larger bodies of water, or human bodies larger than the character?

I wanna be able to Have a character that can become a puddle of water, seep through cracks

This is a pretty straightforward Desolidification, Not Through Solid Objects. As you might imagine, with that limitation, the character will need actual openings to flow through--he or she can't get through anything watertight. Depending on your conception, you may also want Affected by all Attacks.

and even enter larger bodies and not be seen.

That sounds like Invisibility, Only in Water. Some extra swimming would probably be a good idea, too.

it can used to put out normal fires and such... I have some basic ideals but need further input.

Dispel fire-based powers. You're probably going to want to buy it up to affect all powers with the "fire" special effect simultaneously.

With these three powers, you should be well on your way to simulating a "body of water" or "water elemental" type character.

Zeropoint

Hello Yukko.

I'd go with the desolid and limited invisibility builds.

As for putting out fires, dispel gets expensive if you are doing it in desolid form as you need the Affects Physical World advantage.

Personaly I'd make part of the required desolid vulnerability 'fire'. As a GM I'd then rule that if the fire can effect you you can effect it. Buy yourself a bit of ED fire defence and then just roll those fires out: you specify you only want it to be able to effect normal fires so I'd rule (subject to the above procedure) it was pretty much sfx.

Desolid (effected by fire and electricity) half END 50 points

Invisibilty to sight, 0 END persistent, inherent (+1.25) (45 points) linked desolid (-1/2), only when in a substantial amount of water (-1): 18 points

Total power: 68 points

I made the invisibility inherent because it is not logical that it could be drained whilst the desolid is in operation, but you may feel differently. personally I'd change the 'only in water' limitation to 'only in water or when motionless' which i'd probably put at -1/2 (making the cost 22 points, or 72 for the gestalt), witht he sfx that, whilst not actually invisibly, if you just slump into a puddle on land, and don't do anything un-puddle-like, no one will see you as a character or enemy. You could do that with shapeshift or somesuch, but I would be happy enough allowing you to build it this way. Of course enemies why know of your powers will see puddles - they just won't know if they are you.

One attack I have built for water characters, and it could be your 'fire putter outer' is this:

1d6 EB NND (doesn't need oxygen) Affects Physical World Does Body Continuous (+4) for 25 points, no range 17 points: it is a sort of drowning attack. I'd let it 'damage' fire, and so put it out, based on sfx.

Now I've VERY wary of allowing a combination of desolid and APW, but the damage is low, so I'm not too bothered: it would take forever to take down most targets.

One other thing: don't forget that desolid doesn't mean you don't breathe, so it would be logical to buy LS: Safe environment (water) or Does Not Need To Breathe.

Best of luck.

If the character is going to hide in water, they better have some way to breath, since Desolidfication doesn't automatically grant that ability when inside anything but air. (8^D)

Doh!! Sean did include this at the very end. I am humbled... (8^D)

- Christopher Mullins

Hello Yukko.

I'd go with the desolid and limited invisibility builds.

As for putting out fires, dispel gets expensive if you are doing it in desolid form as you need the Affects Physical World advantage.

Personaly I'd make part of the required desolid vulnerability 'fire'. As a GM I'd then rule that if the fire can effect you you can effect it. Buy yourself a bit of ED fire defence and then just roll those fires out: you specify you only want it to be able to effect normal fires so I'd rule (subject to the above procedure) it was pretty much sfx.

Desolid (effected by fire and electricity) half END 50 points

Invisibilty to sight, 0 END persistent, inherent (+1.25) (45 points) linked desolid (-1/2), only when in a substantial amount of water (-1): 18 points

Total power: 68 points

I made the invisibility inherent because it is not logical that it could be drained whilst the desolid is in operation, but you may feel differently. personally I'd change the 'only in water' limitation to 'only in water or when motionless' which i'd probably put at -1/2 (making the cost 22 points, or 72 for the gestalt), witht he sfx that, whilst not actually invisibly, if you just slump into a puddle on land, and don't do anything un-puddle-like, no one will see you as a character or enemy. You could do that with shapeshift or somesuch, but I would be happy enough allowing you to build it this way. Of course enemies why know of your powers will see puddles - they just won't know if they are you.

One attack I have built for water characters, and it could be your 'fire putter outer' is this:

1d6 EB NND (doesn't need oxygen) Affects Physical World Does Body Continuous (+4) for 25 points, no range 17 points: it is a sort of drowning attack. I'd let it 'damage' fire, and so put it out, based on sfx.

Now I've VERY wary of allowing a combination of desolid and APW, but the damage is low, so I'm not too bothered: it would take forever to take down most targets.

One other thing: don't forget that desolid doesn't mean you don't breathe, so it would be logical to buy LS: Safe environment (water) or Does Not Need To Breathe.

Best of luck.

OOooo! I'm so gonna use some of these for my own water/Desol character!

Thanks!

Depending on how absolute you want the hiding to be, you could also go with Skill Levels or straight bonuses to Skills like Concealment, Shadowing, and Stealth. What kind of Limitation value, "Only in Water," would be worth depends both on the campaign setting and your actual build (you can technically only limit Skill Levels at the 5-point level or higher, but most GMs will certainly let you take Limitations costed at -0 at any level).

Depending on how absolute you want the hiding to be' date=' you could also go with Skill Levels or straight bonuses to Skills like Concealment, Shadowing, and Stealth. What kind of Limitation value, "Only in Water," would be worth depends both on the campaign setting and your actual build (you can technically only limit Skill Levels at the 5-point level or higher, but most GMs will certainly let you take Limitations costed at -0 at any level).[/quote']

I've seen that, it's in Metamorph. But there it's an agreement tween player and GM the SL's will only be used for one thing.

No -0 Lim the way the two Steves got it written. You could do that you wanted, of course. :)