Need help with the Gods

JmOz

I have decided that my world will have 13 gods, they will be divided evenly into one of three groups (Light, Shadow, Dark), with the extra going into Shadow. Each God will operate under many names, and thus I am not woried about names yet (But will take any anyone comes up with)

My problem is I am one god short...

This is what I have so far

Gods

Gods of Light

Battle/Goodness/Defense/Generosity/justice

Healing/ Natural Beauty /love/Agriculture

Magic

Gods of the Shadows

Death

Knowledge/History/Stories/Sciences

Crafts/Forges/Fire/Art

Wilderness

Magic

Gods of the Dark

Lies/Deceit/Jokes/tricks/Wickedness/Greed

Conspiracies/intrigue/spies/plots/insects/serpents

War/Slaughter/Undead/Disease

Magic

Re: Need help with the Gods

Peace/Spirituality/Enlightenment/Purity would seem like a good god. Also, that would make the Dark and Light gods into pairs:

Battle/Goodness/Defense/Generosity/justice v. War/Slaughter/Undead/Disease

Healing/ Natural Beauty /love/Agriculture v. Conspiracies/intrigue/spies/plots/insects/serpents

Peace/Spirituality/Enlightenment/Purity v. Lies/Deceit/Jokes/tricks/Wickedness/Greed

Hope that helps.

Y'know, you're missing a big slab of classical pantheon functionality, unless your campaign will never come close to a coastline.

Where are you going to put the sea/fish/weather/climate?

Y'know, you're missing a big slab of classical pantheon functionality, unless your campaign will never come close to a coastline.

Where are you going to put the sea/fish/weather/climate?

Birth/Growth/Strength(will)/Endurance

These are often linked for many cultures in the Pacific.

Life Cycle = Water, and is usually female. You can rebel and make it male, but generally, it's a female presence. Moon/Water/Birth/Death - the Moon symbolizes all those things all by Herself. Tide, birth (new moon) life (waxing moon) death (waning moon) death (guess... new moon) which is also birth! (new moon).

Also, suggestion: take out your 5th Shadow god and make it a nameless/dead/unknown god. Then you've got a perfect circle, but people who know their history & lore know something is missing. There are 13 Gods in the OLD texts, but only 12 in the new. Why? Is it important?

Well? IS IT?! This is a major element in my game now (the known past vs. the not necessarily known present) and it causes all manner of chaos.

Peace/Spirituality/Enlightenment/Purity would seem like a good god. Also, that would make the Dark and Light gods into pairs:

Battle/Goodness/Defense/Generosity/justice v. War/Slaughter/Undead/Disease

Healing/ Natural Beauty /love/Agriculture v. Conspiracies/intrigue/spies/plots/insects/serpents

Peace/Spirituality/Enlightenment/Purity v. Lies/Deceit/Jokes/tricks/Wickedness/Greed

Hope that helps.

I like this idea

As For the ocean, It i part of the domain of the god of the wilderness. The gods of Magic are taking the Astrological Sun (Light) Stars (Shadow) Moon (dark)