Mindless summon

So, here's what I want. I want my character to summon a creature which has no mind of its own, but instead is 100% controlled by my character. Thus, you can't use mental powers on it, since it has no mind to affect, it's like trying to use mental powers on a knife.

I don't exactly know how to do this.

Summoned creatures have their own mind and their actions are determined by how loyal they are to you. Otherwise, the summon mechanic is perfect (creature comes into being, can be killed, takes its own actions, can be re-summoned after death, etc).

Thought about making it duplication. This solves the control problem (more or less... it's handwaveable), but the mindless thing is tough. Plus, death is death, you can't create a new duplicate if that one dies.

It's a bit of a conundrum. Here's a few more details on the power - basically the summoned creature is purely a construct of the character's mind. While it has physical form and can be destroyed, it's not really a creature in that it has no mind and performs no actions that are not directed by my character. Once the form is destroyed, the form can be recreated by my character.

Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

-Nate

Re: Mindless summon

The only rules legal way is via duplication for the complete control, if you can convince the GM to allow you to control the Summoned (I would allow it, I have enough to keep track of, so I normaly allow a broad amount of control on followers, summons, etc...at least in combat) then an automation is what you are looking for (For that matter you can technicaly duplicate yourself as a automation, probably at 50% difference...,

TK with physical manifestation is a good idea, but a little too simplistic. I want this thing to have skills (obviously only physical skills) and abilities, a set amount of body, defense, etc.

Maybe summon a creature with 0 int and 0 ego and have a linked mind control? Almost works, except I don't want it to be affected by anyone else's mental powers... maybe desolid only vs. mental and give my linked mind control affects desolid? Hmm...

[edit] A duplicate automaton is a great idea. I forgot about automatons. I guess I could give my base character some kind of resurrection ability to represent re-creating it after it's killed. Hmm.... that could work.

-Nate

TK with physical manifestation is a good idea, but a little too simplistic. I want this thing to have skills (obviously only physical skills) and abilities, a set amount of body, defense, etc.

Maybe summon a creature with 0 int and 0 ego and have a linked mind control? Almost works, except I don't want it to be affected by anyone else's mental powers... maybe desolid only vs. mental and give my linked mind control affects desolid? Hmm...

-Nate

Desolid vs Mental is of the Dodo (Extinct)

In my game I would say build it as a summon 100% loyal automation & handwave the control issues...

Well, the main reason that I had suggested the TK with Physical Manifestation was that impossibility of mind control (except by you character). Also, the TK "entity" would have Physical Skills, your characters. :D

I guess you don't wantyour character to have to concentrate so that the summoned creature can act.

I guess JmOz just mentionned the suggestion closest to what you want. I had thought of something similar, but decided to go for simplicity. ;)

Well, the main reason that I had suggested the TK with Physical Manifestation was that impossibility of mind control (except by you character). Also, the TK "entity" would have Physical Skills, your characters. :D

I guess you don't wantyour character to have to concentrate so that the summoned creature can act.

I guess JmOz just mentionned the suggestion closest to what you want. I had thought of something similar, but decided to go for simplicity. ;)

It would be possible with somee form of the uncontroled advantage to use TK the way your talking, you would also need it on any skills you want him to have, overall it would be a little more complicated, but feasable, seems the me that Fantacy Hero for the 4th edition had some spells built just that way...

So, here's what I want. I want my character to summon a creature which has no mind of its own, but instead is 100% controlled by my character. Thus, you can't use mental powers on it, since it has no mind to affect, it's like trying to use mental powers on a knife.

I don't exactly know how to do this.

The official (at least I think it's official) rule for this, using Summon anyway, is to make the Summon creature an Automaton, which requires the Slavishly Loyal Advantage, because it obeys your every command.

Desolid vs Mental is of the Dodo (Extinct)

In my game I would say build it as a summon 100% loyal automation & handwave the control issues...

I use my Resurrection, Only on Dead Rules, power.

Lucius Alexander

Using the palindromedary as a focus