Immunity to grabs...

How would one define the ability to ignore the limb immobilization part of a grab? Say you have Mister Fantastic, sure you can grab his arm, but that's hardly going to stop him from using it. You DID grab him however and you ARE holding one of his limbs, it just doesn't affect his ability to use that arm since it'll just stretch out and go about it's business.

How do you write it up?

Do you write it up?

Is it just a derived common sense part of having stretching?

Re: Immunity to grabs...

I'd make it an adder on stretching, call it like 10-15 points (it's pretty useful to ignore that part of grabs). Definitely shouldn't be free, because stretching encompasses a lot of different special effects, not just people made of rubber. Long weapons, abnormally long arms, and many other special effects wouldn't get that benefit.

-Nate

You could take Extra Limbs and the SFX is just that you can Stretch your limbs out of Grabs.

But remember, unless your character gets completely out of the Grab, your suffer all the penalties of being Grabbed (-3 OCV vs Grabber, ½ OCV vs everyone else, ½DCV).

You could take Extra Limbs and the SFX is just that you can Stretch your limbs out of Grabs.

But remember, unless your character gets completely out of the Grab, your suffer all the penalties of being Grabbed (-3 OCV vs Grabber, ½ OCV vs everyone else, ½DCV).

I'd call this the perfect solution - the character is still Grabbed.

If you want to be out of the Grab, some variance on Desolid (nonpersistent, only to escape grabs) would seem reasonable.

SirViss has a good idea with Extra Limbs. Extra Limbs don't have to always be out there and viewable. According to the rules, Extra Limbs don't even require visible SFX (though the STR they use must), so they don't have to be visible until they are used, and you can have any number you want. In the case of a rubberish Mr. Fantastic type, the Extra Limbs are defined as "as many as the character could possible need".

To be more accurate, you could even Link the Extra Limbs to Stretching, but I normally wouldn't, since the character shouldn't be required to stretch out great distances just to use them. Stretching is just the SFX of the limbs.

How would one define the ability to ignore the limb immobilization part of a grab? Say you have Mister Fantastic, sure you can grab his arm, but that's hardly going to stop him from using it. You DID grab him however and you ARE holding one of his limbs, it just doesn't affect his ability to use that arm since it'll just stretch out and go about it's business.

How do you write it up?

Do you write it up?

Is it just a derived common sense part of having stretching?

I'd say it's covered by "Thus, Stretching is inherently indirect in some respect" Unless the stretching is bought with an "inflexible" limitation, grappling isn't going to stop it. It would be the same thing with a character who bought an energy blast. A grapple can keep him from aiming it at his grappler, but if it's bought with "indirect" then the energy beam wraps around and zaps the grappler (unless of course the power was also bought with gestures).

I'd say it's covered by "Thus' date=' Stretching is inherently [i']indirect[/i] in some respect" Unless the stretching is bought with an "inflexible" limitation, grappling isn't going to stop it. It would be the same thing with a character who bought an energy blast. A grapple can keep him from aiming it at his grappler, but if it's bought with "indirect" then the energy beam wraps around and zaps the grappler (unless of course the power was also bought with gestures).

Good call. I've changed my mind and agree with David on this.