Pseudo variable fixed locations

Ndreare

I just wanted to feel you guys out for this while we wait for Steve to get back and answer.

Pseudo variable fixed locations

I was making a character with the power to move through shadows and found a power I wanted to make but needed to know if it would be a legal “Descriptionâ€.

I would like to set his 10 Fixed Locations as the “10 Closest Greater than Man Sized Shadowsâ€. (As the GM I could hand wave, but I generally like to stick to the rules.)

I understand that you can set the as moving object but in this case it is not the object moving but the gate maker.

So would this be a legal Fixed Location description for his 10 levels?

So sense Steve is out to a con for now what would you say for your games?

Re: Pseudo variable fixed locations

I would say yes.. to me this is the same thing as Fixed Location: Always Three Feet Behind Me.

You can't change it from 10 Closest Shadows, and are even limited to not being able to use them all if there are less than 10 Shadows in within the Teleport Range. Sounds "fixed" to me personally.

That seems pretty costly to be able to do this, actually. I might allow the same thing to be done with a Limited (-0 to -1/4) Variable Location. The -0 is probably most appropriate because you are trading the ability to do it without the time required to reset the location for the drawback of having it be, "pseudo-fixed."

That seems pretty costly to be able to do this' date=' actually. I might allow the same thing to be done with a Limited (-0 to -1/4) Variable Location. The -0 is probably most appropriate because you are trading the ability to do it without the time required to reset the location for the drawback of having it be, "pseudo-fixed."[/quote']

Fixed Locations are 1 per point. This would cost 10 Points, far less expensive that Floating Locations (50 points for the same).

Depending upon the character's concept and the SFX, I'd allow it. It doesn't seem too unbalanced and if the character bought that many locations and spent that many points, it'd probably cost about the same to find some other contrived method of building it using Floating Locations. Go for it.

Ah right.. got it. Disadvantage to that is it must be set up beforehand (1 Turn of study). But it would be cheaper.

I think the limitation of only being able to go to the nearest shadows probably balances out pretty well with not having to set it up beforehand. Just call it a +/-0 Modifier. Or not. Whatever. :)