Superpets: The Freedom Kittens (crossposted from NGD)

OddHat

See the Freedom Kittens web page HERE.

Yes, it's silly. :)

The Characters:

STAR AND STRIPES - THE FREEDOM KITTENS

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

-15 STR -25 6- Lift 3.1kg; -3d6

18 DEX 24 13- OCV: 6/DCV: 6

10 CON 0 12-

5 BODY -10 10-

10 INT 0 11- PER Roll 14-

5 EGO -10 10- ECV: 2

8 PRE -2 12- PRE Attack: 2 ½d6

14 COM 2 12-

2 PD 2 Total: 2 PD (0 rPD)

3 ED 0 Total: 3 ED (0 rED)

3 SPD 2 Phases: 4, 8, 12

5 REC 4

30 END 0

15 STUN 2 Total Characteristic Cost: -12

Movement: Running: 7"/14"

Leaping: 2"/4"

Swimming: 1"/2"

Cost Powers END

5 Sharp little teeth and claws: HKA 1 point 1

2 Them kittens are quick: Running +1" (7" total) 1

2 Pounce: Leaping +2" (2" forward, 1" upward) 1

9 Cat's Senses: +3 PER with All Sense Groups

5 Cat's Eyes: Nightvision

5 Cat's Nose: Tracking with Normal Smell

5 Kitten Fearlessness: +5 PRE

10 Energetic Kittens: +5 CON

Skills

20 Tiny and Quick: +4 with DCV

7 Falls mean nothing to a kitten: Breakfall 15-

3 Kittens can climb: Climbing 13-

7 Sneaky Kittens: Concealment 15- (11 Active Points); Self Only (-½)

7 Quiet as a kitten, but not as quiet as they think: Stealth 15-

7 The Power of Cute: Seduction 15- (9 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Not vs cat haters, old cats or mean dogs; -¼)

5 Feed Me Pet Me: Persuasion 13-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 99

Total Cost: 87

75+ Disadvantages

15 Physical Limitation: Animal Intelligence Frequently, Greatly Impairing

10 Physical Limitation: Limited Manipulation Frequently, Slightly Impairing

10 Physical Limitation: Tiny (.25m; +9" KB) Frequently, Slightly Impairing

20 Psychological Limitation: Needs to play, seeks human love and attention Common, Total

15 Psychological Limitation: Fascinated by bags, boxes and dangly things (Common, Strong)

Total Disadvantage Points: 87

Background/History: Born in a small cardboard box, the Freedom Kittens grew to kitten-hood under the kind eye of Momma Cat, until the terrible day they were taken to the Metal Box Place. Rescued from the Metal Box Place by Satin Kitty, the Freedom Kittens have dedicated themselves to running really fast in circles, chasing things, batting at other things, and asking for food and cuddles. If any crime-fighting can be fitted in, even better.

Personality/Motivation: Normal cute kitten motivations.

Quote: Purrrrrrrrrr.

Powers/Tactics: Run in circles, jump, purr, play, repeat.

Campaign Use: Comic relief, DNPCs, better than average sidekicks.

Appearance: Star is a small black kitten. Stripes is primarily white but sports stripes in all standard kitten colors.

Freedom Kittens by Momma Cat. Character Sheet by Robert Dorf.

Re: Superpets: The Freedom Kittens (crossposted from NGD)

I love the writeups!

I wouldn't have given them extra con or end. Kittens sleep up to 16 hours a day depending on their age. Cats, too, are not not known for their endurance or durability. They're sprinters, not marathoners.

I love the writeups!

I wouldn't have given them extra con or end. Kittens sleep up to 16 hours a day depending on their age. Cats, too, are not not known for their endurance or durability. They're sprinters, not marathoners.

Maybe. On the other hand, these guys have been charging around for about two days straight at all hours. A higher CON than an adult cat seemed a good way to represent that. ;)

This makes me think of a group I encountered years ago in a game: The Rodent Commandos. Basically, they were the test subjects for a US Government process to give super powers to humans. The process worked, leading to a group of super-powered and human-smart lab animals that were always breaking out of their facility to help their friend, one of the humans that went through the process. The line-up was: The HedgeHammer, a metal body transformation hedgehog who watched too much professional wrestling; The Mighty Hamster, a psionic hamster; Fantastic Ferret, a ferret with stretching powers; Bombbat, a fast flying bat with a hypersonic cry and explosive guano pellets; Rocket Rat, a flame aura powered flying rat with unfortunate environmental side-effects from his powers; Race Rabbit, a supersonic running rabbit; Blink Badger, a teleporting badger; and Quantum Cat, a phasing cat. (One of the lab assistants was told to "get some experimental animals" and used his girlfriends exotic pet store as the place to acquire them, and the rodents outvoted the cat to name the group).

That actually got brought up in the game, and the answer was:

All the animals pointed to the Mighty Hamster [iNT 13, but with some serious education gaps] and said: "He said we were!"

Later investigation determined that TMH had telepathically plucked the phrase "I have to feed the damned rodents again?" out of an irritated lab tech's head, and assumed that he and the rest were all 'rodents' because of it.

rabbits and ferrets are not rodents' date=' either. I'm not sure about bats, but I suspect they aren't.[/quote']

A co-worker who was a zoology major once told me that bats were their own order. Wikipedia backs this up. Bats are not in the order rodentia, they are in their own order, chiroptera.