[Online Game]New 'Marvel: Next Generation' game

Snake Gandhi

Re: [Online Game]New 'Marvel: Next Generation' game

Thanks for the feedback, all. This story just came to me as I was falling asleep the other night. I may not get the character sheet done, but I really needed to get this written down.

... But I still chuckled when Wilbur admitted he was Stilt-Man. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I knew this as I was writing it. No matter how serious, there's just no good way to avoids the absurdity of saying "I'm Stilt-Man."

Log,

I can't believe you made Eugene a villain...*sniff*The Fabulous Frogman is one of my favorite heroes!

:cry:

Ok, I should address this. I have to admit I love the Fabulous Frog-Man, too, partially because I had his first appearance as well as that of the Leap Frog. However, he did initially try and become a crook. He was just so bad that Spidey was easily able to convince him to turn around. But while doing some research for the story, I ran across a blurb that hinted at the really bad relationship that had developed between Eugene and Vinnie, and how Eugene had tried to go thief again. I know he was never that bad, but as the only other child of the DD rogues (that I knew of) I wanted him to act as the proverbial object lesson. Vinnie had a child that tried to follow in his footsteps, but paid the price. It was either that or kill him, and I didn't want to go that far with it. Besides, I never said he was a murderer or anything, just in prison. The way I envisioned it wasn't that he was a lost cause, just that he was locked up, a victim of the three strikes law or someting similar that caused an inordinately long sentence. Eugene's still young, there's hope for him yet. :)

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Betty insisted on walking to the funeral even though the effort exhausted her. She found herself scrutinizing the people there' date=' wondering how they knew her father and who they might have been in their criminal careers. Who was that guy with the white hair? What kind of villain could the blind guy have been? What about that woman with the scar? Wasn’t she his secretary? Eventually everyone left and Betty was alone standing at her father’s grave. His headstone bore two words: “My hero.†She walked slowly, steadily to the car where her uncles waited for her....[/quote']

Oh wow, Log. Just -- wow.

That's an incredible origin story, so touching and so utterly believable. It's all about redemption and change, doing a little wrong in a good cause, and you treat all the characters (and you're dealing with a gang of the old classics in there) with such respect that by the time you get to Wilbur's villain name, "Stilt-Man" doesn't sound silly at ALL.

"My father, the hero." So touching...

These characters all feel/read like real people. Not perfect, but good-hearted and eager to make amends for the things they've done wrong. And the former villains all have a very good appreciation for how absurd things got sometimes, back in "the day". They seem a bit wistful, but not bitter. They all seem like people you'd like to know.

And I loved the mention of "the blind man" at Wilbur's funeral. Matt Murdock paying his last respects?

Well done, Log. Rep for you; it's the least I can do.

I've spent extravagently on Stilt-Girl, as extravagrntly as I can without blowing the concept out of the water. She's still only 525 points. I think I'm submitting her this way anyway.

Edit: Ok, new version. This one is 575. I upgraded all around and gave her a ton of skills (turns out she's a natural linguist!). This is my first time experimenting with several things, so there may be a follow-up version, too.

[b]Stilt-Girl (Mark II) - Elizabeth "Betty" Day[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
10    STR     0   10/40      11- / 17-       HTH Damage 2d6/8d6  END [1/4]
15    DEX     15   15/21      12- / 13-       OCV 5/7 DCV 5/7
13    CON     6   13/25      12- / 14-
9    BODY    -2   9      11-
18    INT     8   18      13-       PER Roll 13-
14    EGO     8   14      12-       ECV: 5
13    PRE     3   13      12-       PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6
12    COM     1   12      11-
7    PD      5   7/34             7/34 PD (0/21 rPD)
7    ED      4   7/30             7/30 ED (0/21 rED)
3    SPD     5   3/5                 Phases:  4, 8, 12/3, 5, 8, 10, 12
5    REC     0   5/13
26    END     0   26/50
24    STUN    3   24/45
5    RUN      -10   5"/11"                END [2/4]
0    SWIM     -2   0"                END [0]
0    LEAP     -2   0"/9"                0"/9" forward, 0"/4 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 42[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
    Hey, Great Legs! (Stilt-Girl Battlesuit, Stilts Unit) , all slots OIF (-1/2) - END=
3     1)  [b][i]I Gots Legs![/i][/b]: Extra Limbs (To replace normally missing limbs)  (2) (5 Active Points) - END=0
5     2)  [b][i]I can walk![/i][/b]: Running +4" (0"/6" total) (8 Active Points) - END=1
46     3)  [b][i]Stupendous Stilts[/i][/b]: Stretching 12", x4 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (81 Active Points); Legs Only (-1/4) - END=3
8     4)  [b][i]Stilt Walking[/i][/b]: Running +6" (0"/6" total), x4 Noncombat (17 Active Points); Linked (+1"/2") (Stupendous Stilts; Proportional; -1/2) - END=2
14     5)  [b][i]Auto Gyroscopic Stabilizers[/i][/b]: Knockback Resistance -12" (24 Active Points); Only When In Contact With The Ground (-1/4) - END=0
7     6)  [b][i]Counter Balance Shifters[/i][/b]: +5 with Breakfall (10 Active Points) - END=
39     7)  [b][i]Titanium Alloy Stilts[/i][/b]: Armor (21 PD/21 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (79 Active Points); Limited Coverage: Waist Down (-1/2) - END=0
16     8)  [b][i]Death From Above![/i][/b]: HA +6d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Linked (Stupendous Stilts; Only with Velocity strikes; -1/2), Legs Only (-1/4) - END=0
3     9)  [b][i]Leap Frog[/i][/b]: Leaping +3" (0"/9" forward, 0"/4 1/2" upward) (x4 Noncombat) (8 Active Points); Linked (Stupendous Stilts; Lesser Power can only be used when character uses greater Power at full value; -3/4) - END=1
8     10) [b][i]Webbing Proof[/i][/b]: +4 with DCV (20 Active Points); Limited Power Only vs. Entangles and Grabs (-1) - END=
4     11) [b][i]Gee, you're tall![/i][/b]: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Limited Power Not for Defense (-1), Linked (Stupendous Stilts; Lesser Power need not be used proportionally to Power with which it is Linked; -1/4) - END=

Wow, What a Chest! (Stilt-Girl Battlesuit, Chest Unit), all slots OIF (-1/2) - END=
20     1)  [b][i]Servo Motor Systems[/i][/b]: +30 STR (30 Active Points) - END=3
9     2)  [b][i]Fluid Motion Activators[/i][/b]: +6 DEX (18 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) - END=
16     3)  [b][i]Stim Engineering[/i][/b]: +12 CON (24 Active Points) - END=
13     4)  [b][i]Hard Reaction Wiring[/i][/b]: +2 SPD (20 Active Points) - END=
39     5)  [b][i]Titanium Based Alloy[/i][/b]: Armor (21 PD/21 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (79 Active Points); Limited Coverage: Waist Up (-1/2) - END=0
23     6)  [b][i]Kinetic Damage Dispersal[/i][/b]: Physical Damage Reduction, 75% (40 Active Points); Limited Power Only vs. Kinetic based damage (ie, strikes, falls, etc.) (-1/4) - END=0
6     7)  [b][i]I can see my house from here![/i][/b]: +6 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group (9 Active Points) - END=0
7     8)  [b][i]Wireless[/i][/b]: Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group) (10 Active Points) - END=0
3     9)  [b][i]Loud Wailer[/i][/b]: Hearing Group Images Increased Size (4" radius; +1/2) (8" Cone; +0), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (10 Active Points); Limited Power Only to amplify voice (-1), No Range (-1/2) - END=0
3     10) [b][i]Tinted Windshield[/i][/b]: Sight Group Flash Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points) - END=0
2     11) [b][i]GPS[/i][/b]: Custom Perk (3 Active Points) - END=

Defensive Systems, Stilt-Girl Battlesuit (Combined Units), all slots OIF (-1/2), Requires Both Units (-1/4) - END=
17     1)  [b][i]Safe Inside My Shell[/i][/b]: LS  (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (30 Active Points) - END=0
3     2)  [b][i]Oh no you don't![/i][/b]: Lack Of Weakness (-5) for Resistant Defenses (5 Active Points) - END=0

22     [b][i]Omniversal Gauntlet Array - Right Hand[/i][/b]: Multipower, 33-point reserve,  (33 Active Points); all slots OIF (Battlesuit, Chest Unit; -1/2) - END=
3m     1)  [b][i]Right Cross[/i][/b]: Stretching 6" (30 Active Points); Limited Body Parts: Right Arm (-1/4) - END=3
1u     2)  [b][i]Piston Driven Jackhammer[/i][/b]: HA +4d6 (20 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=2
1u     3)  [b][i]Gladiator Sawblade[/i][/b]: HKA 1d6 (1d6+1 / 2d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (22 Active Points) - END=2
1u     4)  [b][i]Tangle Wires[/i][/b]: +20 STR (20 Active Points); Limited Power Only for Grabs and Holds (-1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Lockout (-1/2) - END=2
1u     5)  [b][i]Universal Tool Kit[/i][/b]: Shape Shift  (Sight and Touch Groups, limited group of shapes) (23 Active Points); Limited Power Left Hand only (-1 1/2) - END=2

40     [b][i]Omniversal Gauntlet Array -  Left Hand[/i][/b]: Multipower, 60-point reserve,  (60 Active Points); all slots OIF (Battlesuit, Chest Unit; -1/2) - END=
3m     1)  [b][i]Left Hook[/i][/b]: Stretching 6" (30 Active Points); Limited Body Parts: Left Arm (-1/4) - END=3
3u     2)  [b][i]Fishnet[/i][/b]: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF (60 Active Points); 6 Charges (-3/4) - END=[6]
3u     3)  [b][i]Blinding Flash[/i][/b]: Sight Group Flash 12d6 (60 Active Points); 6 Charges (-3/4) - END=[6]
3u     4)  [b][i]Stun Gas[/i][/b]: EB 6d6, NND (Breathing; +1) (60 Active Points); 6 Charges (-3/4) - END=[6]
3u     5)  [b][i]Recoilless Rockets[/i][/b]: EB 12d6 (60 Active Points); 6 Charges (-3/4) - END=[6]

Prosthetic Arm , all slots OAF (-1) - END=
2     1)  [b][i]Better than a hook![/i][/b]: Extra Limb (1) (5 Active Points); OAF (-1) - END=0
1     2)  [b][i]Ooh, Bionic![/i][/b]: +5 STR, Limited Power Ineffective inside Battlesuit (+0) (5 Active Points); Limited Power Only for Left Arm (-1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) - END=1

[b]POWERS Cost: 401[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
10      +1 Overall
10      +2 with Gauntlet Arrays
10      +2 with HTH Combat
5      Breakfall 13- (14-)
3      Bribery 12-
3      Bureaucratics 12-
3      Criminology 13-
3      Deduction 13-
3      Electronics 13-
3      Forgery 13-
3      Linguist
1      1)  Language:  Cantonese (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
1      2)  Language:  Norwegian (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
1      3)  Language:  Portugese (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
2      4)  Language:  Spanish (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)
1      5)  Language:  Swahili (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
4      PS: Explorer 14-
3      PS: Journalist 13-
3      Scholar
1      1)  KS: Battlesuits (2 Active Points) 11-
2      2)  KS: Cartography (3 Active Points) 13-
2      3)  KS: Photography (3 Active Points) 13-
2      4)  KS: Superheroes (3 Active Points) 13-
4      5)  KS: Supervillains (5 Active Points) 15-
2      6)  KS: World Geography (3 Active Points) 13-
7      Streetwise 14-
3      Traveler
2      1)  AK: China (3 Active Points) 13-
2      2)  AK: Northern Europe (3 Active Points) 13-
2      3)  AK: South America (3 Active Points) 13-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 101[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
15      Contact:  Daredevil's old rogues gallery (Contact has useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (15 Active Points) 11-
12      Contact:  Daily Bugle (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (12 Active Points) 8-
1      Favor - Foggy Nelson
3      Money:  Well Off

[b]PERKS Cost: 31[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
10     Distinctive Features:  Triple amputee (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
10     Hunted:  Turk, aka Stilt-Man II 8- (Less Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
25     Physical Limitation:  Cannot Walk, No legs below the thighs (All the Time, Fully Impairing)
20     Physical Limitation:  One arm, left arm amputated just above the elbow (All the Time, Greatly Impairing)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Curious (Common, Strong)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Driven to redeem her father's name (Common, Total)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Shy, Introverted (Very Common, Moderate)
10     Reputation:  Daughter of an Absurd Supervillain, 11-
15     Social Limitation:  Public Identity (Frequently, Major)
10     Vulnerability:  2 x STUN Electricity (Uncommon)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b]

Base Pts: 450
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 575

I've already started on part 2 of her history. It fills the gap between the funeral and her actually joining the team (if she does, of course). I think Eugene might just make an appearance. (Still upset I made Enforcer cry :( )

Eva Von Doom

Player: Hooligan X

Val Char Cost

13/43 STR 3

18/23 DEX 24

15 CON 10

20 BODY 0

30 INT 20

20 EGO 20

40 PRE 10

18 COM 4

5/44 PD 2

5/44 ED 2

6 SPD 32

8 REC 4

35 END 3

30 STUN 5

10" RUN 8

3" SWIM 1

2 1/2"/8 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 148

Cost Power

50 Doom's Armour: Armor (25 PD/25 ED) (75 Active Points); Real Armor (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

15 Doom's Armour: Life Support , Safe in High Pressure, Safe in High Radiation, Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Intense Heat, Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum, Self-Contained Breathing (19 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

4 Doom's Senses I: Infrared Perception (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

4 Doom's Senses II: Nightvision (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

3 Doom's Senses III: Enhanced Hearing (+4 to PER Rolls for Single Sense) (4 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

28 Doom's Jets: Flight 15", x4 Noncombat (35 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (uses Personal END)

17 Doom's Might: +30 STR (30 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (uses Personal END)

11 Doom's Mettle: +10 BODY (20 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

16 Doom's Majesty: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

12 Doom's Mastery: +5 DEX (15 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

18 Armour Power Plant: Endurance Reserve (100 END, 10 REC) Reserve: (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

60 Doom's Energy: Multipower, 75-point reserve, all slots: (75 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

4u 1) You DARE touch Doom?: Energy Blast 12d6 (vs. ED), STUN Only (+0), Trigger (when Doom is touched) (+1/4) (75 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) (uses Personal END)

6u 2) Doom's Wrath: Energy Blast 15d6 (vs. ED) (75 Active Points) (uses Personal END)

5u 3) Doom's Force Shield: Force Wall (15 PD/15 ED) (75 Active Points); Restricted Shape (-1/4) (uses Personal END) [Notes: Dome-shaped]

10 Wrist Console slot A: Force Shield: Force Field (14 PD/14 ED) (28 Active Points); Conditional Power Power does not work while wearing armour (-1), 4 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1/2), IIF (Focus (wrist band); -1/4) [Notes: Doom-shaped]

8 Wrist Console slot B: DoomCom: Radio Perception/Transmission (10 Active Points); IIF (Focus (wrist band); -1/4)

11 Wrist Console slot C: Doombot Control: Mind Link (Specific Group of Minds), Any distance, No LOS Needed, Number of Minds (x8) (40 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1), Limited Class Of Minds Single species/type of mind (-1), IIF (Focus (wrist band); -1/4), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)

25 Sorcery of Doom: Multipower, 50-point reserve, all slots: (50 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost 2x END (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4)

2u 1) Crimson Bands of Cyttorak: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF (50 Active Points) (uses Personal END)

2u 2) Blinding Light of Losoghri: Flash 10d6 (Sight Group) (50 Active Points) (uses Personal END)

2u 3) Deadly Bolts of Gnargugu: Energy Blast 10d6 (vs. ED) (50 Active Points) (uses Personal END)

2u 4) Gate of Shanfahd: Teleportation 7", x4 Increased Mass, Megascale (1" = 1,000 km; +1) (48 Active Points); Can Only Teleport To Fixed Locations Floating Fixed Locations (-1/2) (uses Personal END)

2u 5) Mystic Road of Standitko: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Any Dimension, Any Location), x2 Increased Weight (50 Active Points) (uses Personal END)

Powers Cost: 317

Cost Skill

4 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Small Arms

3 Paramedics 15-

3 High Society 13- (17-)

3 Riding 13- (14-)

3 Persuasion 13- (17-)

3 Oratory 13- (17-)

0 Language: Latverian (idiomatic; Native)

3 Language: German (completely fluent)

3 Language: Hungarian (completely fluent)

3 Language: Romany (completely fluent)

3 Language: English (completely fluent)

3 Language: French (completely fluent)

3 Inventor 15-

3 Mechanics 15-

3 Electronics 15-

5 SS (INT-based) Robotics 17-

3 SS (INT-based) Biology 15-

3 SS (INT-based) Anatomy 15-

3 PS (INT-based) Monarch 15-

3 AK: Latveria (INT-based) 15-

3 AK: NYC (INT-based) 15-

Skills Cost: 63

Cost Perk

10 Fringe Benefit: Head of State

15 Money: Filthy Rich

45 Follower DoomBots(x8, 150 Base, 100 Disad)

2 Deep Cover Eva DeSalle

Perks Cost: 72

Total Character Cost: 600

Pts. Disadvantage

20 Hunted: Shield 14- (Mo Pow; Watching; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)

20 Hunted: EuroPetrol Ltd 11- (As Pow), Harshly Punish, Extensive Non-Combat Influence

10 Hunted: Reed Richards 14- (Less Pow; Watching; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find)

20 Reputation: Mad Dictator 14- (Extreme)

20 Psychological Limitation:Code of Honor: Doom's word is bond! (Common), Total

20 Psychological Limitation: Uber-Arrogance (must prove herself to be the best) (Very Common; Strong)

20 Dependent NPC: Eloise Nelson, BFF 8- (Incompetent; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)

20 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently), Severe

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 450

And as the Hour approacheth, my character finally materializes on this most lively and energetic thread. As always, all thanks to Dr. Anomaly for bringing Argent and her evil twin Noire from concept to character sheet.

Emma Frost, White Queen of the Hellfire Club, has two daughters; Argent and Noire. The problem is -- they're the same person.

And they despise each other.

Argent's character sheet:

http://www.castle-walls.org/stuff/Argent.html

Argent's HeroDesigner file:

http://www.castle-walls.org/stuff/Argent.hdc

I wanted to offer a second choice, incase Singularity is too much in conflict with Echo. I would prefer to play Singularity. Her eis a background. I will have the writeup later today.

Andromeda

Background: Father - Kl'rt, more widely known as the Super-Skrull, was a famous Skrull warrior selected by the Skrull Emperor Dorrek and artificially bestowed with replicas of the Fantastic Four's superhuman abilities, though at even more powerful levels, He also retained his innate Skrullian shapeshifting abilities. These abilities proved to be insufficient for defeating the Fantastic Four; nevertheless, he confronted them and other Earth superheroes on multiple occasions. Years after receiving his powers Kl'rt found himself exiled from the Skrull Empire and hiding on Earth under the guise of movie special effects guru Lon Zelig, awaiting contact from his Empress. During that time he met and had a tempestuous affair with Lillian Dee, an up and coming actress. He thought nothing of it as he knew, unlike other Skrulls, he was infertile with humans. Shortly after this happened the Super-Skrull attacked the Fantastic Four again and was exiled to the Negative Zone.

Mother - De'lila, a Skrull criminal. De'lila was hiding out from the Skrull authorities on Earth, a planet the Skrulls officially avoided. She had taken the form of an attractive young woman and was using her minor telepathic powers, as well as her favors, to help build a career as an actress. When she met Lon Zellig she immediately realized who he was. She almost panicked, then realized he was hiding out himself. She saw him as a ticket to fortune and power. She waited till her breeding time was upon her then seduced him. She knew at once the egg was fertilized, but before she had a chance to tell him who and what she really was, tying him to her with bonds of honor, he broke cover and attacked the Fantastic Four. When he was captured and exiled De'lila abandoned her plan, and when the egg was laid, she abandoned it too, literally tossing it in a dumpster as she made her way back to her spaceship to venture once more into space.

The egg hatched and the infant Skrull cried out in hunger and fear. A passing garbage man heard the cry and looked into the dumpster. He couldn't see what was crying beneath the paper and debris. He reached in and felt for the source. When his arm touched the infant, it automatically imprinted the shape. The man found a small dark haired baby boy clinging to his hand. The child was put into an LA County orphanage and given the name Leon Gabriel (for the garbage man who brought him in). Unlike so many others in his situation, Leon was quickly adopted by a wealthy, but infertile couple. Growing up things seemed to always go Leon's way. People went out of their way to be nice to him. They never knew it was a response to his unconscious mental manipulation. Unfortunately this meant the Leon grew up spoiled rotten. He came to expect everything as his due. The few occasions when he was not able to get his way often resulted in violent tantrums. Leon was 12 when one of his violent tantrums when horribly wrong. As he slammed about the room his arms grew big and rocky, then they burst into flames. Completely without control. Leon burned down his house with both his parents in it.

Leon ran far and fast at the sound of the sirens approaching the burning ruins. He knew he had killed his parents. And he knew what he was...a mutant. Leon ran from everything he had ever known and ended up with a man who called himself Fagan. Fagan taught boys like him, strays and runaways, how to survive on the streets. And in Leon Fagan found a ready student. He knew what he was doing was wrong. But he also knew he was an evil mutant. He was supposed to be doing wrong. That was the way it worked...wasn't it.

His powers did not manifest, at least not consciously. But he was able to get strangers to trust him and was perfect for Fagan's badger games. Eventually Fagan choose the wrong target and the police arrived. As the police were rounding up Fagan and the other boys, Leon disappeared. He literally became invisible and hid while the police took the others away. When he finally found some friends on the street they told him that Fagan had put out word that Leon was the stoolie that had blown the whistle. The recommended he never show his face in LA again. He took their advice. While hitching across the country he set out to consciously explore his powers - shape shifting, mind reading, persuasion, and invisibility. He knew there were others but he couldn't face them.

By the time he got to New York, Leon Gabriel was gone. In his place was Jackie Black, sometimes male, sometimes female, always the center of attention with suitors lining up to offer support and gifts. Until there was another fire.

This time Leon had nothing to do with it. It was at a club in Soho. Someone had been playing with matches. Jackie and her whole entourage were in the middle of the dance floor when the walls started crawling with flames. Screams and cries. Pushing and shoving. Jackie got scared and suddenly her arms were fifty feet long and punching a gaping hole in the ceiling. She started lifting people out of the hole. She lifted with her hands, and with her mind. And as the fire started getting higher and hotter, she wavered at it and it seemed to flow into her hands. They flamed, but did not burn. Wrapping the last dozen people in her long arms, she flew out of the hole. And that was the last seen of that particular Jackie Black.

The news was all about the new superhero that had save so many lives. Leon liked it. He didn't understand it or trust it but he liked it. So he decided to try some more. And thus was born Mr. Invincible. Leon used his shape changing to assume a hooded and caped form. He tried fighting crime but couldn't find much; until her hooked up with Mr. Carstairs. Carstairs was a semi-connected club owner that seemed to always know when and where drug deals, smuggling, and other organized crimes were going to happen. And he was willing to share the information with Mr. Invincible. Leon never really noticed that he couldn't read Carstairs' mind. So he wasn't aware Carstairs was actually targeting Leon at his criminal enemies. Leon finally found out when Carstairs overstepped and sent Mr. Invincible to harass an innocent importer that wouldn't cooperate with Carstairs' partners. Leon read that in the importer's mind and realized he was being used. He stormed back to Carstairs' club, but he man was gone.

Soon after that there was another invasion, sort of. This time several Shi'ir were chased to Earth by the Imperial Guard. The renegades asked for political asylum, claiming to be republicans working to throw off the imperial yoke. Before the Earth;s leaders could decide what to do the Imperial Guard attacked. The fight above the UN drew every super in New York, including Mr. Invincible. But while fighting Oracle discovered Leon's secret and his true nature. In front of an international televison audience, she proclaimed him a Skrull, and forced him to take his true shape for the first time in his life. Then he disappeared. Again. And that was the end of Mr. Invincible.

Leon spent the next several months in the library studying all ther was to know about the Skrulls. He could no longer deny who and what he was. And not just any Skrull, his particular powers branded him a Super-Skrull. He studied the original Super-Skrull. He didn't think there was any way he could actually be the original, but some research showed that the original had been on Earth shortly before Leon's birth. The conclusion was obvious. The question was, what to do about it.

Leon decided he was not going to follow in his father's criminal footsteps any more. He was not going to be a villain. He liked the feelings he got from being a hero. But he knew he couldn't do it on his own anymore.

Thus was born Andromeda. He started looking for a group he had heard rumors about on the street. A group selling redemption and a chance to really be a hero - the new Thunderbolts.

Personality: Leon is fragile. He has had a rough life and doesn't really know who or what he is. He doesn't trust anyone. And he can't ever remember being trusted. He is desperate to find a place. He needs the Thunderbolts to be that place, that family he lost so long ago. Normally he hides his fear and loneliness with a slick patina of cool indifference. He is trying hard to let that go. Whether he succeeds or not is yet to be determined.

Powers: Andromeda has the shape changing powers common to his race, as well as his father's hypnotic ability and powers that mimic the original Fantastic Four's, as well as his mother's telepathy. He is street smart, but has no formal combat training and is only beginning to learn to use his powers.

Appearance: Andromeda can look like anything or anyone he wants. His hero form is a androgynous Skrull standing 5'10" and weighing 177#. When he manifests the Thing's powers in particular he has a tendency to grow significantly larger and heavier.

Here is my submission for the game. I hope y'all like it. :)

RECKLESS

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

25 STR 15 14- Lift 800.0kg; 5d6 [2]

27 DEX 51 14- OCV: 9/DCV: 9

28 CON 36 15-

20 BODY 20 13-

10 INT 0 11- PER Roll 16-

11 EGO 2 11- ECV: 4

25 PRE 15 14- PRE Attack: 5d6

20 COM 5 13-

15 PD 10 Total: 15 PD (15 rPD)

15 ED 9 Total: 15 ED (15 rED)

6 SPD 23 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

20 REC 18

60 END 2

50 STUN 3 Total Characteristic Cost: 209

Movement: Running: 15"/30"

Leaping: 5"/10"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

60 Invulnerable I: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75%

60 Invulnerable II: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75%

15 Invulnerable III: Damage Resistance (15 PD/15 ED)

20 Invulnerable IV: Life Support (Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents)

14 Invulnerable V: Healing 2 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

18 Quicker Than She Looks: Running +9" (15" total) 2

5 Crazy Mind: Mental Defense (7 points total)

Heightened Senses

15 1) Amazing Senses: +5 PER with all Sense Groups

27 2) Radar Sense: Spatial Awareness (Hearing Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees)

10 3) Heightened Sense of Touch: Discriminatory with Touch Group

10 4) Heightened Sense of Hearing: Discriminatory with Hearing Group

Jeet Kune Do

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Martial Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Choke Hold -2 +0 Grab One Limb; 4 1/2d6 NND

4 Martial Dodge -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

3 Martial Grab -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 60 STR for holding on

5 Offensive Strike -2 +1 14d6 Strike

3 Legsweep +2 -1 11d6 Strike, Target Falls

4 Nerve Strike -1 +1 4 1/2d6 NND

4 Martial Strike +0 +2 12d6 Strike

3 Martial Throw +0 +1 10d6 +v/5, Target Falls

20 +5 HTH Damage Class(es)

Talents

22 Danger Sense (self only, out of combat, Function as a Sense) 11-

4 Double Jointed

Skills

6 +2 with Martial Maneuvers

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Acting 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Concealment 11-

3 Contortionist 14-

10 Defense Maneuver I-IV

3 Disguise 11-

3 Mimicry 11-

3 Persuasion 14-

2 PS: Xtreme Sports 11-

3 Seduction 14-

3 Shadowing 11-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Streetwise 14-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 391

Total Cost: 600

450+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)

5 Distinctive Features: Martial Arts Style (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Small Group)

15 Enraged: When Attacked with Mental Powers (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 11-

10 Hunted: LA Police 11- (Less Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Matt Murdoch 11- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

10 Hunted: Mary Menzinis 11- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

10 Hunted: Kingpin of Crime 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

20 Psychological Limitation: Crazy Risk Taker (Very Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Fear of being imprisoned (Uncommon, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Highly Competitive; Hates to Lose (Common, Moderate)

15 Reputation: Crazy & Dangerous, 11- (Extreme)

10 Unluck: 2d6

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Background/History: Kira Menzinis-Murdoch grew up in Califorina with her mother, Mary Menzinis. She was told that her father was a lawyer in New York. Kira knew from a young age she was differnet from the other children. For one thing, she never got sick and she never broke any bones; even though she would climb any tree, jump her bicycle over anything, and skateboard down any slope. Her senses were super sharp, she could hear heartbeats, read with her fingers, and smell things from blocks away.

Because she realized she couldn't be hurt, she looked for more extreme thrills. Because she was talanted, she made money from endorsements. Her mother was overly cautious, always telling her to be careful. "Just because you can't be hurt, doesn't mean those around you can't be hurt. You must look out for others." Kira never paid her any mind until she caused a deadly accident during a motor cross race. Kria was not paying attention to what was going on around her and caused another racer to lose control of his bike and slam into her and other racers. There were some deaths and a some serious injuries, but Kira walked away without a scratch and no remorse for what had happened. Mary feared that her daughter was growing too reckless and unconcered for others, so she sent Kira to her father in New York, hopping Matthew Murduch would be able to teach his daughter responsiblity and control.

Matt was surprised to see the daughter he had never met showing up on his doorstep. He was quickly discouraged to find his own flesh and blood so self-centered and oblivious to those around her. He made her work in Hell's Kitchen as a voluteer to show her that others need help and he encourged her to join the Thunderbolts to learn teamwork. Only time will tell whether his lessons will have any effect.

Personality/Motivation: Kira is first and formost a thrill seeker. She acts before thinking and the more dangous the situation, the happier she is.

Quote: "Hello suger pie, I'm your distraction for the evening. Take your best shot."

Powers/Tactics: Kira uses her acrobatic agility to move around the battlefield quickly. She uses her invulnerablity to draw fire away from the rest of the team. She's still learning to work with others, so she will often rush in without waiting for her teammates or hearing what the plan is.

Appearance: Kira is a tall, attractive young woman with short brown hair and brown eyes. She keeps herself in excellent physical condition. She has a number of tattoos on her arms, ankles, back, and shoulders, which she shows off every chance she gets. As Reckless, she is dressed in red and black. She wears red boots, red leather shorts, and a red jacket. She does not wear a mask, perfering to show off any chance she gets.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Invincible

4 Years Ago:

Unexpected tremors shake New York, quickly followed by an alleged battle between at least two

superhumanly strong and durable individuals. Descriptions were sketchy, and names were not revealed to

the public.

1 Year Ago:

The teenage hero, 'Invincible', first appeared. Superhumanly strong, nigh-invulnerable, and immovable, he

was observed to assume a second, more powerful, form when confronted by a powerful foe. Gamma radiation

induced powers suspected due to the appearance of the second form.

6 Months Ago:

Invincible has all his secrets uncovered...

His hyperaging condition was presented first, as the strange fact that had led to the investigation. He

was revealed to be no more than five years of true age, catapulted into an adult world. The scandal

overlooked how well he had coped; attempts to publicize how Invincible spoke with maturity failed...

Then the reason for this overreaction was revealed - an enemy of Invincible's father, one who had lost

everything to his various criminal activities, had been manipulating public opinion, even stooping so low

as to use mental abilities to directly 'convince' some people to oppose Invincible.

The revelation of his parentage didn't help either.

The Juggernaught is still not terribly popular, after all.

Powers:

Invincible is strong, and has good reason to believe he is invulnerable. His inherited Gamma Mutation

seems to have accelerated his aging as a side effect.

He's reasonably clever at using his strength and resistance to harm.

There is, in fact, nothing else to be said on the matter.

Personality:

Aging rapidly enough that death is a prospect for the near future, Invincible tries to live life as best

and as much as he can. He trusts that someone will find a way to cure him soon enough, but doesn't worry

about them failing; there is just so much to see in the world, with every day a new beginning full of

wonder.

At least... consciously. Subconsciously, he's a kid who's afraid he's going to die.

90 STR 100

30 DEX 20

80 CON 50

30 BOD 25

3 INT 13

16 EGO 18

40 PRE 50

3 COM 16

0 PD 20

10 ED 20

10 SPD 4

40 REC 50

0 END 100

0 STN 100

===

20 Immovable: -10" Knockback Resistance

30 Infinite Power?: 30 points of Power Defense

45 Mystic Force Field: 15/15 Force Field, 0 Endurance Cost

45 Sustained By Magic: Full Life Support

20 That Big... That Fast: 16" Running

45 Toughness: 15/15 Armor

5 Cramming

3 Climbing 13-

3 Combat Driving 13-

3 Computer Programming 12-

3 Criminology 12-

3 Deduction 12-

3 Disguise 12-

3 Linguist

1 LS: French

1 LS: German

1 LS: Japanese

1 LS: Spanish

3 Scholar

1 KS: History 11-

1 KS: Law 11-

1 KS: Mythology 11-

3 Scientist

1 SS: Biology 11-

1 SS: Chemistry 11-

1 SS: Physics 11-

1 SS: Mathematics 11-

15 Distinctive Features: Big and Green

15 Physical Limitation: Huge and Bulky

15 Physical Limitation: Rapid Aging

20 Psychological Limitation: Code Against Killing

15 Psychological Limitation: Free Spirited and Frivolous

15 Psychological Limitation: Terrfied of Death and Aging

15 Social Limitation: Public Identity

Study in Silver and White

Background for Elizabeth Frost -- Argent -- mentalist daughter of Emma Frost

Emma Frost was sitting in front of the dressing table, painting baroque swirls of color on her eyelids. The pretty girl-child with pale, winter-sunlight hair dashed up to her and wrapped both arms around her waist. "You're so beautiful, Mama."

The stunning blonde woman looked down at her daughter and frowned faintly. Was she always going to be this...exuberant? The prospect was an unpleasant one. "Elizabeth, I have a meeting to attend and I am trying to get ready. Let go now."

Immediately Elizabeth dropped her arms from around her mother's slim waist. "Désolée, Maman. I didn't mean to get in the way."

"Nevertheless...." Emma started brushing out her silken shoulder-length hair.

Elizabeth watched her silently, all wide hazel eyes and wonder as her mother finished with her hair and put on her earrings. But when her mother fastened the white velvet choker with its diamond solitaire around her milk-white throat, the little girl couldn't keep quiet any longer. "Mama, why are you wearing jewels with your bathing suit? Is it a swimming meeting, Mama?"

Slowly Emma turned in her chair, her lovely face tight. "It is my right to wear the costume of the White Queen to meetings of my Club." And then, like a slap across the face, her mother's mindvoice in the girl's head: *And it is not a bathing suit*

^^^

Emma Frost and Elizabeth were at breakfast, seated at opposite ends of the long dining-room table. Both were immaculate, despite the early hour, in fashionable, expensive dresses with all the accessories. Emma set down her teacup and looked at her daughter. *Happy birthday, Elizabeth*

"Thank-you, Mother."

Emma raised an almost-invisible eyebrow. *Elizabeth....*

Elizabeth glanced down, then back up at her mother. "It is my birthday, Mother. Do I have to use the mindvoice today?"

Ungrateful, unruly...and these weren't even the teen years yet. *Mindvoice is a privilege given only to a few. It is not a punishment, it is a birthright and you must try to be worthy of it* A delicate rosy flush began to creep along Emma's elegant cheekbones.

"But Mother, couldn't we just talk out loud today, just this once? Please?" Elizabeth's eyes brimmed with tears that trembled along her lashes but didn't spill over; she knew better than to shed tears in front of her mother.

Emma shook her head, tight-lipped. *Elizabeth, I am very disappointed; you persist in trying to make yourself -- common. Do you think it's romantic, to bicker and bellow in the streets like a fishwife? Do you like the idea of shouting oaths and curses?* "If you wish to act like a peasant, then I shall treat you like one! Go...go out to the stable and stay there. And don't come back until you're prepared to behave properly."

Silently, Elizabeth pushed back her chair and stood up. She looked once at her mother, and Emma could read the anguish and uncertainty in her mind. And then it cleared. *Good day, Mother* 'said' Elizabeth, and walked out of the dining-room.

^^^

*Mother, where is Marie?* Elizabeth glanced into the Library and sped the mindvoiced question to her mother.

Emma looked up from her book. *Madamoiselle Favrèt has been dismissed*

*What? Mother, why?* Elizabeth walked into the room and stood in front of her mother, hands clenched at her sides. *What could she have done?*

*What indeed* Emma closed her book and set it aside on the mahogany end-table.

*Mother -- *

*Don't take that tone with me, Elizabeth. Why do you think that garrulous, superstitious young woman might have been dismissed from our service?*

Elizabeth's lips tightened in an expression very much like her mother's. *The prayers. You dismissed her because she taught me those prayers*

Emma's blue eyes sparkled. *'I am the master of my fate, the captain of my soul'...you should know that, Elizabeth. You have a mind and a will. You share my powers. You have no need of peasant charms -- *

*Prayers, Mother. Marie taught me 'The Lord's Prayer' and 'The Nicene Creed'...and you fired her for it! What are you so afraid of religious things?

Not a slap this time but the lash of a whip across her face. Elizabeth staggered back several steps and dropped to her knees. Emma was on her feet, fury in every line of her body. *I am not afraid, you little fool! I am disgusted.* "Now get out of my sight."

^^^

*Elizabeth!*

*Coming, Mother*

Emma heard her daughter coming down the main staircase, taking the steps two and three at a time, and shook her head. A faint smile played across her lips. Still exuberent, but just this once she was prepared to be indulgent. *In the study*

Elizabeth opened the study door from the bottom of the stairs and closed it behind her the same way, with a physical manifestation of the mindvoice commonly called telekinesis. Like a child with a new toy. Emma waved a hand towards the sideboard where two crystal wine glasses waited, and watched as Elizabeth chose one and brought it to her in a sparkle of silver.

Elizabeth raised the glass in salute. *Your health, Mother*

*And yours, Elizabeth* Emma sipped from her glass; the Gewurtstraminer was spicy and floral, but almost too sweet. *There is something for you on the desk.*

Elizabeth cocked her head, obviously curious, and set her glass down carefully on the octagonal occasional table. She walked over to the desk and stood looking at the black jeweler’s box lying on the blotter for a long moment before she picked it up...and opened it.

Inside was a tennis bracelet of emeralds and sapphires set in white gold.

*It’s...oh Mother, it’s beautiful* Elizabeth let the rare and precious chain slip back and forth between her hands, sparkling in the mellow afternoon light. *Is it...for me?*

Emma smiled. *Yes, it’s for you...to show how pleased I was with your behaviour at the Galtier reception*

Elizabeth looked up from the bracelet. *At the Galtier -- Mother, I don’t understand*

*When that loutish Ermonné was proffering his personal services as an investment counselor, and he managed to corner you by the buffet?* Emma smiled again, her eyes alight with malicious amusement. *And then he poured the Merlot over the chairman’s wife, and told her that he was a colossal pervert and waterfowl fancier...asked her if she wanted to fondle his decoy...oh, Elizabeth, it might have lacked sophistication, but I found his display absolutely delightful*

*You think I controlled him....*

Emma chuckled. *Well, he’d hardly have thrown his career and reputation away spontaneously. No, Elizabeth, your mental promptings of that imbecile were unmistakable...but sophistication is something we can work on, now that you’ve finally overcome your ridiculous aversion to the use of mental compulsion. And not before time, I might add*

*I...Mother, I didn’t do it. I don’t even remember the reception....*

Emma Frost’s smile disappeared, and her eyes turned cold as her name. *For your sake, Elizabeth, I sincerely hope you’re mistaken*

^^^

Non-Narrative Background for Argent and Noire

Elizabeth Frost is an affluent twenty-something private investigator with a spiritual calling that brought her to the Benedictine order of the Catholic Church as an oblate...what Elizabeth calls "a monastic out-patient". She credits the meditation techniques taught to her by the Benedictine monks with saving her sanity on numerous occasions, and her sanctity on at least one.

Elizabeth has a troubled family life, with a domineering and manipulative mother and a malicious twin sister. To make matters worse, the mother in question is Emma Frost, White Queen of the Hellfire Club and one of her generation's most powerful mentalists...and the malicious twin shares Elizabeth's body.

Emma Frost's repeated attempts to shape her daughter in her own image led to an on-going test of wills between mother and daughter. At an early age, Elizabeth rejected her mother's selfishness and assumption of superiority. She turned instead to her own ill-defined but very powerful belief in God...which further infuriated her mother. In the Frost household, everything was a contest, and Elizabeth spent most of her childhood struggling to maintain her own identity.

Like her mother, Elizabeth is a mentalist. She shares her mother's telepathic gift, with the additon of telekinetic abilities and projections (Force Wall). She absolutely refused to use or develop her Mind Control and Mental Illusions, based as the powers are on domination or deception of another person. But during puberty, Elizabeth began to suffer occasional strange "lapses". She'd find out later that during the blank spot she had been moving about and interacting, behaving more like her mother than ever before, even to the extent of using the powers that Elizabeth would not use.

In short, Elizabeth was developing a split personality.

Emma Frost used her mental powers to help develop and strengthen the "other side" of Elizabeth's psyche. That side -- as yet unnamed -- was as amoral as Emma herself, and shared her sense of superiority and lust for power. Emma had no trouble showing affection for this darker version of her daughter.

By the time Elizabeth left home to attend university, the personality split was well-enough established to persist, even away from Emma Frost. At the University of New York-Rochester, Elizabeth studied Divinity. She was still being troubled by the recurring "blank spots" caused by the shifting of her consciousness between her two personalities.

After graduation, Elizabeth became ever more interested in the Catholic Church and the monastic order founded by St. Benedict. She considered entering the Benedictine order as a nun, but finally decided that given the Benedictines' emphasis on service, she could serve her fellow man more effectively outside the monastery. She became an oblate, a spiritual seeker who follows the Benedictine code in the mundane world, and her monastic affiliation was with the Monastery of SS Peter and Paul in Rochester, NY.

The path of service led to Elizabeth deciding to "wear the tights" -- become a superhero. As a mentalist hero, she hoped to protect everyday people from the assaults of villain mentalists -- like her mother -- and perhaps redeem the reputation of mentalists in general. And by her service, Elizabeth deperately hopes to be able to repair some of the damage done in the world by the White Queen.

Elizabeth called herself Argent, a heraldic term meaning "silver", for the silvery sparkle that manifests when she uses her telekinetic powers, and for the encouraging connotations of bright, untarnished metal. However, the appearance of Argent had an odd effect on Elizabeth's "other self" -- the unnamed personality took on a name -- Noire, a feminine form of the French word for "black" -- and developed specific powers that Argent didn't have. Noire and Argent/Elizabeth also developed an intense rivalry.

Throughout Elizabeth's college career and beyond, Emma Frost had been paying a generous stipend into an account for her. Despite Elizabeth's repeated requests that she stop, Emma kept on doing it...and Elizabeth felt disgusted when she used any part of the money. So she found a job in her secret identity -- and donated Emma Frost's money to the Benedictines!

The emergence of Noire -- and the need to keep an eye on her activities -- led Elizabeth into the world of the private investigator. Given her abilities and mental powers, she was a natural as a PI, and she has been very successful. Elizabeth Frost is a Catholic PI with a rep, Argent is a mentalist superhero and Noire is...Noire. Not a nice person. She might help Argent/Elizabeth, but the price is always more than you'd want to pay.

Argent's character sheet:

http://www.castle-walls.org/stuff/Argent.html

Argent's HeroDesigner file:

http://www.castle-walls.org/stuff/Argent.hdc

Andromeda

Player: Thomas McManus

Val Char Cost

20/70 STR 10

23 DEX 39

33 CON 46

20/22 BODY 20

13 INT 3

20 EGO 20

20 PRE 10

6 COM -2

8/40 PD 4

8/40 ED 1

5 SPD 17

11/15 REC 0

80 END 7

50/52 STUN 3

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

4"/14" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 178

Cost Power END

49 Shape Shift (Sight , Hearing , Smell/Taste and Touch Groups, any shape), Imitation 5

128 Fantasic 4 Powers II: Multipower, 160-point reserve, (160 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Requires a Power Skill Roll to Change Slots; -1/4)

10m 1) FF Defenses: Armor (20 PD/20 ED), Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; Rock, Fire, Rubber, or ForceField; +1/4) (75 Active Points); Visible (-1/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 7

17m 2) The Thing: (Total: 94 Active Cost, 87 Real Cost) +40 STR, No Figured Characteristics (+0), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (50 Active Points) (Real Cost: 50) plus Armor (12 PD/12 ED) (36 Active Points); Visible (-1/4) (Real Cost: 29) plus +4 REC (Real Cost: 8) 2

2m 3) The Thing- Larger than Life: Growth (+10 STR, +2 BODY, +2 STUN, -2" KB, 320 kg, +0 DCV, +0 PER Rolls to perceive character, 2 m tall, 1 m wide), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (12 Active Points) 1

16m 4) Mr. Fantastic: Stretching 10", x16 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (81 Active Points) 3

2u 5) Mr. Fantastic - Stretch through things: Desolidification (40 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1), Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2) 4

8u 6) Human Torch Fire Blast: Energy Blast 16d6 (80 Active Points) 8

5u 7) Human Torch Flight: Flight 22", x32 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (80 Active Points); Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Flaming Trail 4d flame damage; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) 3

7m 8) Human Torch Flame Control: Suppress Flame 5d6, Cumulative (+1/2) (37 Active Points) 4

1u 9) Human Torch - Flaming Fist: Hand-To-Hand Attack +2d6 (10 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 1

8u 10) Invisible Woman: Invisibility to Sight Group and Mental Awareness , No Fringe, Ranged (+1/2), Usable Simultaneously (up to 8 people at once; +1) (82 Active Points) 8

9u 11) Invisible Woman: Force Wall (10 PD/10 ED; 4" long and 2" tall), Invisible to Sight Group (+1/2) (87 Active Points) 9

16m 12) Invisible Woman: Telekinesis (30 STR), Affects Porous, Invisible to Sight Group (+1/2) (82 Active Points) 8

20 Skrull Mind Tricks: Multipower, 40-point reserve, (40 Active Points); all slots Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Eye Contact Required (-1/2)

2u 1) Telepathy 6d6 ( Human & Alien and Additional Class of Minds classes of minds) (40 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Eye Contact Required (-1/2) 4

2u 2) Hypnosis: Mind Control 6d6 ( Human & Alien and Additional Class of Minds classes of minds) (40 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Eye Contact Required (-1/2) 4

2u 3) Psi Scream: Ego Attack 2d6, Continuous (+1) (40 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Eye Contact Required (-1/2) 4

10 Super-Skrull Enhanced Body: Elemental Control, 20-point powers

4 1) Quick Regeneration: Healing 1d6 (standard effect: 3 points), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) [Notes: No Healing Max (see FREd p. 120).]

8 2) Regenerative Coma: Healing 1d6 (standard effect: 3 points), Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Week, -4 1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; Character is totally unaware of nearby events; In Coma; -1 1/2), Self Only (-1/2) [Notes: No Healing Max (see FREd p. 120).]

12 3) Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Longevity: 200 Years; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) (22 Active Points)

Engineered to be Tough

5 1) Lack Of Weakness (-5) for Mental Defense

4 2) Mental Defense (8 points total)

5 3) Power Defense (5 points)

Powers Cost: 352

Cost Skill

Everyman Skills

0 1) AK: New York City 8-

0 2) Climbing 8-

0 3) Concealment 8-

0 4) Deduction 8-

0 5) English (idiomatic; Literate) (4 Active Points)

0 6) PS: Grifter (Everyman Skill) 11-

0 7) Paramedics 8-

0 8) TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles

3 Acting 13-

3 Bribery 13-

3 Conversation 13-

1 Computer Programming 8-

3 Disguise 12-

2 Forgery 12-

2 Gambling 12-

1 High Society 8-

3 KS: Grifts and Cons 12-

1 KS: Skrull 8-

3 Lockpicking 14-

3 Mimicry 12-

3 Persuasion 13-

15 Power: Fantastic Four Powers 18-

3 Seduction 13-

3 Shadowing 12-

3 Sleight Of Hand 14-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Streetwise 13-

3 Trading 13-

Skills Cost: 64

Cost Perk

3 Anonymity

Perks Cost: 3

Cost Talent

3 Simulate Death

Talents Cost: 3

Total Character Cost: 600

Val Disadvantages

10 Accidental Change: Panicked 11- (Uncommon)

10 Distinctive Features: Skrull (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Hunted: Super-Skrull 8- (Mo Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Mildly Punish)

5 Hunted: Mr. Carstairs - Criminal Mastermind 8- (Less Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

15 Hunted: SHIELD 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

15 Psychological Limitation: Doesn't Know Who He Really Is (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Distrusts Everyone (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Wants to Belong and be Appreciated (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Reluctant to Kill (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Won't Show Strong Emotion (Common, Moderate)

15 Social Limitation: Member of an invader Race (Frequently, Major)

10 Social Limitation: Permanent ID (Frequently, Minor)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 450

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

BACKGROUND

Father - Kl'rt, more widely known as the Super-Skrull, was a famous Skrull warrior selected by the Skrull Emperor Dorrek and artificially bestowed with replicas of the Fantastic Four's superhuman abilities, though at even more powerful levels, He also retained his innate Skrullian shapeshifting abilities. These abilities proved to be insufficient for defeating the Fantastic Four; nevertheless, he confronted them and other Earth superheroes on multiple occasions. Years after receiving his powers Kl'rt found himself exiled from the Skrull Empire and hiding on Earth under the guise of movie special effects guru Lon Zelig, awaiting contact from his Empress. During that time he met and had a tempestuous affair with Lillian Dee, an up and coming actress. He thought nothing of it as he knew, unlike other Skrulls, he was infertile with humans. Shortly after this happened the Super-Skrull attacked the Fantastic Four again and was exiled to the Negative Zone.

Mother - De'lila, a Skrull criminal. De'lila was hiding out from the Skrull authorities on Earth, a planet the Skrulls officially avoided. She had taken the form of an attractive young woman and was using her minor telepathic powers, as well as her favors, to help build a career as an actress. When she met Lon Zellig she immediately realized who he was. She almost panicked, then realized he was hiding out himself. She saw him as a ticket to fortune and power. She waited till her breeding time was upon her then seduced him. She knew at once the egg was fertilized, but before she had a chance to tell him who and what she really was, tying him to her with bonds of honor, he broke cover and attacked the Fantastic Four. When he was captured and exiled De'lila abandoned her plan, and when the egg was laid, she abandoned it too, literally tossing it in a dumpster as she made her way back to her spaceship to venture once more into space.

The egg hatched and the infant Skrull cried out in hunger and fear. A passing garbage man heard the cry and looked into the dumpster. He couldn't see what was crying beneath the paper and debris. He reached in and felt for the source. When his arm touched the infant, it automatically imprinted the shape. The man found a small dark haired baby boy clinging to his hand. The child was put into an LA County orphanage and given the name Leon Gabriel (for the garbage man who brought him in). Unlike so many others in his situation, Leon was quickly adopted by a wealthy, but infertile couple. Growing up things seemed to always go Leon's way. People went out of their way to be nice to him. They never knew it was a response to his unconscious mental manipulation. Unfortunately this meant the Leon grew up spoiled rotten. He came to expect everything as his due. The few occasions when he was not able to get his way often resulted in violent tantrums. Leon was 12 when one of his violent tantrums when horribly wrong. As he slammed about the room his arms grew big and rocky, then they burst into flames. Completely without control. Leon burned down his house with both his parents in it.

Leon ran far and fast at the sound of the sirens approaching the burning ruins. He knew he had killed his parents. And he knew what he was...a mutant. Leon ran from everything he had ever known and ended up with a man who called himself Fagan. Fagan taught boys like him, strays and runaways, how to survive on the streets. And in Leon Fagan found a ready student. He knew what he was doing was wrong. But he also knew he was an evil mutant. He was supposed to be doing wrong. That was the way it worked...wasn't it.

His powers did not manifest, at least not consciously. But he was able to get strangers to trust him and was perfect for Fagan's badger games. Eventually Fagan choose the wrong target and the police arrived. As the police were rounding up Fagan and the other boys, Leon disappeared. He literally became invisible and hid while the police took the others away. When he finally found some friends on the street they told him that Fagan had put out word that Leon was the stoolie that had blown the whistle. The recommended he never show his face in LA again. He took their advice. While hitching across the country he set out to consciously explore his powers - shape shifting, mind reading, persuasion, and invisibility. He knew there were others but he couldn't face them.

By the time he got to New York, Leon Gabriel was gone. In his place was Jackie Black, sometimes male, sometimes female, always the center of attention with suitors lining up to offer support and gifts. Until there was another fire.

This time Leon had nothing to do with it. It was at a club in Soho. Someone had been playing with matches. Jackie and her whole entourage were in the middle of the dance floor when the walls started crawling with flames. Screams and cries. Pushing and shoving. Jackie got scared and suddenly her arms were fifty feet long and punching a gaping hole in the ceiling. She started lifting people out of the hole. She lifted with her hands, and with her mind. And as the fire started getting higher and hotter, she wavered at it and it seemed to flow into her hands. They flamed, but did not burn. Wrapping the last dozen people in her long arms, she flew out of the hole. And that was the last seen of that particular Jackie Black.

The news was all about the new superhero that had save so many lives. Leon liked it. He didn't understand it or trust it but he liked it. So he decided to try some more. And thus was born Mr. Invincible . Leon used his shape changing to assume a hooded and caped form. He tried fighting crime but couldn't find much; until her hooked up with Mr. Carstairs. Carstairs was a semi-connected club owner that seemed to always know when and where drug deals, smuggling, and other organized crimes were going to happen. And he was willing to share the information with Mr. Invincible. Leon never really noticed that he couldn't read Carstairs' mind. So he wasn't aware Carstairs was actually targeting Leon at his criminal enemies. Leon finally found out when Carstairs overstepped and sent Mr. Invincible to harass an innocent importer that wouldn't cooperate with Carstairs' partners. Leon read that in his mind and realized he was being used. He stormed back to Carstairs club, but he man was gone. Soon after that there was another invasion, sort of. This time several Shi'ir were chased to Earth by the Imperial Guard. The renegades asked for political asylum, claiming to be republicans working to throw off the imperial yoke. Before the Earth;s leaders could decide what to do the Imperial Guard attacked. The fight above the UN drew every super in New York, including Mr. Invincible. But while fighting Oracle discovered Leon's secret and his true nature. In front of an international televison audience, she proclaimed him a Skrull, and forced him to take his true shape for the first time in his life. Then he disappeared. Again. And that was the end of Mr. Invincible.

Leon spent the next several months in the library studying all ther was to know about the Skrull. He could no longer deny who and what he was. And not just any Skrull, his particular powers branded him a Super-Skrull. He studied the original Super Skrull. He didn't think there was any way he could actually be the original, but some research showed that the original had been on Earth shortly before Leon's birth. The conclusion was obvious. The question was, what to do about it.

Leon decided he was not going to follow in his father's steps any ore. He was not going to be a villain. He liked the feelings he got from being a hero. But he knew he couldn't do it on his own anymore.

Thus was born Andromeda. And he started looking for a group he had heard rumors about on the street. A group selling redemption and a chance to really be a hero - the new Thunderbolts.

PERSONALITY

Leon is fragile. He has had a rough life and doesn't really know who or what he is. He doesn't trust anyone. And he can't ever remember being trusted. He is desperate to find a place. He needs the Thunderbolts to be that place, that family he lost so long ago. Normally he hides his fear and loneliness with a slick patina of cool indifference. He is trying hard to let that go. Whether he succeeds or not is yet to be determined.

POWERS/TACTICS

Andromeda has the shape changing powers common to his race, as well as his father's hypnotic ability and powers that mimic the original Fantastic Four's, as well as his mother's telepathy. He is street smart, but has no formal combat training and is only beginning to learn to use his powers.

CAMPAIGN USE

Andromeda is both a powerhouse and a novice. He has ties to the criminal underworld and to outer space. He is very versatile, but his lack of experience also makes him limited.

Thanks. I wanna be the Marvel Martian Manhunter! (Actually the Skrullian Skymaster (his worlds Super-Skrull) was the Squadron Supreme version of the MM.)

Actually Super Skrull always had hypnotic beams shooting out of his eyes. Well, not always . . . but you know what I mean.

RECKLESS

She seems very dangerous!

I have a question though... While it's obvious that she gained her physical skills from Daredevil, from whom did she inherit the incredible invulnerability.

Was her mother a super-powered criminal? If so, why did Matt hook up with her?

:thumbup:

Thanks. I wanna be the Marvel Martian Manhunter! (Actually the Skrullian Skymaster (his worlds Super-Skrull) was the Squadron Supreme version of the MM.)

Actually Super Skrull always had hypnotic beams shooting out of his eyes. Well, not always . . . but you know what I mean.

Yah, I always thought that ole SS should have done better in the villain game. He deserved a little more respect. :rolleyes:

Okay, the submissions as of now are,

McManus

Andromeda (metamorph)

Singularity (energy projector)

Haven Walker

Argent (mentalist)

WhammeWhamme

Invincible, (brick)

BunnySue

Reckless (martial artists)

GoldenAge

Echo (energy projector)

hooliganx

Eva Von Doom (powered armor)

Log

Stilt Girl (power armor)

radioKAOS

Nightstalker (martial brick)

keyes_bill

Batroc ze Fightaire (martial artist)

Wolf (martial brick)

DocSamson

Crusher (brick)

Squid

Electron (energy projector)

Enforcer84

Journeyman (brick)

casualplayer

Mole Girl (martial artist)

Pendaran

Invictus (martial brick)

Did I miss anyone?

Submissions are still open until tonight, and then tomorrow I'll make my choice.

This one's gonna be a toughy, as there are a lot of ways the team can go with such a diverse cast.