Starwolf's Fantasy Art

Starwolf

Re: Starwolf's Fantasy Art

Hmm... so no feedback? Or did the whole flock go south with Dan on his vacation...

Actually my next project I started on today is a pic of my friends Mage from an old campaign in the world of Kulthea. He is a half-human, half K'taa-Viir. I wil post it up in about a week.

Well, I have two comments and I hope you won't take the second one the wrong way.

1 - It's an excellent first attempt. My first try at 3D didn't turn out nearly that well. The pose needs a little tweaking, but it's acceptable as is. The lighting could also use some work... it seems a little washed out. Still, for a first attempt, it takes top marks.

2 - I have to wonder why you didn't post this in the Herophiles Art thread. No gripe... just wondering.

Well, I have two comments and I hope you won't take the second one the wrong way.

1 - It's an excellent first attempt. My first try at 3D didn't turn out nearly that well. The pose needs a little tweaking, but it's acceptable as is. The lighting could also use some work... it seems a little washed out. Still, for a first attempt, it takes top marks.

2 - I have to wonder why you didn't post this in the Herophiles Art thread. No gripe... just wondering.

Thanks for the comments, I have to definately work on the lighting. I think the washed out appearance happened when I resized the image so that I could upload it to the boards, but it could also be partly due to the lighting as well. I am also not really happy with the pose I think I possibly should have posed the left arm lower and more forward. I was trying to show blocking with the dagger while preparing a sword strike.

As to why I posted here vs the Herophiles Art Thread.... just a brain fart, it never actually occured to me at the time. I guess that's what I get for posting after 3 hours of sleep in the last 2 days.... :nonp:

But it's all good, thanks again for the critique, I need the input to know where to concentrate, so I can hone my skills. Now learn how to create/modify texture maps :ugly:

Hi there all,

Starwolf, I think it's not bad but she a bit stiff ,but if I could manage half what u did I would SO happy, My experience in 3D art was a real NOT-GOOD and "I whant to die" event in my life, I'm more of a 2D art person...

Try maybe to rethink the arm pose