OddHat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Five

Worth another bump.

What I like about the characters most is the background and interpersonal relationships you've developed. Much more valuable than a collection of numbers IMHO.

Although they ARE nice collections of numbers.

Thanks, always good to know people are reading them. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ah, I recognize those pics! :)

Good writeups, still looking through some parts, but as usual it's top-notch stuff.

Thanks! :)

They were fun to write, and from a campaign point of view they're a very useful team of entry level world beaters. They're also (imo) good examples of what high power 350 point characters look like.

Except Doomsayer, who's a good example of what not to let a PC get away with.

As to the actual GenCon game, while they filled their purpose, I wish I'd asked for a 6 hour slot. 4 hours was enough time to tell the story of the coming of Ygdrasil, but not really enough both to tell that story and for the New Circle to have a good, solid full issue battle with the Five. I'll adjust things differently at Dundracon if I run another New Circle game.

Now that you mention it' date=' I think your games would be great 6 hour events instead of 4. Though that's more work for you.[/quote']

Thanks, I think you may be right. I thought 4 hours worked well last year, enough time for two mook fights, one challenge fight, and one major villain fight at the end.

This year was planned out as openning with a major challenge fight, then going to an investigation (which could have lead to a mook fight), a mook fight, a challenge battle, and a final major villain battle. Stealth options and shortcuts were available, and every play group found at least one (not every group met the Limbots, not every group fought the Coulterites, not every group went to Greenland). It had to be cut much tighter to actually work in 4 hours, but that meant both cutting some combat time and leaving out some back story.

On the plus side, the players were happy with it, and that's the primary goal.

This year was planned out as openning with a major challenge fight, then going to an investigation (which could have lead to a mook fight), a mook fight, a challenge battle, and a final major villain battle. Stealth options and shortcuts were available, and every play group found at least one (not every group met the Limbots, not every group fought the Coulterites, not every group went to Greenland). It had to be cut much tighter to actually work in 4 hours, but that meant both cutting some combat time and leaving out some back story.

On the plus side, the players were happy with it, and that's the primary goal.

Please, I have got to know the Limbots and the Coulterites. :confused:

Please' date=' I have got to know the Limbots and the Coulterites. :confused:[/quote']

In this post, I mentioned:

No! The leaders of the world have been replaced by Clockwork Robots!

This was followed by a character sheet write up for Clockwork Robots.

As part of the Fiendish Plot of the Five, the world's symbolic leaders, key media figures, were replaced by Clockwork Robots.

The deadliest of these robots were the Coulterites and Limbots; both models were used for security in the Five's hidden city.

Complications included the fact that some of the media figures had been evil robots from the beginning.

As part of the Fiendish Plot of the Fearsome Five, the world's symbolic leaders, key media figures, were replaced by Clockwork Robots.

The deadliest of these robots were the Coulterites and Limbots; both models were used for security in the Five's hidden city.

Complications included the fact that some of the media figures had been evil robots from the beginning.

What a great idea!

What a great idea!

Thanks. :)

The game went well, and I reccomend the Five as a villain group. So long as you have a clear idea of who/what the entity the Five refer to as Ygdrasil is, they can be used for interesting takes on all sorts of world conquest plots.

• 1 year later...