AstroSynthesis?

bigdamnhero

Re: AstroSynthesis?

Get it.

My main claim to fame used to be as an expert on three dimensional starmaps. I have used almost all the existing starmapping programs and have written a couple myself.

But Astrosythesis is the program I wish I had written. It does it all, and does it easily.

More to the point of this forum, unlike other programs Astrosynthesis has features specifically for role playing games. Map object can have two kinds of notes attached to them: player notes and top-secret password locked game master only notes. The solar systems in the map can be output in list form as a series of html pages. These can be hosted on your website for the other players to access.

It can also do nifty things like plot trade routes and spheres of influence. Not to mention creating movies of looping around the 3D map.

It is worth every penny.

Is it just me' date=' or is their no price tag on that page?[/quote']

I'm sure the price is astronomical

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says if you have to ask, you probably can't afford it.

Hi Gents: I wanted to throw in my comment about Astrosynthesis. I personally think it take a LOT of commitment to use it. As it is in 3 dimensions I found it very hard to actually utilize it in my sessions or even to setup my megaverse. It is very hard to explain unless you really sit down with it for a while. My suggestion is to download the demo and play with it quite a bit before buying it. I bought it...messed with it for a month...then stopped using it. If you REALLY want 3D maps and are willing to work with it then Astrosyth is fine.

Just my take...