Help with SWAT

HEROWEAPON

Re: Help with SWAT

Well for a simple answer, AR15, H&K MP5, various brands of sniper rifle (sorry the PC term is now tactical rifle, snipers are bad :rolleyes: ), handguns are typically the same as the PD issues, various 9mm, 40 or .45 handguns.

GURPS did a SWAT supplement, if SWAT is going to be a big part of your game it might be worth getting, you could probably find it cheap on ebay since it was only about $15 when it came out.

The GURPS SWAT suppliment used a lot of info from my website - http://www.specwarnet.net/taclink

I'm currently a Sheriff's Deputy and a member of the Virginia Tactical Police Association, US Correctional Tactical Officers Association, National Tactical Officers Association, and South Carolina Tactical Officers Association. Feel free to ask whatever questions you want, and I'll do my best to answear them.

I'll also throw out a recommendation for GURPS Swat. I hadn't looked at the book in several years until a couple days ago, and was astonished at how much of it was old hat - but accurate old hat - as I've had a ton of 'first responder' or 'tactical' training (read: PC terms the city prefers instead of 'SWAT') since opening it last time. It's a good read on the subject - direct and to the point from a gamer's perspective. Get GURPS Cops, too, if you really want the whole police package.

I admit, I'm a GURPS (3e) junky AND HERO junky (can't a guy be both?) :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...