Disads only in Hero ID? Insight requested!

Vestnik

Hello Assembled Knight of Herodam,

Maybe one of y'all can help me on this. I'm building a character with the ever-popular OIHID limitation on loads of his purchases. Now, the idea here is that he actually "incarnates" another being within himself. The two beings actually have two minds, but the primary one (that of the base character) remains in charge 95% of the time. However, the longer he stays IHID, the more the second mind's personality extrudes itself (and it's a very bad personality -- it's a demon, in fact). Thus he would logically have a set of Disads representing the negative personality features of the second, demonic, mind, with the possibility of the latter breaking free if allowed out for too long of a period of time (a good reason not to stay IHID too long!). How would one purchase this? One obvious route would be to go with Multiform with Personality Reversion and other lims attached to it---but it seems odd to pay points for a power that actually limits the character.

Relatedly, is "Distinguishing Features: Looks Monstrous when in Hero Identity" "Not Concealable," "Concealable," or "Easily Concealable"? It can't be hidden while in HID, but you can always switch back...

Thanks for any and all input!

Re: Disads only in Hero ID? Insight requested!

I'd say the Distinctive Features is "Easily Concealable". To me, any Distinctive Features on an OIHID character is Easily Concealable by definition.

For the "demon mind" bit, maybe simulate it with Accidental Change. Something like "Accidental Change when in Hero ID for longer than 1 Minute" (or whatever). Give it a low roll, and he won't necessarily change immediately upon having met the change condition. But he'd be pushing his luck to try and stay in it too long.

Another possibility would be Side Effects. Give all of his Powers (or one of his major Powers) a Transform Minor Side Effect. (Transforms him into himself, but with a bunch of demonic Psych Lims.) The more he uses the power(s), the closer he gets to being transformed into Demon Boy.

When 2 minds are involved it is usually better to use Multiform instead of OIHID.

That's my intuitive guess, but it seems strange to pay points when 1) haveing the two minds is actually a limitation, 2) the second mind almost never shows up (it mostly just mutters in the background how much it hates to be used by this puny human), and 3) all the first mind's knowledge is retained by the second. Plus I want to spend the extra points. ;)

I'd say the Distinctive Features is "Easily Concealable". To me, any Distinctive Features on an OIHID character is Easily Concealable by definition.

For the "demon mind" bit, maybe simulate it with Accidental Change. Something like "Accidental Change when in Hero ID for longer than 1 Minute" (or whatever). Give it a low roll, and he won't necessarily change immediately upon having met the change condition. But he'd be pushing his luck to try and stay in it too long.[ quote]

Thanks for the feedback.

I have things built so that he had actually constructed "blockers" in the demon form to limit its power in the event it ever got loose (while also greatly limiting his own abilities when in demonoid form). I did this by buying his END down to 0 OIHID, then buying a 250 END END Reserve with the limitation that it loses 1/2d6 END per Turn spent in IHID (-1), recovers only when not IHID, which most of his powers OIHID bought with Increased END Cost. This will pretty much guarantee that any time spent in his pointy-headed, flame-breathin' form will be quite limited.