INT/EGO of a Machine Focus

Lxndr

So, I've got a character with power armor, very specifically defined as working as a result of his cyberkinesis. It's an Obvious Inaccessible Focus, per the rules, and that's totally okay, yay for that and all that jazz.

I've now got a villain who uses cyberkinesis. One of her powers is mental illusions (to machines). So she'd like to target the sensor suite of the suit, and basically cloud it to inoperability. What should I consider the int/ego of the suit be? Focuses have rules for determining DEF and Body, but I don't see any for determining INT/EGO, yet in this case it seems vital for the suit to have one.

Re: INT/EGO of a Machine Focus

If the suit has a built-in computer, you would of course use the Intelligence or Ego of that. Otherwise I would just use the character's Ego, declaring that since the SFX of his Enhanced Senses are machine-based they would be vulnerable to cyberkinesis.

Hmmm' date=' so his Mental Defense would also apply?[/quote']

Personally I would say so, unless it's Limited in some way to not work vs. cyberkinesis. OTOH if he has some MD that's innate and some that's part of his armor, you might rule that only one of them applies in this case.

Hmmm' date=' so his Mental Defense would also apply?[/quote']

I'd say no. It's not his own mind that's being attacked, it's the suit. He's able to control the suit and read it's sensors mentally, but that doesn't help protect the sensors. Then again, that's just my opinion. We don't have any real examples to go by. ;)

In this specific example, I'd say use the Character's EGO and Mental Defense. This is mainly due to the suit functioning off of his own cyberkinesis. If the character were just an ordinary joe wearing a normal suit of power armor, I'd treat it as INT/EGO 10 with Mental Defense equal to it's Active Points/5 (in the highest Active Point power).

How would the villain normally use her Mental Illusions vs. Machines? How would it work versus, say, building security cameras being monitored on a screen in a security guard room? What if it's being monitored by more than one person?

I probably wouldn't use MI for this power; more like Images with a limitation "Only when viewed through machines".

How would the villain normally use her Mental Illusions vs. Machines? How would it work versus, say, building security cameras being monitored on a screen in a security guard room? What if it's being monitored by more than one person?

I probably wouldn't use MI for this power; more like Images with a limitation "Only when viewed through machines".

I'm assuming (educated guess) that the suit in this case has sensors that relate information to the pilot. The Mental Illusions would provide those sensors with false information. The character is likely able to use his own senses at the same time and they might not perceive the same thing though (unless it's a completely enclosed suit with a view screen instead of a visor). It still might be effective if the suits radar picks something up the character can't see. Are the instruments faulty, or is there something invisible stalking about?