more PRE related powers

Oneway

when not in battle (ie surrounded by flaming mini dragons) i want this character to be "no threat here, no need to spare a second glance"

not being content to rely on FX;

what would be a good addition?

PS: "wallflower"?

Concealment, Stealth or Shadowing?

not sure i want to go as far as taking a power (ie Mind Control "don't hit me")

think having a 5 PRE would be good enough?

Re: more PRE related powers

probably a combo of things:

Social Limitation - one of the crowd. (sometimes they get over looked in line for coffee, at the same token no one looks her way when she walks down the street either).

Easily Overlooked Invisibility: Sight Group, Not In Combat, Only In A Crowd (or similar to better match the idea).

when not in battle (ie surrounded by flaming mini dragons) i want this character to be "no threat here, no need to spare a second glance"

think having a 5 PRE would be good enough?

Just keep in mind that "Not a Threat" to a supervillain might also = "Convenient Hostage" (or even "easy victim" for more mundane criminals). Do you want this character to be constantly getting taken as a hostage, mugged, and/or threatened with rape in normal ID because she looks to be "no threat"? (I know my own 4' 9¾" tall PC wouldn't; but with her 15 PRE virtually nobody will make that mistake. If they do, her martial arts will quickly persuade them otherwise.)

Based on your other thread on PRE, I'd rather suspect you're looking for a way to buy cheap Invisibility. I'm just pointing out it won't necessarily be cheap; the costs will just be different. If you want to be "unnoticible" as opposed to "easy victim" then as others have pointed out Invisibility with Limitations is the proper way to go about this.

I'd just add that mechanically, as a GM, I would not give a character direct benefits from selling down a stat beyond just getting the points, and I doubt that many GM's would. Maybe I'd allow the bad guys to ignore the character from time to time early in her career and in the first phase of combat, but as soon as she became known that would stop.

So, I'd say go with Invisibility, or Stealth + Acting + Concealment, if you want concrete advantages from the characters lack of PRE.

Just thought it could also be done using a Change Environment:

Always the Wallflower: Change Environment 1" radius, -4 to Hearing Group PER Rolls, -4 to Sight Group PER Rolls, Multiple Combat Effects, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (70 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Always On (-1/2), Limited Power Self Only (-1/2)

28pts

Just thought it could also be done using a Change Environment:

Always the Wallflower: Change Environment 1" radius, -4 to Hearing Group PER Rolls, -4 to Sight Group PER Rolls, Multiple Combat Effects, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (70 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Always On (-1/2), Limited Power Self Only (-1/2)

28pts

A good idea, but keep in mind the effects won't occue outside the 1" Radius, so it's a no go from across the room or across the street.

A good idea' date=' but keep in mind the effects won't occue outside the 1" Radius, so it's a no go from across the room or across the street.[/quote']

Well actually:

5ER p138 Under Self Only in Change Enviroment Power Description:

"...A character may take this Limitation (together with No Range (-½)) to define a form of Change Environment that only applies its combat effects with respect to attempts to affect or perceive him. The Limitation means the Change Environment doesn’t cover an area, only his person. For example, a character might have a “Stealth Suit” that imposes a -4 Sight PER Roll penalty on attempts to see him..."

So the effects occur whenever someone tries to percieve the character.

My rules fu is strong :D

Also if I recall there was something in the orignial character description about being forgettable? Why not just add negative INT modifiers to the change environment for events surrounding the character or something like that...

Comes to about 40 pts (39 points methinks)

One of the thoughts going through my head while thinking of PRE powers lie within the context of my WW:tA conversion. More specifically, there is a Gift that a Rokea (wereshark) can learn, called Parting the School. The effect would be something like an Enviromental Movement: Crowd or Desolid (Only Against A Crowd) that works on a sucessful PRE roll.

Wouldn't that be a nice power to have? Instantly dissapear through whatever press you'd like without using Invisibility. :D