X-Men "Elseworld" game

Brogahn

HEY FOLKS,

First off I want to say that I used to come here back when I was not addicted to WoW as GTAgamemaster. Hope no one holds any ill will..

Secondly I am sure I met some of you at this past years GEN CON INDY 2006.

I played in Mr. Currie's Super Squad America game. I played IMPACT in the qualifier where we earned a happier ending than most....and I was fortunate enough and greatly honored to be able to play Impact in the Finale as well.

(Heavy-set dark haired guy with a goatee and a passable pseudo Russian accent.... also played Myrmidon in the Unity vs. Eurostar game)

Okay so much for Introductions :D

I will be starting a HERO game based in an alternate Marvel Universe of my own meddling...

First off I want the Xavier Magnus Institute of Higher Learning to have been jointly created by Charles Xavier and Erik Magnus (Lenscher) ... forgive me I know I need to do some research.

I want there to have been one original band of X-men who had some tragedy that will have involved Xavier dying and possibly Jean Grey dying as well. The team would have disbanded and Magneato will have taken over the school and attempted to see that the dream never dies.

The characters I have so far are

Iceman (an older more mature Bobby Drake who was in the original X-men... he will be tasked as team leader.)

Colossus (Older still and the last of the Soviet Super soldier experiments in the "Omega" line....ie he has been modified)

Polaris (The protoge of Magneato... she uses a specail suit to enhance her capabilities... she has more of the movie Magneato limitations...)

Wraith (Shinobi Shaw.... the son of the Hellfire club's Black King... spoiled rich arrogant powerful density manipulator.

????? (Could be Forge, might be Box, not sure yet)

I want to use some different people in different roles. To show that this is not the same Marvel Universe. ie:

Frank Castle is the Current Incarnation of Captain America.

The Fantastic Four are comprised of

Dr. Fantastic (Hank Pym)

Mirage (Janet Pym)

Thing (John Jameson)

The Living Lightning (Ben Urich)

The Avengers were formed by Stark Enterprises

they have over 10 members including

Lightbringer (Reed Richards + Quantum Bands)

Thor

Iron Man (Tony Stark Fully incased inside... the T Starks that everyone thinks is around is actualy a Shield LMD)

Dr. Octopus

Blackwidow

Goliath

Nova

Namorita the Submariner

etc... etc...

So thats just a sample. I was hoping to get some ideas on some other fundemental changes that might be fun and why. What kinds of shake ups could be good. If I get enough response I will elaborate on my ideas for current state of mutant affairs, the true super powers on the planet and where other Key X-people may or may not be.

Thank you

Brogahn

Re: X-Men "Elseworld" game

Thank you for the interest.

Uhm lets see. I want Steve Rogers as president it was publically known that he served as Captain America in WWII.

There may be 9 sentinels active used in conjunction with US ARMY Guardsman to combat super powered threats. (The sentinels are not on a mutant hunting spree yet)

I am looking for some other general twist on the Marvel Universe that may make this game familliar but different. I have not been an active avid reader of Marvel since 1995....

So just give me some Ideas or things you would find interesting. I hope that helps.

Thank you

Brogahn

What is the status of the Hulk situation? How was it resolved?

Has Galactus ever visited?

What of other alien races?

Who is the Sorceror Supreme?

Where is Thor? What is the relationship of the gods with your version of the Marvel U?

Good Questions OzMike

The Hulk? Hmm well I am thinking of a four armed monstrosity based on physical fusion of flesh between Banner and Rick Jones. Perhaps Banner did not go out to stop the youth from crossing. Could anyone clue me in about the Ultimate Universe's HULK orgin...it may be helpful.

No, As of now I will not have had Galactus visit the earth. Or at least it is not common knowledge. I would prefer to save that ...perhaps a Phoenix Force/ Galactus clash would be in order.

The Skrull would have made an attempted invasion. I very much wish to use the brood in future encounters. The Kree and Shiar may have interacted with the Fantasitc Four of this verse...but not the X-Men... least not yet.

The Mantle of Sorceror Supreme... Well lets have Dr. Strange dead because of his ill fated car accident.... Whom does that leave? I may have to do more research. Victor Von Doom ... the benevolent leader and Defender of Latvaria. (Dr. Victory perhaps?)

These are wonderful questions. I did a great deal of research on Sinister recently and I believe I want him to be the supreme arch nemesis. I very much wish to tie him in with the Red Skull as they would have been colleagues during WWII. The Cytorak gem is currently on display along with many other Korean Antiquities... I do not know who I mean to claim it yet.

HERE is my version of the HELL Fire Club

White King: Justin Hammer

White Queen: Susan Storm

White Bishop: Donald Pierce (Worlds leading Cyberneticist)

White Knight: Jamie Madrox (Shield Trained scary spook type)

White Rook: Caine Marko (Runs a Mutant Talent Agency)

Black King: Sebastian Shaw

Black Queen: Lady Mandarin (not Psylocke but wearing the rings: Not sure who yet)

Black Bishop: Wilson Fisk

Black Knight: Remy Lebeau (Leader of the Assasins and Thieves Guild)

Black Rook: Mordred

If you have questions or coments I would love to hear them.

Thank you

Brogahn

My opinion? Forget Remy LeBeau. He's almost as overused, overexsposed, and over-rated as Wolverine. Almost. Instead, use Taskmaster. Awesome character, can take on the Avengers single-handed, smart as Hell, and he's a mutant to boot.

Good Questions OzMike

The Hulk? Hmm well I am thinking of a four armed monstrosity based on physical fusion of flesh between Banner and Rick Jones. Perhaps Banner did not go out to stop the youth from crossing. Could anyone clue me in about the Ultimate Universe's HULK orgin...it may be helpful.

No, As of now I will not have had Galactus visit the earth. Or at least it is not common knowledge. I would prefer to save that ...perhaps a Phoenix Force/ Galactus clash would be in order.

The Skrull would have made an attempted invasion. I very much wish to use the brood in future encounters. The Kree and Shiar may have interacted with the Fantasitc Four of this verse...but not the X-Men... least not yet.

The Mantle of Sorceror Supreme... Well lets have Dr. Strange dead because of his ill fated car accident.... Whom does that leave? I may have to do more research. Victor Von Doom ... the benevolent leader and Defender of Latvaria. (Dr. Victory perhaps?)

These are wonderful questions. I did a great deal of research on Sinister recently and I believe I want him to be the supreme arch nemesis. I very much wish to tie him in with the Red Skull as they would have been colleagues during WWII. The Cytorak gem is currently on display along with many other Korean Antiquities... I do not know who I mean to claim it yet.

HERE is my version of the HELL Fire Club

White King: Justin Hammer

White Queen: Susan Storm

White Bishop: Donald Pierce (Worlds leading Cyberneticist)

White Knight: Jamie Madrox (Shield Trained scary spook type)

White Rook: Caine Marko (Runs a Mutant Talent Agency)

Black King: Sebastian Shaw

Black Queen: Lady Mandarin (not Psylocke but wearing the rings: Not sure who yet)

Black Bishop: Wilson Fisk

Black Rook: Mordred

If you have questions or coments I would love to hear them.

Thank you

Brogahn

There was an issue of Excalibur where the Phoenix and Galactus fought - it was pretty cool.

Wikipedia is your friend when it comes to researching for this type of thing.

A lot of the questions I have are regarding the cosmology - how have demons and such (e.g. Mephisto) interacted with your MU? Things like that.

Also if the Kree have interacted, what of the Inhumans?

And then there is the Eternal/Deviant question... and are the Celestials in existence?

I second the Gambit resolution. And why not have it be someone unexpected, like Nightcrawler, instead?

Anyway, good luck with it all.

My advice is to flesh out broad background, but leave the details fluid. Who knows - someone may come up with an interesting background that twists things for you. Also use wikipedia to checkout the storylines of the what if? series... a great source of alternative ideas.

All I have to say is

:DTHANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU:D

I greatly appreciate the input and advice. Allow me to adress some concerns raised.

As far as Doc Ock, all I feel I need to do is look at the character and the nature of his accident and possible his up bringing and tweak it a lil. If he had been given an opportunity to do something Heroic, if he had friends that rallied behind him instead of feeling shunned. Thats just my take on it.

Dr. Viktor Von Doom or Dr. Victory (and yes please do look up that comic where he was a good guy) A small simple alteration of not having his mother fall into the clutches of Mephisto would seem in order. Maybe some other events as well... mayhaps he too shall be the Sorceror Supreme.

Whoever it was that spoke up about the INHUMANS.... god bless I think I just found Mr. Sinister's New Playground. (I think geneolgoy and the 'planned' superhuman traits would amuse him.)

Deviants and Eternals...they may very well be around but they may not be in the X-men's scope of things to interact with.

In an eary Excalibur book, there was an extremely dangerous version of Nightcralwer mentioned...an assassin trained by the Red Skull....I think I will go with that.

I understand that Remy Lebeau has been very well used since his introduction... I needed a powerful underworld figure with his own capabilities and resources. Taskmaster would be great especially if he came with a host of thugs that he had trained. Then he could do what I envision the Black and White Knights doing...providing security.

By the By.... Sebastian Shaw helps to bank Roll the Xavier Magnus Institute of Higher Learning. They are power brokers not necessarily all bad but certainly not charitiable and benevolent.

Spiderman does exsist...more or less as he is now. (I did another campaign where Peter Parker was recruited by Shield and Trained to be SPYDER and his clone Ben Reilly became Spider-Man... they had strained alliance... I do not want to go that route again though)

Okay so anyways please keep the ideas and comments flowing... this is really helping me!!

Thank you

Brogahn

Found it and in it he calls himself Doom. His armor is pretty much the same except its golden and his helmet looks like a knights helmet that doesn't cover his face. In this comic the thing that changes is that in college he listens to Reed Richards and gets his help fixing his machine. The machine lets him send his soul to hell where he encounters his mother's soul. She tells him how she didn't get to confess before being killed for witchcraft. She also tells him that he is the rightful heir to the throne of Latveria.

Victor then leaves college and starts a search for the occult knowledge he'll need to rescue his mother's soul. He eventually finds it and frees her soul from hell. Then he returns to Latveria where he confronts Prince Rudolfo and takes his kingdom from him.

Then he helps the people with his technical genius, giving them robats to work their fields and cutting laser, things like that. The people love him.

Then on his wedding night Mephisto confronts him for taking his mother's soul from hell. Mephisto plays with Victor and Victor tries to fight him, but he is hopelessly overpowered. Mephisto tells him he must give him a soul to replace the one Doom stole. He gives Doom a choice, he can give him Valeria's (his wife) soul or he can give him Victor's own soul. Victor agonizers over it but chooses to give Mephisto Valeria's soul.

Every year from then on Doom tries and fails to rescue his wife's soul