Unofficial Handbook to the Champions Universe

lynnlefey

Re: Unofficial Handbook to the Champions Universe

So, again, I'm thinking 6 pages for one hero group, 4 pages of solo heros, 6 pages for villian group, 6 pages solo villians, and 6 pages dedicated to organizations. This might change from one issue ot the next, if this becomes a series, but I think it would give a good mix of stuff for use in champs games.

This is still open to input though.

Just what do you mean by "organizations"?

Since you're already got hero teams and villain teams, I'm wondering what else you had in mind...

Organizations would be things like UNTIL or VIPER. They would be those secret research facilities, mysterious power-broker organizations, criminal organizations, private clubs of ultra-elite, and the like, not necessarily with superpowered members. There would likely be a crossover between solo or team groups and organizations. An organization might have two or three associated powered folk, or maybe lots of thugs with high tech equipment.

While I don't want to venture into the realm of writing adventures, It'd be great to give adventure hooks, and organizations can be great for generating hooks.

• 9 months later...

I'd buy that for a fiver! Two suggestions:

Hello all,

This is my first post on these boards. I'm posting because I have an idea brewing. That idea is the tentatively titled 'Unofficial Handbook to the Champions Universe'. The idea would be this: Create a comic book in the style of the 'Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe' with characters submitted by players. Each writeup would have a picture, stats, history, etc.

I am a comic colorist myself, and know where to find lots of up-and-coming pencilers and inkers, to get really first-rate art for the project.

Since this idea is still in the planning stage, I'd like to hear whether folks would be interested in such a project. You could get to share your characters with other Champions players, and for only a few bucks (I'm guessing around 3 dollars per book) GMs could pick up something with 28 or so characters, organizations, whatever, to fill in gaps in their world.

Any ideas or comments?

That sounds great! i'd definitely buy one. I have two suggestions for general consideration:

(1) Do it as an e-book only, at least at first, to ease distribution and printing and bypass shipping costs.

(2) Do it as a series (in true 'comic book' fashion) with "Issue #0" being the first one with maybe the best ten or fifteen submissions (or the ones with the ten best art, either way) per "issue".

And personally, even if it was an e-book with no shipping cost, I'd still pay $5 in the hope that the people doing all the work of organizing it and the artists would still be able to make a buck off sales...

Except this was posted over 6 months ago. I assume the status of this is this guy dropped off the face of the Earth. Not that I see an issue... crazy projects like this get forgotten all the time. It would have been neat to see it happen...

Except this was posted over 6 months ago. I assume the status of this is this guy dropped off the face of the Earth. Not that I see an issue... crazy projects like this get forgotten all the time. It would have been neat to see it happen...

Actually I think the project died because of lack of character submissions - there was another thread somewhere about it. And of course RL got in the way as soon as it had an opening.

Due to lack of interest in this project (I think I recieved seven characters), I've let the project drop.

It may get revived some day, but as of now, it's dead.

The other thread is here.