Ghost Archer! Explain this please!

Truthsayer

Re: Ghost Archer! Explain this please!

I'd think the side effect reads that the beam is on if the visor is off. Well, if there's no ruby quartz coverings and his eyes are open. Seems to simulate his little control problem fairly well, y'know?

It probably looks a little confusing since people tend to use shorthand when writing up fairly well-known characters. After all, it is a writeup of a character with some easily documentable disads.

Ok' date=' I knew I saw it somewhere, and[i'] I mistaked this question for killer shrike. The cyclops on your website. What is the side effect? [/i]

http://x-men.the-wild-hunt.org/cyclops.html

I can't figure it out.

csyphrett and Superskrull hit the nail on the head. Environmental damage is all. Perhaps I'll add a note to the page.

I believe it is out of favor with Steve et al, but I have always liked the variable limitation route -1/2 Variable Limitation ((a) OAF - Battle Visor (-1); (B) Uncontrolled or © Side Effect (Blind)). You basically set the Variable Lim with the possible disadvantages and the player cycles between them. It seems less clunky than buying off the lim with a focus IMHO.

I had a Force Field character with this type of disad that worked pretty well. Unfortunately, that campaign ended pretty quickly so I was not able to pressure test the design.

For Cyclops' date=' you could by his Optic Blast with "Uncontrolled", then buy a naked modifer to buy off the Uncontrolled, but make it OIF or OAF: Visor. Thus, without his visor, his Optic Blasts cannot be controlled and fire off, destroying everything he's looking at.[/quote']

Uncontrolled is an Advantage. You probably mean No Conscious Control, probably as a variant at the -1 Level.

However, the version "Uncontrollable Eye Blasts" presented in the Champions Genre book sidebar works best IMO.