Lord Laiden and Steve ! Help with Multiforms for Dyslexics

TheQuestionMan

I'm having trouble with Multiforms . A 350pt. Character with x5(6)300pt. Multiforms costs how much .

350pt. Base ( 300pt. Multiform costs 60pts. )

300pt. Alternate Form-1 x2( +5pts. )

300pt. Alternate Form-2 x2( +5pts. )

300pt. Alternate Form-3

300pt. Alternate Form-4 x2( +5pts. )

300pt. Alternate Form-5

Is that right ? . Thanks from a dyslexic Herophile .

E.

If I get what you're asking, you have a 350 pt. character as the Base form, and you want him to have five alternate 300 pt. forms. Is that correct?

You're right that one 300 pt. Multiform would cost 60 pts. Each doubling of the # of forms is an additional +5 pts.; two doublings would bring you to 10 pts., and you'd need another +5 to get to five. So, your Multiform comes to 75 pts., added to your base form for a total of 425 pts. for the character.

BTW, I can understand your calling for help from Steve, but why pick me specifically? I'm flattered, but hardly a guru compared to some folks here. (Unless you were actually asking for "Lord Laiden" instead of "Lord Liaden".) ;)

The x2 Forms for +5pts is Confusing

Tom , thanks for the help .. I guess I need to ask the question better . It's not about the Point totals . It's about the "x2" .

2x1= 2 ( for +5pts )

2x2= 4 ( for +5pts )

2x4= 8 ( for +5pts )

2x8= 16 ( for +5pts )

2x16= 32 ( for +5pts ) That's a lot of Multiforms !!! ( But , one way to play all those characters you've ever designed ;) .

300pt Multiforms with Limitations of coarse ( It's a 350pt. Campaign after all ) .

Steve may be the Hero Guru 'round these parts , but you Lord Laiden you articulate your writing so well and some posters answers come out like math word problems .

My understanding is this:

If your base character pays 60 points, he can change into one other form, that form costing 300 points. For 65 points, he can change into one of two other 300 point forms. For 70 points, one of 3 or 4 other 300 point forms. For 75 points, he can change into one of some 5 to 8 other 300 point forms. Arguably, by the time you hit 85 points, you have a form for just about any eventuality.