Antarctic Vibranium

teh bunneh

How would you write up the Marvel Universe's "anti-metal metal"?

I'm thinking a DEF Drain, long recovery time (long enough that it doesn't matter in game terms -- 10 years or something), AoE Radius, Only vs. Metals. Yes? No?

I was considering an RKA only vs. metal, but IIRC it doesn't actually destroy the metal, it just makes it extremely fragile... but I could be misremembering.

Re: Antarctic Vibranium

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibranium

The Antarctic variety of vibranium produces' date=' rather than absorbs, vibrations; these vibrations liquefy all metals that come into contact with the substance, up to and including the otherwise indestructible metal known as adamantium. Large samples of Antarctic vibranium have caused metals that were merely near them to liquefy.

I don't think the long duration would be needed. I don't think it's been addressed in comics, but I always assumed the liquified metals re-solidified not too long afterwards, but by then the tank, whatever was a useless slab.

I also don't think that it's ever been addressed what happens if antarctic vibranium (which makes vibrations) and regular vibranium (which absorbs them) come into contact...if the absorption would trump AV's normal effect or not.

Transform (solid metal to liquid) probably more accurate, DEF drain probably more practical from a gaming standpoint. Both assuming that the metal in question isn't loaded with Power Defense. Maybe NND Drain? :ugly:

In practical terms any object made of metal is rendered useless, so I don't think we need to worry about what happens to it if and when it solidifies again. Also, the vibrations from anti-metal are blocked by a moderate thickness of stone, concrete or similar material (at least a few inches).

I would go with a RKA, AOE, NND Does BODY (vs stonelike barrier), Only Vs Metal.

Depends on the SFX.

A small lump of the stuff can probably be designed as a 1d6HKA,NND Does Body, O END Only vs Metal. You can use it to smash through any metal given time.

A big chunk of the stuff becomes 4d6KA, AOE:R, NND Does Body, 0 End, Continuous, Uncontrolled, Only vs Metal. It'll melt a tank in a turn or two.

Coating your weapon with it gives you the option of purchasing the weapon with something like Double Penetrating, Only Vs Metal, and Drain PD/DEF only vs Metal Armor.

I agree with Serpent. I don't think the liquification continues after you remove the vibranium (i.e. a body drain or attack is too permenant). I think a limited Transform or a UAO Desolidification will do the trick.

[edit] If you did want to use BODY, such as for tracking purposes, A BODY Suppress may be appropriate.