Absolutely Indestructible?

Dale A. Ward

Re: Absolutely Indestructible?

This actually brings up a question I have mulled over in my head. An unbreakable focus could be very useful in many respects, but how to model it? Power tricks?

OK - hypothesize an unbreakable staff used by a Martial Artist. In addition to kicking copious amounts of butt, could he not olso use the staff to brace open a heavy door? Pry open just about anything he could wedge the staff end into? With sufficient bracing, could he used it to stop an oncoming car (assuming a good hit on the right spot on the car, and good bracing on the other end)? The possibilities of an indestructible lever are endless. How to model this?

Hmm... How about Power Skill, but instead of building Powers into the staff, you could modify the Active Points of whatever you're using the staff against? For example, the DEF of the object you brace the staff against could be used to resist the damage of an impact, or be translated into a comparable amount of STR to hold something in place.

"Bricks! Pay attention! The next 60 seconds could change your life!"

"I didn't come here to make you laugh, I came here to sell you something. The amazing Mastertool Corporation, ace subsidiary of Fly-By-Night Industries, has entrusted who? Me! To show you the handiest and the dandiest kitchen tool you've ever seen, and don't you want to know how it works!

"Well first you get out some ordinary apples. You place the ordinary apples between the patented pans. Then you next get out the tool that is not a slicer, it's not a dicer it's not a chopper in a hopper, what the hell could it possibly be? It is Sledge-O-Matic!"

This actually brings up a question I have mulled over in my head. An unbreakable focus could be very useful in many respects, but how to model it? Power tricks?

OK - hypothesize an unbreakable staff used by a Martial Artist. In addition to kicking copious amounts of butt, could he not olso use the staff to brace open a heavy door? Pry open just about anything he could wedge the staff end into? With sufficient bracing, could he used it to stop an oncoming car (assuming a good hit on the right spot on the car, and good bracing on the other end)? The possibilities of an indestructible lever are endless. How to model this?

Power Skill: Indestructible Focus.

Though I didn't immediately think of using Power Skill, I love the idea. If your Focus is defined as indestructable, and happens to be of a useful shape, like that of a tool of some kind (such as the handy dandy stick or lever), you still probably aren't going to be using it for things like holding a door open or balancing a truck on the tip of it very often. The established mechanic for doing things you should reasonably be able to do, but don't do very often if Power Skill.

Also personal immunity bought as a power (naked modifier) usable as attack area 1 hex mega scale planet 0 END persistent always on. that way everything that could hurt it' date=' it becomes immune to thus making it indestrucable. a more cost effective manner of doing it and creative if you ask me.[/quote']

Oh no! I've gone cross-eyed!

;)

Good grope, but that would only make everyone on the planet immune to their own attacks. The object making the planet-wide change would still be affected by attacks that did not originate from itself.

Guest TheUnknown

Oh no! I've gone cross-eyed!

;)

Good grope, but that would only make everyone on the planet immune to their own attacks. The object making the planet-wide change would still be affected by attacks that did not originate from itself.

No it would give the character/Object with this power immunity to all powers/attacks that originate within the range (the World) thus making you personally immune to every attack that comes your way.