Ultron

teh bunneh

Re: Ultron

The Molecular Rearranger is one of a very few tools that can be used to work adamantium after it cools. Ultron has it incorporated into his body so he can make modifications as he needs to. The normal joints of his body allow him to move without it.

Once the Scarlett Witch activated it against his will, made an opening in his armor. The next time he faced her he took the precaution of taking it out, and as a result was unable to free himself when he was thrown into a rapidly cooling vat of molten adamantium.

The real trick is how to convey Ultron's virtual invulnerability to physical harm. The last time I addressed the issue I tried writing Ultron up as an AI' date=' with all of his Powers bought as Unbreakable Foci. Never had a chance to run him, though. :([/quote']

Yeah, someone really should have smacked Hank Pym in the back of the head for that.

Hey' date=' don't blame Hank for Ultron's adamantium bod. Ultie came up with that on his own.[/quote']

I guess my Avengers trivia knowledge doesn't go back far enough. I mostly read the book when Perez was on it in the late 70s. By that point, Ultron was already like that. I always knew Pym was responsible for his creation, but I guess he came in another flavor first. I bow to your superior geek-fu. :hail:

Well, to keep the geekism flowing ;) : Pym first created Ultron as a relatively primitive, non-humanoid robot. It rebelled against him, and hypnotized Pym to forget its creation. Ultron then went through a series of upgrading rebuilds, confronting the Avengers the first time as "Ultron Five". Its next incarnation, "Ultron Six," was the first adamantium-bodied one.