SO much new art at the Forte site!

oconnellmd

http://forteuniverse.com/forte2000/forte2kgallery-art.htm

Just realized I hadn't shared in quite a while...and I love sharing art! We've packed the gallery at the Forte 2000 campaign site (mostly from eBay artists), and there's a lot of goodness to be seen. Check it out!

And also, feel free to check out the whole ForteUniverse site. No, still no stats (sorry), but lots of cool stories and game reports to read, so I hope you might give some of them a try:

http://forteuniverse.com/index.html

But if too much reading without sheets to back it up ain't your thing, that's cool...at least check some art out. Eye candy is keen. Hope you enjoy.

Michael O'Connell

Re: SO much new art at the Forte site!

After looking through the site' date=' I think I actually played with you guys once! It would have been around the late 80's early 90's I think. Did you guys play at an apartment around the Sunrise area?[/quote']

Yeah, that was us. How about that. :) If it was just once, it was probably during our transitional period between the original Paragons game and the later Forte game. We had a couple of games in the middle there that didn't quite go the distance, and a few guest players (mostly friends of Jeff Baumgardner) who joined us. Familiar with Jeff...or remember who you played?

I was there with my friend Travis Bowman. I think I played an Iceman clone that I whipped together at the last minute.

Were you the one that also had the big bash at the Folsom Community center? I think it was a 21st birthday celebration, but it has been a while and the party is a bit clouded.... we won't go into the details. ;)

I think the game that was being played involved a Dalek invasion... IIRC.

I was there with my friend Travis Bowman. I think I played an Iceman clone that I whipped together at the last minute.

Were you the one that also had the big bash at the Folsom Community center? I think it was a 21st birthday celebration, but it has been a while and the party is a bit clouded.... we won't go into the details. ;)

I think the game that was being played involved a Dalek invasion... IIRC.

What am I, on "This Is Your Life"?! Yeah, that was my party, all right. :) Funny, I was just talking with an old friend about that party during Super Bowl. How if you had to pick out one day as the best day of your life, that was probably mine. Everyone from every part of my life--different groups of friends, every side of my family--was there in one place. Normally, you don't get to have that kind of experience until your funeral, and then you're not really able to enjoy it (you're too busy decomposing...). That was an amazing night. And apparently, even a few gamers snuck in that I'd forgotten about. ;)

If Travis is the one I'm remembering, I think he played "Slayzer". Which is funny, because I've had that character occasionally reappearing in Forte-world fiction and such over the years. Forte is part of the same game universe that you played in, so, therefore, Slayzer (and your Iceman clone) are part of the overall history. And if I AM remembering the right guy...great guy. Enjoyed gaming with him a number of times. Haven't seen him since the game, though. And yeah, I do remember the Dalek thing. What can I say? K.C. (the GM) was a Who fan...

LOL And the world just got a little smaller... :D

Slayzer sounds like a name Travis would have made. I'm guessing some sort of Heavy Metal motif maybe? I'll have to go look through the fan fic stuff and see if I can find him.

BTW, the party was indeed awesome, but as I said, that is about all I remember. ;) I do remember the reason why it was put on though, and I think that was really cool. It is great to see that that reason remains true. :) Thanks for the flood of memories. That was cool.

LOL And the world just got a little smaller... :D

Slayzer sounds like a name Travis would have made. I'm guessing some sort of Heavy Metal motif maybe? I'll have to go look through the fan fic stuff and see if I can find him.

BTW, the party was indeed awesome, but as I said, that is about all I remember. ;) I do remember the reason why it was put on though, and I think that was really cool. It is great to see that that reason remains true. :) Thanks for the flood of memories. That was cool.

Yeah, I remember the joke was always "Um...that's your HERO name?" Hate to think what his villain name would be... Does kind of sound like a band that...well, let's be honest, *I* would have listened to back during that time (I lived the hair band lifestyle for a couple of years there). I can't remember how many times Slayzer pops up in the post-campaign tales (I THINK it's more than once...), but the one I know for sure is this one off the Forte Expanded Universe site:

http://forteuniverse.com/forte-eu/jericho1.htm

That was a game report from an AWESOME Comic-Con game (and I'm not just saying that because I co-GM'd it!) in 1998 that joined up four different campaign worlds. Major fun. But by all means...feel free to rifle through everything to try and find more Slayzer. :)

And feel free to watch the community center for extra cars in the parking lot in about a year and a half. Just in case they do the same thing for me on my 40th birthday... :thumbup:

Hehe... that was definitely Travis alright. He always came up with 'interesting' names.

Thanks for the link!

I hope they do, and by my calculations that would mean that I wasn't quite 21 during the first party... :hush::sneaky::whistle:

Hehe... that was definitely Travis alright. He always came up with 'interesting' names.

Thanks for the link!

I hope they do, and by my calculations that would mean that I wasn't quite 21 during the first party... :hush::sneaky::whistle:

Okay, and the world gets smaller...

So I'm at the office today, outside having a smoke with a co-worker of mine, chatting away about how crappy our jobs are. And who should come walking out of my building and spot me?

Travis.

I'm not kidding.

Haven't seen him in almost 20 years. So what happens just a couple of days after we start talking about him here on this board? He happens to be delivering roses in my building for Valentine's Day (as a job. He's not a stalker or anything...), and coming back out just as I'm taking a quick smoke break. And he recognizes me right away. And even weirder, turns out he knew my co-worker, too. Neither of us had time to talk much, but he did mention "Slayzer" (heh), and I gave him one of my Nice Guy cards for my comic site so he could drop me an email there. Hope he does.

Does the universe just rock? Or is Sacramento just WAY too small?

:thumbup:

DUDE this is getting really freaky!!! Did you happen to mention talking to me on the board just a couple days ago?

Let's add some more strangeness, I had just been telling my wife about our coincidence and came her to show her the conversation when I discover this news!

Just in case, what is your co-worker's name if I may ask?

DUDE this is getting really freaky!!! Did you happen to mention talking to me on the board just a couple days ago?

Let's add some more strangeness, I had just been telling my wife about our coincidence and came her to show her the conversation when I discover this news!

Just in case, what is your co-worker's name if I may ask?

Sorry, got busy there for a few days. Yeah, Travis and I didn't get to talk for long, but naturally I had to mention the board thing. Unfortunately I was brain-farting at the time and couldn't recall your name, but I did mention that you went with him to my 21st birthday party. Didn't get to get too much reaction to that, as it was right at that moment he realized he knew me co-worker, Caramanza. Seeing as how that's a name you don't quickly forget, you should remember him if you know him. Sounds like Travis knows him though someone else, so that would be quite the coincidence, indeed, if you did.

Latest Forte art addition...

http://forteuniverse.com/forte2000/Moondancer-harrington-med.jpg

Moondancer, by Sean Harrington.

Holy CRAP!

And he did that in less than two days. And yet, I just had to send a request for a refund to a guy who I ordered a commission from--for a pencil-only cartoony thing--six months ago. He still can't get it done. Whereas you get guys like Sean Harrington who say to themselves, "Hey, I just took this guy's money. Perhaps I should get started on the item he paid me for right away...". :) The joys of eBay art auctions. You take your chances.

Re: Latest Forte art addition...

http://forteuniverse.com/forte2000/Moondancer-harrington-med.jpg

Moondancer, by Sean Harrington.

Holy CRAP!

And he did that in less than two days. And yet, I just had to send a request for a refund to a guy who I ordered a commission from--for a pencil-only cartoony thing--six months ago. He still can't get it done. Whereas you get guys like Sean Harrington who say to themselves, "Hey, I just took this guy's money. Perhaps I should get started on the item he paid me for right away...". :) The joys of eBay art auctions. You take your chances.

Wow .. nice coloring job on that one!

Sorry' date=' got busy there for a few days. Yeah, Travis and I didn't get to talk for long, but naturally I had to mention the board thing. Unfortunately I was brain-farting at the time and couldn't recall your name, but I did mention that you went with him to my 21st birthday party. Didn't get to get too much reaction to that, as it was right at that moment he realized he knew me co-worker, Caramanza. Seeing as how that's a name you don't quickly forget, you should remember him if you know him. Sounds like Travis knows him though someone else, so that would be quite the coincidence, indeed, if you did.[/quote']

I seem to vaguely, very vaguely recall that name. I think he was a Mexican guy? I can't remember if it was someone we played volleyball with or not, but that seems to be what I'm associating the name with. Oh, and that is typical Travis, getting easily distracted. LOL He and I were actually best friends for a very long time, but as we got older we slowly drifted apart. I haven't seen him in like 14 years I think.

I seem to vaguely' date=' very vaguely recall that name. I think he was a Mexican guy? I can't remember if it was someone we played volleyball with or not, but that seems to be what I'm associating the name with. Oh, and that is typical Travis, getting easily distracted. LOL He and I were actually best friends for a very long time, but as we got older we slowly drifted apart. I haven't seen him in like 14 years I think.[/quote']

You would think so from the name, but no. Black. AND gay. Doesn't strike me as the gamer type, so probably no connection there. Yeah, that happens with people. I just reconnected with one of my best friends, and we managed to not see each other in about 15 years. Made easier by me living out of town for a lot of that time, of course. Such is life...