The Matrix

Nightfly

Does anyone know of plans for a Matrix RPG? Or are there any known Hero conversions?

I'd imagine Neo (as protrayd in Reloaded) would have to be near God-like considering even 100 Agent Smith's couldn't beat him down. Plus the whole remaking his environment thing.

On another note - I'd love to fill a binder w/ Hero (conversions) of my favorite Comic & Movie Heroes. Does anyone know a site sharing such material?

Nightfly's Bio (brief):

After having been away from RPGs since 1987, I've rediscovered my old passion and have now gotten many RPG systems. Currently my game-shelf has material from D&D, Star Wars, Star Trek, Buffy, and of course Hero (which I consider the best).

P.S. Sorry if I've put this in the wrong area, or am asking an over-asked question. This is my very 1st post here, plus I'm new to H5

Welcome to the fold, Nightfly! Don't be afraid to ask questions on any Hero-related topics around here. We all remember what it was like to be new to the system; besides, we love the chance to show off how much we know. ;)

Sorry that I'm not aware of any plans for a Matrix RPG - perhaps someone else has more info. As far as HERO conversions from various sources, the overall best website I know of is "Surbrook's Stuff", created by Ninja HERO author Michael Surbrook:

http://www.devermore.net/surbrook/index/index.html

I'd also suggest you follow the "Hero Links" at the top of this page; lots of fine resources covering many areas of HERO gaming.

Thank the Lord

Thanks Lord Laiden,

It feels good to be excercising my own imagination (for a change) instead of just watching others (via film, tv, etc).

I'll definitely visit the link you referenced. I think it'd be cool to have special guest appearances (in H5) from the likes of Spawn or Spider-Man :)

My Hero library started w/ Ninja Hero (along w/ the core H5) the first day, cuz I hoped to make some Matrix-styled action!

I enjoyed reading the Woo-Ping thread on this board, which also basically referred to Ninja Hero, so I'm glad I got it.

I think mixing some Star Hero (which I also got early) will be necessary to get the cyber-end of the Matrix-y feel.

Thanks again for the 411 (URL) & gracious "Welcome" Lord!

Nightfly

I have to agree Surbrook's stuff is good. Finding his website is what got me interested in HERO in the first place. Dont think he has any Matrix stuff up though. But depending on what your "other" characters you want. You could probably find a few on there.

I suspect that you are going to have to wait until the third Matrix movie comes out in November for the RPG to come out.

If the third one was anything like the second I suspect that alot of our notions about how things work will be upended and lots of new factions will emerge.