Expensive superhero powers

Tech

I've seen various threads on player characters and it got me thinking: what are some of the most expensive powers/superpowers that a player character has actually been allowed by a GM to have? If you describe the most expensive Active Cost power, be sure to say that and likewise, if the power described is in Real Cost, say that.

Some guidelines:

1) Mention if you have a Active Point cap in your campaign. If the Active Cap is 100 pts, everyone has 50 pts in powers generally but there is one character with a 90 pt power, that's your most expensive power.

2) Power must be from a hero, not villain.

3) It can be innate, device, suit, etc.

4) Don't mention Bases

5) This isn't trying to one-up everyone else so have fun.

For starters, I'll throw in the power from my first character Neutron. We don't have an Active Point cap per se but each power is scrutinized by everyone in the group.

Neutron Explosion: 10d6 EB, APx2, 10" radius (increased radius)

with Hole in Center (fixed), No Range, 2 Cha., Costs End

The Active Cost of this is: 162 points.

Just to throw it in, the Real Cost: 72

Re: Expensive superhero powers

I had a character (no AP limit in campaign) whose only power was a 200+ point energy blast with a bunch of stuff on it... I can't remember what anymore, but I think it had continuous and AP, concentration, Area of Effect - Line. It was humongous. That was it, though. Otherwise, he was a one-trick pony with no other powers... and was once beaten up by a couple of teenagers because he wouldn't give them his wallet. It was a wierd sort of campaign focusing on average joe's getting one or two stupendous abilities but being otherwise worth very little. I think he worked in a Hallmark store, another guy was homeless, and the other guy was released recently from a psychological facility.... pretty fun, actually. We did a lot of running away, though, as I remember... =)

I used this in a build for character named Victor in a JLA/Avengers type campaign. My best approximation of Bishop's energy absorption and release ability:

Energy Redirection: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection, Reflect At Any Target, Uncontrolled (+1/2), Variable Time Delay (Up to one Turn; +1/2), No Skill Roll Required (borrowed from VPP rules) (+1); Character takes damage normally (-1), Only vs. directed energy attacks (-1/2), Cannot 'stack' attacks (-1/4)

In other words, he can use Deflection to 'absorb' the attack and keep it for up to a turn before releasing it. Since he's taking full damage from the attack, my GM (Lord Mhoram, if you must know) gave Special GM Permission to use the "No Skill Roll Required" advantage. And if Victor gets hit with an attack while he's already 'holding' one, he loses the first one in favor of the second.

150 Active Points, 54 Real Points

Metal Master: He has a 7d6 Major Transform (Any metal to any other metal)

Active and Real cost:135pts

The next biggest power in the group would be

Sparkler: She has an ED Energy Blast 20d6 "Spark Blast". Think of the end of a lit sparkler, then multiply it by 1000 and shoot it from your extended hands. It does have the Lim: Gestures (Both hands) -1/2

Active cost:100pts Real Cost:67pts

Grimble

The most expensive power I ever recall seeing in a real game (as opposed to an 'officially sanctioned no-holds-barred if-it's-legal-do-it munchkin-all-you-want' game) was a character named Sonic Jack, who had something on the order of a 20d6 (or more) Energy Blast, AE Radius (possibly extended), and personally immune. His entire schtick was to move up close to where the fight would be, unload with the Sonic Boom, then let the rest of the team mop-up the badly-stunned villains.

For reasons I'm not certain of (probably questionable DM judgement), no civilians or property were ever damaged by the blast, but the PCs allies were if they were close enough.