Sci-Fi character portraits

Dholcrist

Sorry if this has been posted before, I did a few searches and came up with nothing.

I'm trying to put together a few "files" for my players to look over of assorted npc's, and was hoping to include some character portraits. Normally I would just have a friend draw them, but he moved and the rest of my group is artistically challenged, so I've looked around online and have found very, very few resources (my google-fu is extraordinarily weak).

So I was wondering if any here used/knew of any good sites that catered to science-fiction character art (not specifically rpg-oriented, any art will do). And no screen-caps or photographs, I'm trying to stick strictly to art for all visual aids to keep it consistent.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and again, hope I'm not digging up old threads by posting this. Thanks all.

Re: Sci-Fi character portraits

If you're willing to sift through a lot of posts, Storn's Art & Characters Thread contains a vast array of character portraits for multiple genres contributed by RPG illustrator and frequent Hero Games contributor Storn Cook. I'd also suggest looking at Michael Surbrook's collection of Pictures That Could Be Superheroes. Don't let that title or those of the various subcategories dissuade you; there's much cross-genre potential in all of them.

Re: Sci-Fi character portraits

Thanks everyone for all the links, it's greatly appreciated. Spent the entire afternoon clicking through, got some really great stuff that'll definately come in handy.

Naturally, more links are always welcome though. Again, thanks everybody for the tremendous help.