need help for a power

steph

ok one of my player make a half human half demon warrior.............and is character got powers from is infernal side...........and what he want is this.......is infernal blood are poisened and when he get injured with killing attacks the blood is blast on the opponent and paralysed him what can i use entangle?? if someone can design please

stef

excuse my english not my first language

Re: need help for a power

ok one of my player make a half human half demon warrior.............and is character got powers from is infernal side...........and what he want is this.......is infernal blood are poisened and when he get injured with killing attacks the blood is blast on the opponent and paralysed him what can i use entangle?? if someone can design please

stef

excuse my english not my first language

My initial thought is that it could be a form of "damage shield"...as I am

at work and don't have access to my books I can't say for certain but

you might want to give that a look.

-Carl-

Paralyzing Blood Spray: Entangle 2d6, 2 DEF, Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates, Character does not control activation of personal Trigger; +3/4) (40 Active Points); Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4)

A start to how it might turn out as a build. I'm sure others might have some input.

I had a thought that perhaps "Character must take BODY Damage" as a Limitation on the Power, but really, that's the Trigger Condition so it's not really valid.

but is it possible to base that attack vs constitution if it a poison?

stef

I don't see why not. Just change the parameters of "breaking" the Entangle to Con/5d6 instead of Strength. I would make it a +1/4 Advantage, since CON costs more than Strength.

How is it aimed? Does it use the character's OCV' date=' automatically hit like a damage shield, or target a hex?[/quote']Excellent question. I would use the character's (the demon-person) OCV without modifiers. Read page 271 of HERO 5th Edition Revised. I might even allow Misfire to represent that a significant source of blood isn't hit. Hurm, taking ghost-angel's basic write-up from above....
Paralyzing Blood Spray

Entangle 2d6, 2 DEF, Uses CON to Break Out instead of Strength (+1/4), Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4), Takes No Damage From Attacks Limited Group (edged or piercing weapons)(+1/4), Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates, Misfire; +1/2) (45 Active Points)

That write-up is how I would do it with all the modifiers listed since g-a's post.

The problem with the entangle is it seems an all or nothing deal. A poison I think would be more of a process and be cumulative. Just a thought, but would cumulative Damage shield drain SPD do this limited to 1D6 per body damage received fit the concept a bit better even though it is a bit more expensive and complex.