power build advice

薔薇語

Hello everyone,

I am having issue with how to exactly go about creating this powered armor so that it has a paticular ability. The player wants his suit of armor to have a device in it that will mask his heat signature when people with IR vission look apon him and also not reflect back radar. I said ok to his request with the statement that I would have to figure out the best way to build it. I was going to go with invisibity but I forgot that it requires you to choose an entire sense group at once, and that isn't appropriate since you will be able to See him with normal sight.

Well anyway I imagine you can see my issue here. My next best option is to buy Concealment with appropriate limitations to refelct that it is only working against items X and Y and has limitations ABC(to reflect that it is a armored suit). But I was wondering if there were any other ideas out there?

Please and Thank you

La Rose:help:

This is edited in.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem his HD. I was building a NightVission Goggle w/ telescopic to offset range penelties. After I confirmed that I had what I wanted, it showed up with "Telescopic" as "Build in" and that is a new one on me. It wont let me edit Telescopic adder(so as to change the value it offsets) and if I go to try and Rebuild it it shows that it is built in still. What should I do to cuase HD to go back to the Book definition of Nightvission?

Again Thank you, and yes I know this is more of a Simon isse but I was hopping one of you might know off hand before I bug him.

Re: power build advice

I would go with:

Invisibility (Sight) (20 Active Points); Only Effective vs Infrared (-1).

PLUS: Invisibility (Radar) (10 Active Points)

Total Cost: 20 Points.

You could make the Disadvantage on the first power at -1/2 in which case the total cost would be 25 points.

That's how I would do it at least.

How's this?

15 Stealth Mode: Invisibility to Radio Group and Infrared Perception - END=1

The issue with Telescopic is really just a matter of what you want it to affect. When you buy it as an adder on a specific sense like Nightvision it just adds to that senses cost. However, if you buy the Telescopic sense Modifier on the Sight Group independently it removes the adder from Nightvision.

6 Nightvision, Telescopic: +2 - END=0

1 +2 versus Range Modifier for Normal Hearing - END=0

If I change the 2nd option to the Sight Group the Nightvision cost changes to 5 and will display Telescopic built in within HD.

Hope that helps.

HM

If you want a more realistic (real world) build you can use Images to impose penalties on those trying to use Radar or IR to detect the target.

12 Images -5 PER Rolls vs. Radar and IR Perception, Only to appear as nothing (-1), OIF Armor (-1/2).