movement

steph

just want to know if i understand movement...........in combat at segment 5 a character(A) in hth combat decide at is phase to run is full movement (non-combat) he got 6 but use is 12 to get far of is opponent so at the end of is phase (in segment 5) he is at 12 hex away. now the rival(B) got a phase at segment 6 and want to attack the (A). but he is 12 hex away right? now if we know a segment is one sec we have to presume the character (A) make 12 hex in one sec is this correct? or in other way at segment 6 the character(a) are really 12 hex away?

hope i am clear

english not my first language

stef

Re: movement

when you said the end of the phase is the phase of the character so if he got 15 dex he gonna be 12 hex away at the end of is phase in dex 15 on segment 5............. is it realistic?

stef

when you said the end of the phase is the phase of the character so if he got 15 dex he gonna be 12 hex away at the end of is phase in dex 15 on segment 5............. is it realistic?

stef

End of the Phase on DEX0, not the end of the character's action in the Phase.

Rather, they move the twelve hexes at the end of the Segment.

Yes' date=' but he stated that the person after him doesn't act until the next phase. He would be away from the attacker at that point.[/quote']

Ah, right. I misread.

Yes, in Segment 6 the person who made the Non-Combat move in Segment 5 is his full movement away.

When you do a Full Move in Combat your Movement takes place at the end of the Phase' date=' you are DCV0 and haven't moved until then - someone can attack you before you actually move, you haven't gone anywhere until the end of the Phase.[/quote']

I am at a loss on this one as well. There does not appear to be an implicit statement on when movement actually occurs by itself but the vehicle movement rules do state that the rider/driver/pilot must move the vehicle/mount at its SPD and DEX (if his are higher).

This seems to imply that a character making a full or half combat move actually moves on his DEX. There is no mention of penalizing the DEX order under the non-combat movement rules so unless there is an obscure FAQ entry that I've never seen, a character who is moving non-combat complete his move on his DEX as well.

Agh!

Talk about a horrible Typo.

"Full Non-Combat Move in Combat" is what I was trying to say.

And of course, while I'm at it I go to double check the rule... and no- it doesn't take an Extra Phase, so Non-Combat Movement in Combat occurs at your DEX - but you are at 1/2 DCV, 0 OCV.

So - never mind all that previous stuff, obviously I wasn't pay attention and have probably been using a house rule all these years and forgotten it was a house rule.

Er, 5ER p363 has all the info on Non-Combat Movement stuffs.

just want to know if i understand movement...........in combat at segment 5 a character(A) in hth combat decide at is phase to run is full movement (non-combat) he got 6 but use is 12 to get far of is opponent so at the end of is phase (in segment 5) he is at 12 hex away. now the rival(B) got a phase at segment 6 and want to attack the (A). but he is 12 hex away right? now if we know a segment is one sec we have to presume the character (A) make 12 hex in one sec is this correct? or in other way at segment 6 the character(a) are really 12 hex away?

hope i am clear

english not my first language

stef

You can not go from not moving to moving non-combat in one phase. acceleration is limited to your movement. So Character A on phase 5 moves 6" (a full move) and retains his full DCV etc. On Character A's following phase he can accelerate another 6" so can make a 12" move (non-combat velocity full move).

When A moves he has moved. If A has a 15 dex and B has a 14 Dex and they get a phase on the same segment - A moves a full move (6"). B gets his action, A is no longer next to him, so B can not make a normal hand-to-hand strike attack on A unless his movement is at least 11" (which gives B a 6" half move) and B makes a half move to a hex next to A.

You can not go from not moving to moving non-combat in one phase. acceleration is limited to your movement. So Character A on phase 5 moves 6" (a full move) and retains his full DCV etc. On Character A's following phase he can accelerate another 6" so can make a 12" move (non-combat velocity full move).

When A moves he has moved. If A has a 15 dex and B has a 14 Dex and they get a phase on the same segment - A moves a full move (6"). B gets his action, A is no longer next to him, so B can not make a normal hand-to-hand strike attack on A unless his movement is at least 11" (which gives B a 6" half move) and B makes a half move to a hex next to A.

Ah! I wasn't completely insane then.

You can't accelerate to your Non-Combat movement in 1 Phase, that's where I was getting the extra time from. You accelerate at 5" per hex up to your Combat Movement per phase.

(5ER p122, 364 for references).

You can move your Non-Combat Movement in inches per phase, but you have to already be moving that fast or within your combat movement worth of inches to get to that speed.

A normal person (6") with take 2 Phases and at least 4" to accelerate to 12"/Phase Movement.