Manifesting Weapons Help

Guest C_Zeree

Guest C_Zeree

The character can manifest weapons out of energy. Once manifested they stay solid. It takes him a moment to manifest the weapons.

Thus I was thinking, just buy the weapons outright:

HKA, 0 END, OIF (To represent if taken he can manifest others), Extra Time (only to activate constant powers)

Now the semi tricky part, he can throw some of the weapons. Example: he manifests daggers and throws three of them for an autofire.

I would do this:

RKA, OIF (energy weapon)

And put a few more in a multipower.

I was thinking Lockout on the weapons, but its not really, since he can easily manifest more.

It all seems clunky.

I was thinking VPP, energy weapons, Very Limited, Cosmic, but I don't know, and dangerous.

Any thoughts? What am I forgetting?

It's just a special effect. If you can create new weapons at will, it's not a Focus. At most, you would get a small Extra Time Lim for the time it takes to manifest.

Reminds me of the time a player designed a Champions version of Marvin the Martian (the old Warner Brothers cartoon Martian). He had "Disintegrator Pistol" listed on the sheet. I looked it over:

GM: "You didn't take the Focus Limitation? It is a gun that can be taken away".

Player: "Yeah, but he always has another one."

I'm not sure what the "clunky" part of this construct is: from your description it sounds like two fixed slots in a Multipower, one for thrown weapons (RKA), the other for hand weapons (HKA). You can add Variable Special Effects if you want the weapons to look different (swords or maces, daggers or javelins), and maybe Variable Advantages if you want them to be able to choose to do Armor Piercing, Increased Stun Multiplier, etc.

I would think that a VPP would be unnecessarily complicated and expensive for the effect that you describe; but if there's more to it, please elaborate and we'll see if we can help you. :)

Guest C_Zeree
Originally posted by Lord Liaden

I'm not sure what the "clunky" part of this construct is: from your description it sounds like two fixed slots in a Multipower, one for thrown weapons (RKA), the other for hand weapons (HKA). You can add Variable Special Effects if you want the weapons to look different (swords or maces, daggers or javelins), and maybe Variable Advantages if you want them to be able to choose to do Armor Piercing, Increased Stun Multiplier, etc.

He can manifest more than one weapon at a time. A blade in each hand, blade and axe, blade and dagger, you get the picture. Simplest way I think would be HKA with Reduced Penetration to show he has two weapons, and is good enough to hit with both. But Variable advantage will not allow be to split up the Reduced penetration to say in one hand he’s wielding a broadsword (no adder), while in the other he has a stiletto (AP or Pen).

So a MP with four slots, two HKA’s, one RKA, and a HA (can’t forget clubs).

I agree with the focus statement. What about spending END to manifest? I don’t think hampers enough to warrant any true limit.

Thus the only Lim is Extra Time (–1/4)

Probably also going to put Delayed Effect on the RKA to simulate he can generate throwing stars/darts whatever, and have them ready.

Thanks for the help. Hope I’m not too much of a perfectionist. :)

Physical Manifestation instead of focus

This is a disadvantage that comes from the USPD, I think at (-1/2). It would simulate "temporary focus" issue, because while its in your hands you can be disarmed, like a normal weapon, but when you switch out powers it disappears to be replaced another manifestation.

Just a thought! :)

Guest C_Zeree
Originally posted by Hugh Neilson

It could potentially be Restrainable.

Hey! You have your minds set on one thing and you totally over look something else. Thanks! :)