[STAR WARS] It is my turn now.

Rick

Re: [sTAR WARS] It is my turn now.

I was putting it in a form that everyone can read whether or not they have HDv3, when I'm done I figure I'll put it all up on the HD site and put a link here over to there. Also this project for me is an opertunity to revise, edit and clarify all of this work so prefabs and characters are all changing a little bit everyday. Which goes back to the when I'm done thing. I'll get them up.

I was putting it in a form that everyone can read whether or not they have HDv3' date=' when I'm done I figure I'll put it all up on the HD site and put a link here over to there. Also this project for me is an opertunity to revise, edit and clarify all of this work so prefabs and characters are all changing a little bit everyday. Which goes back to the when I'm done thing. I'll get them up.[/quote']Oh, ok.

Could make the request that you put up the HD files in one big Zip in this thread as well as the HD site?

I personally don't find the HD site to be very well laid out and finding things is easier in the forums, IMO.

TB

Oh, ok.

Could make the request that you put up the HD files in one big Zip in this thread as well as the HD site?

I personally don't find the HD site to be very well laid out and finding things is easier in the forums, IMO.

TB

Will do.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the Rancor mini in the mail today so I got a bug up my butt and wrote the nasty thing up in like 10 minutes or so. He may change soon.

P.S. The mini might be the finest piece in the Star Wars mini line. though its size and ease of painting may attribute to this.

The Force and Force powers.

They look good.

Where is Vadar's Choke? Got to have the choke as well as Force Pull.

Or is that covered under Telekinesis?

Looking very good, keep it coming. I am swiping as you go. I have NEVER been happy with ANY star wars Rpling game so far and this looks very promising. (Last thing we tried SW in was Silhouette System by DP9. It didn't work).

I just got the Rancor mini in the mail today so I got a bug up my butt and wrote the nasty thing up in like 10 minutes or so. He may change soon.

P.S. The mini might be the finest piece in the Star Wars mini line. though its size and ease of painting may attribute to this.

Wow it can dead lift 100 tons?

What was your thinking behind this sort of Str?

I don't have any write up on it myself so I don't know anything about it except it is big.

Does it really have that kind of lifting power or where you trying to reflect it's RAW power and strength in damage class?

They look good.

Where is Vadar's Choke? Got to have the choke as well as Force Pull.

Or is that covered under Telekinesis?

Looking very good, keep it coming. I am swiping as you go. I have NEVER been happy with ANY star wars Rpling game so far and this looks very promising. (Last thing we tried SW in was Silhouette System by DP9. It didn't work).

Thanks, I've never liked any system for Star Wars either. Hero is great since I focus on the Films and ignore 90% of the EU. I ike Star Wars to be simple and about stories. To often the EU gets bogged down in minuta like Tech Bable and really out there force interpretations. The Psalimari is a great example. If you make any area with out the force everything in that area will all but die, the Force and Life are circular one breeds the other. The Force proof Yuuzan Vong for that and many other reasons may be the worst offenders.

Yes though I cover that under TK. The TK should have Fine Manipulate so that any Jedi/Sith/Krath (or other Force User) with the physical trick skill can choke, pull or even throw with up to 20 strength with out issue, after a hit of course. The reason I seperated the Push was simply to get the effect of Jedi and Sith in the prequels pushing things for lots of Knock Back.

Wow it can dead lift 100 tons?

What was your thinking behind this sort of Str?

I don't have any write up on it myself so I don't know anything about it except it is big.

Does it really have that kind of lifting power or where you trying to reflect it's RAW power and strength in damage class?

Well That was one of the issues I've been wrestling with. The truth is he would eb a 50 strength with out any purchase of aditional strength (W/Growth). I'll probably change him back to that. I can see a rancor flipping over a Y-wing, however 100 tons is extreme. I was really thinking more about Damage. Truth be told... 10d6 for a punch or squeeze is damned impressive, 12d6 maybe over kill on my part.

Thanks' date=' I've never liked any system for Star Wars either. Hero is great since I focus on the Films and ignore 90% of the EU. I ike Star Wars to be simple and about stories. To often the EU gets bogged down in minuta like Tech Bable and really out there force interpretations. The Psalimari is a great example. If you make any area with out the force everything in that area will all but die, the Force and Life are circular one breeds the other. The Force proof Yuuzan Vong for that and many other reasons may be the worst offenders.[/quote']

The Vong aren't really Force Proof. As is found out by the end of the Vong war they were stripped of access to the force by their own world (which had somehow attained Sapience).

If the force creates life and life creates the force, then inanimate objects like water and rocks wouldn't be connected to it at all. Instead it seems more like what Yoda originally said in Ep 6. It is an energy field that surrounds us, penetrates us, binds us together. Suppressing that field wouldn't have any effect except to hinder those that have the ability to access it. This would be like an insect gaining the ability to absorb rather than reflect hypersonic sounds. That would make them much harder for a bat to find and so let that prey species take off with a predator that is now less effective at finding them.

The Vong aren't really Force Proof. As is found out by the end of the Vong war they were stripped of access to the force by their own world (which had somehow attained Sapience).

If the force creates life and life creates the force, then inanimate objects like water and rocks wouldn't be connected to it at all. Instead it seems more like what Yoda originally said in Ep 6. It is an energy field that surrounds us, penetrates us, binds us together. Suppressing that field wouldn't have any effect except to hinder those that have the ability to access it. This would be like an insect gaining the ability to absorb rather than reflect hypersonic sounds. That would make them much harder for a bat to find and so let that prey species take off with a predator that is now less effective at finding them.

Actually you're thinking Episode V, what Yoda says is that the Force Breeds life and Life breeds the Force, it surrounds us and binds us... It connects us, you me the tree even the earth and the ship. It is all of these things, and i understand that the Vong, were "stripped" of the force. It was also all but impossible to detect them and use the force for various things invovling them. If it surrounds us and binds us and it is the bearer of life... then why should it be stripped from the creatures who seem to celebrate biology more than any others. I didn't mean to start a debate here about the Vong or any other EU subject here. If there is interest in this subject we could retire to the Other topic forum.

Actually you're thinking Episode V' date=' what Yoda says is that the Force Breeds life and Life breeds the Force, it surrounds us and binds us... It connects us, you me the tree even the earth and the ship. It is all of these things, and i understand that the Vong, were "stripped" of the force. It was also all but impossible to detect them and use the force for various things invovling them. If it surrounds us and binds us and it is the bearer of life... then why should it be stripped from the creatures who seem to celebrate biology more than any others. I didn't mean to start a debate here about the Vong or any other EU subject here. If there is interest in this subject we could retire to the Other topic forum.[/quote']I just chalk up any confusion derived from EU to it being written by spiritually impotent hack scifi writers instead of (as it should) fantasy writers. Or at least authors smart enough to figure out that Star Wars IS NOT scifi but space opera.

TB

Actually you're thinking Episode V' date=' what Yoda says is that the Force Breeds life and Life breeds the Force, it surrounds us and binds us... It connects us, you me the tree even the earth and the ship. It is all of these things, and i understand that the Vong, were "stripped" of the force. It was also all but impossible to detect them and use the force for various things invovling them. If it surrounds us and binds us and it is the bearer of life... then why should it be stripped from the creatures who seem to celebrate biology more than any others. I didn't mean to start a debate here about the Vong or any other EU subject here. If there is interest in this subject we could retire to the Other topic forum.[/quote']

Ahh, found what looks like the full quote:

"And well you should not. For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. It's energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we...(Yoda pinches Luke's shoulder)...not this crude matter. (a sweeping gesture) You must feel the Force around you. (gesturing) Here, between you...me...the tree...the rock...everywhere! Yes, even between this land and that ship!"

Doesn't seem to say anything about the force creating life... So you could cut the Vong off from it and they wouldn't die. In some ways their getting cut off is like the Ysalimari from Myrkr except it doesn't radiate out from them, just ends at their skin. That doesn't stop a jedi from launching something at them, but does make them harder to fight when you are used to having the force perception to guide your movements by anticipating an opponents upcoming actions, heheh.

Ahh, found what looks like the full quote:

"And well you should not. For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. It's energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we...(Yoda pinches Luke's shoulder)...not this crude matter. (a sweeping gesture) You must feel the Force around you. (gesturing) Here, between you...me...the tree...the rock...everywhere! Yes, even between this land and that ship!"

Doesn't seem to say anything about the force creating life... So you could cut the Vong off from it and they wouldn't die. In some ways their getting cut off is like the Ysalimari from Myrkr except it doesn't radiate out from them, just ends at their skin. That doesn't stop a jedi from launching something at them, but does make them harder to fight when you are used to having the force perception to guide your movements by anticipating an opponents upcoming actions, heheh.

It is funny. I consider myself a Starwars buff, what with an email address of Jedi42 and all. But eading the above posts (plural) I started to doubt myself about my knowledge of the force. Whew. Thanks for getting the actual quote.

Ysalimari Rock.

I have even used the Ysalimari in a fantasy setting where it cut magic users off from their "mana". I didn't even change their name if you talk about a Ysal around my group the associate them with a fantasy base.

Thanks again guys for the great side jaunt discussion. Helped clarify some things, for me anyways.

What source are Krath from?

Payback

What source are Krath from?

Payback

The krath is a name I picked out of some Star Wars Comic way back when, I think the original Exar Kun stuff. I like the name and my Krath have no relation in origin or back story as those in the comics.

The Krath in my Universe are what now fill the void since the destruction of the Sith. Unlike the Sith who were all meant to rule, Krath are often chosen because of their Lack of power and potential and often from segments of society that would make one crave for vengence and violence. The Krath lords are often fallen Jedi who use the nameless faceless Krath as tools in thier ambition.

The Sith in the Past of my Universe are also different than the comics. The Sith history I use is that of George Lucas. They were formed by Darth Ruin former Jedi Master Phanious 2000 some years ago. THe Sith and Jedi are so close in so many ways.

Dude I chacked out the starwars wiki last night...man there is a Lot of backstory available...

I tend not to like a lot of the EU story line, Lucas's stories seem so much cleaner and simpler for me to fill in the blanks in my own ways. I steal Names all the time though. I do use the Wookieepedia often though for research.

• 2 weeks later...

I just chalk up any confusion derived from EU to it being written by spiritually impotent hack scifi writers instead of (as it should) fantasy writers. Or at least authors smart enough to figure out that Star Wars IS NOT scifi but space opera.

Eh. It's published fanfic. :D

• 2 weeks later...

It gives the user a definite set of options, which was a big deal in the original X-Wing game (which is roughly what I based this design on). The 'rolling autofire' was great for dogfighting against agile TIE fighters, where the double-bolt could take them out in a single burst (a standard TIE, not an Interceptor or Bomber) I always had trouble locking onto the sons of bishes. So I wanted to reflect that.

I wasn't sure what you used for Proton Torpedo damage, so I just made them "restrained & absurd" at the same time. The engines I modeled against the MGLT rating (which is actually 100 for the original videogame, but Wookiepedia gave it 80) so I set the 'base speed' at 80 KPH (again, using numeric conventions, despite the site listing crazy speeds, we all know that what Star Wars fighter combat is about is tight dogfighting).

So those drove a lot of the decisions; that, and I wanted to reflect the game design of flipping deflector shields around, which also comes from film IV, roughly, "Set deflector shields to forward at full strength!" -- I don't recall the quote, but it's in there.

Feel free to add the radio & such, I forgot those. Eep.