Poetry/clue help

teh bunneh

Calling all Heroes!

My current plot involves a scavenger hunt, where the characters have to search for certain items. They are given a list of things to find, but the list is supposed to be clues, not directions. Anyone want to help me make a stab at writing short clues for these items? The clues can be poetic or not, as the mood strikes...

• A piece of lightning-struck iron (a lightning rod, hidden at the top of the highest tower of the school) – 2 points
  • A herb known as Marku (a reddish grass that grows despite heat and lack of water, and is said to protect against the ill effects of heat) (outside of the school grounds) – 3 points
  • Catch a (living) bejeweled fish (known as a pincelfish) in the ocean below the docks – 5 points
  • An ancient oil lamp lit with a fire that is never extinguished and filled with oil that never runs out, deep in the underground chambers beneath the school. -- 7 points
  • Gather “honey” from a giant ant’s nest a few miles from the school – 10 points
  • A nest of giant wasps preys on the giant ground-spiders that live in the plains. They inject a paralytic venom into them and lay their eggs within. Bring back one of the paralyzed/dying egg-injected tarantulas back (found deeper in the plains; miles from the school) – 10 points
  • Take a gemstone from the hoard of a (friendly) nearby brass dragon (they’ll have to talk him into giving up the gem; he is a friend of the school and is expecting the visitors) – 50 points

Help a bunneh out? I will whollop you with my mighty repstick! :D

Re: Poetry/clue help

A piece of lightning-struck iron (a lightning rod' date=' hidden at the top of the highest tower of the school) – 2 points[/quote']

Ben Franklin's invention

Topping a spire

Over students' detention

(Hint: it's sort of a wire).

[*]Catch a (living) bejeweled fish (known as a pincelfish) in the ocean below the docks – 5 points

Sparkling jewels of sunken treasure that don't want to be rescued from the briny deep.

[*]A nest of giant wasps preys on the giant ground-spiders that live in the plains. They inject a paralytic venom into them and lay their eggs within. Bring back one of the paralyzed/dying egg-injected tarantulas back (found deeper in the plains; miles from the school) – 10 points

It gives birth to a different species. The parent crawls, the children fly.

Is this a Hogwarts sort of place? And in modern times? The Ben Franklin poem would work in a modern setting' date=' but not a standard fantasy setting...[/quote']

It's sort of like Hogwort's, but it's in a fantasy (medieval-esque) world.

These are really great! Thanks so much guys! :king:

If I'm not too late:

First the seeker must ascend on high

To seize earth's fiery union with the sky

Then look beyond where fire's bane

In reddest garb adorns the plain.

That taken plunge into the brine

To snatch the gleaming swimming shine.

Then glow-worm's bane you need to save,

Eternal flame from deepest cave.

Strive on, your tasks have not yet ceased:

Bring sweetmeats from the pismire's feast

Then bring the weaver living from his tomb

Unwilling made into another's womb.

Your final challenge- courage, do not fear

Not might or magic will avail you here

The ancient brazen sage has in his keeping

The shining treasure that you now are seeking

Re: Rep for all my loyal minions!

Thanks muchly for all your help' date=' guys! Especially Captain Obvious, who gave me a lot of great material to work with. I've posted the recap of the session here. :thumbup:

(Apologies to V and Captain Obvious, I still have to spread the bunneh-luvins around before I can hit you again). :(

Yes, they did guess most of them. They got the red fireproof grass clue, they got the lightning rod clue, eventually they got the tarantula and the honey ant clues. The dragon clue stumped them for the longest time -- they were like, "It couldn't be a real dragon. It must be a dragon statue or something..." :lol: