Can a person Teleport or use Disolification to get out of a mental paralysis?

Demonsong

Can a person Teleport or use Disolification to get out of a mental paralysis? Here is the example Master Mind used:

Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF, Works Against EGO, Not STR (+1/4), Takes No Damage From Attacks Limited Group (+1/4), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense; +1) (150 Active Points); Mental Defense Adds To EGO (-1/2)

Would you have to by a +1/4 to Harden against teleport and another +1/4 to Harden against Disalifiction. Or does the Bases on EGO Combat Value take that in to consideration.

Thanks

I've been considering this very issue recently.

I've got a player character who has a mental paralysis called TimeStop. Obviously, the person is frozen in time. It was bought mental because it made (slightly) more sense than someone's strength being able to rip them out of time.

So far he has a 100% record on containing opponents (through 2 games). While he'll eventually run into someone he can't contain, I've been wondering about t-port v. mental entangle.

I think it makes sense v. the timestop because you could easily be pulling yourself out of the frozen pocket of time. On the other hand, If the entangle had been bought to block the senses, I might rule otherwise in this case; But the fact that he's still aware of what's going on around him implies that he can interract with them to a degree.

I *personally* tend to think that Teleport works generally v. the mental effect. After all, I think there's a modifier specfically related to entangle v. teleport? (Cannot be escaped by t-port or somesuch? Or is it a mod for tport? I can't recall). But again, special effects should alter things a little.

This one has to be SFX vs. SFX. Why? Check the description of "Can't be escaped with teleportation." Armor piercing counteracts it, and mulitple levels of hardening vs. multiple levels of armor piercing is possible. The problem here is that there's always going to be, mechanically, the possibility of something really stupid happening, like a "brain lock" type effect being escaped by teleporting an inch to the left.

FYI, Desolid would not normally work against a mental entangle. Mental entangles are bought BOECV, and Desolid does not protect against such attacks unless the attack takes the disadvantage.