Armour with Differing level of Protection

yamamura

I am working on an idea for a campaign and have come across a problem with armour. Say I have a character that wears a Bustier/Leotard made of super spandex that gives her let’s say 12PD/12ED. She also will have super hose to cover her legs of let say around 4PD/4ED. Now I would I handle the activation rolls on this?

Thanx in Advance

G

Illustration to Follow on case I am confusing:

Not really an answer...

This doesn't really answer your question, but...

Assuming this character is for a supers game, she can be wearing a chip thong and nipple clips or pasties and still have 12 PD / 12 ED Armor that provides full coverage. The special effect is that the dental floss bikini produces a force field which generates the protective effect. Look at the character write-up for Nighthawk in the Champions genre book - his "vest armor" or somesuch works this way.

Just an alternative to consider.

John H

Check the Fred or Ultimate Martial Artist. One of them has a table to assign a limitation based roughly on the value of an activation roll but then say it covers specific hit locations rather than having an actual hit location (IIRC, a helmet which covers locations 3-5 is a -2 limitation, just like an 8- activation roll).

How I would build this:

Armor 12/12 OIF act 14- Not vs attacks with find weakness

(8/8 of the armor has the additional limitation: Only if activation roll is made by 3 or more.

Net result: On a 14-, you get 4 armor, if you roll 11- then you get 12 armor and if you're attacked by someone with find weakness (with the incoming attack) then you get hit in the face, 0 armor. That's what helmets are for.

Originally posted by Tom McCarthy

Check the Fred or Ultimate Martial Artist. One of them has a table to assign a limitation based roughly on the value of an activation roll but then say it covers specific hit locations rather than having an actual hit location (IIRC, a helmet which covers locations 3-5 is a -2 limitation, just like an 8- activation roll).

Can you look this up and tell us what page? I'm getting frustrated with the specific armor table at the end of the equipment section of FREd. Thanks!

UMA has a limitation section covering this topic on page 186 and 187 however it dies not give limitations it only says what certian armors would cover.

Fred also goes over this on pages 181 under activation and page 334 under armor coverage/activation table.

Your example should read as the following power.

Cost Power END
18 Her Partial Coverage: (Total: 36 Active Cost, 18 Real Cost) Full Body Tards: Armor (4 PD/4 ED) (12 Active Points); Activation Roll: Hit Locations 9-18 12- (-3/4) (Real Cost: 7) plus That suit she wears: Armor (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); Activation Roll: Hit Locations 10-13 10- (-1 1/4) (Real Cost: 11)
Powers Cost: 18